BvS How Would People Feel About a Zack Snyder Batman Movie?

We had Batman for three films straight.

Let's up the ante a little.

I've already said this will be nice for people who've longed to see The Bat-God. I'm not begrudging it, I just don't happen to be one of those people myself. And I do understand the concerns from the Superman-first fans.

I enjoy Bat-god, i also enjoy wonder-god, super-god all of them should come off as the most badass amazing individuals ever. I keep touting Morrison's JLA run as the perfect way to write these characters.

Unless people want Geoff Johns Justice League :funny: Then none of the trinity fans win.

You pretty much have to go with a Bat-God if you're setting up JL, so I certainly get it. It's the "VS." part that's understandably worrying the Supes fans a bit.

I'm sure they'll hug it out and be best brahs at the end...how else is justice supposed to dawn? :oldrazz:

I enjoy Bat-god, i also enjoy wonder-god, super-god all of them should come off as the most badass amazing individuals ever. I keep touting Morrison's JLA run as the perfect way to write these characters.

Unless people want Geoff Johns Justice League :funny: Then none of the trinity fans win.

I just never understood how some fans can love the "Bat-God" conceit but then turn right around and say Superman is boring because he's indestructible and a boy scout. It's the same difference to me. Bat-God is just as 1-note as the Superman who has the power to juggle planets. The only difference being 1 smiles while the other scowls.

I just never understood how some fans can love the "Bat-God" conceit but then turn right around and say Superman is boring because he's indestructible and a boy scout. It's the same difference to me. Bat-God is just as 1-note as the Superman who has the power to juggle planets. The only difference being 1 smiles while the other scowls.

This is an excellent point. Batgod beats all with his mind and gadgets, the other character does it with his mind and powers.

Last edited:

It's because they like the idea of celebrating a human. I'm starting to think that the people who just want Batman to knock the whole Justice League around aren't true fans of the character, but are wired to the CONCEPT of Batman as a human power fantasy. That is to say, because he's human, they want him to be the biggest and best as a representation of human abilities. So they get offended if he loses. I'm sure they'd tear out the pages of comics where Batman gets KO'd and the villain escapes.

To me, saying someone is the best superhero because he lacks powers is like saying that a cripple who participates in the Olympics is the best runner. It's easy to sympathize with the cripple, but to be honest, it's amazing that he's in the Olympics.

Likewise, with Batman, making him smarter and more powerful than anyone else does a disservice to both the character and the others around him. He doesn't need to use stealth, he can just hide in the open. He doesn't need others to come up with strategies, he can just think everything up.

Suddenly, the idea behind Batman is lost in the ideal fantasy..as well as some of the character.

We need a Batman who needs others, and vice versa. I'd lean toward the side of wimp, to be honest. An overpowered Batman would upstage the other characters.

I think people love getting hyperbolic when it comes to how skilled "Batgod" really is.

Its a silly term "Bat-God" its like people getting just frustrated that the character is written as a highly intelligent and skilled individual while making the other characters look dumb. You don't have to do that, you can showcase other characters in a good way even if Batman is "Batgod". Like mentioned, Morrison did this in a very cool way.

Morrison's Batman is Batgod. That's where the term originates. Even in JLA there is a story where Batman gets #rekt because he comes across Prometheus for the first time, and has no idea how to defeat him.

Next time around though he messes with his helmet and implants the physiological profile of Stephen Hawking paralysing him.

Morrison's Batman is Batgod. That's where the term originates. Even in JLA there is a story where Batman gets #rekt because he comes across Prometheus for the first time, and has no idea how to defeat him.

Next time around though he messes with his helmet and implants the physiological profile of Stephen Hawking paralysing him.

Yes, that's what i said. Hence why i keep touting it as the definitive way to write the JL.

Many reasons why, particularly, no matter how "powerful" Bat-god is, he's still a human, he'll never be able to fly or have superspeed or superstrength, even if the others are underpowered (or written that way), they still have those powers to fall back on easily. It's far more intriguing and satisfying to see someone achieve equality among gods by willpower, smarts and hard work as opposed to them using their god given powers.

Bare in mind I don't appreciate any member being underpowered at all, I think all of them should be pretty unapologetic with their powers, but wanting Batman to be just another normal guy in a batsuit just in order to emphasize Superman's or Wonder Woman's powers makes him pointless, and fans clamouring for that make no sense whatsoever to me, why would you want someone who doesn't belong in your team? They all need to bring something unique and meaningful to the team, especially when said person is a member of the trinity, you can't have Batman be the Hawkeye in the group, he's the Iron Man.

I think people love getting hyperbolic when it comes to how skilled "Batgod" really is.

:funny: Although if he starts astral projection a la Brave and the Bold, I would freak!

jim-lee-superman-choking-batman.jpg

Superman putting "Bat-god" in his place.

^ Are you one of those annoying tools who think that Batman can beat anyone with 'prep-time'? I hate those mother****ers.

^ Are you one of those annoying tools who think that Batman can beat anyone with 'prep-time'? I hate those mother****ers.

Ignoring how hilariously abrasive you are being right now, no I'm not, I'm someone who thinks that if Batman is the only one without any sort of physical or mental superpower, then if you want him to be a part of the justice league (and considering he's DC's most popular property and a mainstay of the justice league of course he'll be) he'll have to make up his lack of super speed/strength with sharp wits, superior resources and an all around better mind (and a lot of luck and yes obsessive planning or "prep-time" as you call it).

You seem to make the common mistake in thinking that powering up Batman would equal depowering others. It's called writing a good balanced team, not being a fanboy, despite what insecure superman fans would have you believe.

It's not that he "needs prep time".

It's that Batman is his entire life. He devotes his entire life to constructing death traps and putting himself in them so he would know how to escape them. In Batman's own words "Obvious variations aside there is only one human body. 206 bones, 60, 000 miles of blood vessels. All it takes is time. Days, weeks months, years, decades spent on studying the finite number of ways to break a man. I've escaped every conceivable deathtrap ten times, dozens of times."

You don't think from the day Superman revealed himself Batman would have spent every waking hour into trying to analyse every minute detail about every Kryptonian that appeared on Earth?

He could already potentially know one of Superman's weaknesses: Lois. Superman wouldn't risk endangering Lois. He might even know about Martha and Superman's alter ego.

I don't see how people can accept Lex as a viable threat and not Batman. It's genuinely hilarious.

It's not that he "needs prep time".

It's that Batman is his entire life. He devotes his entire life to constructing death traps and putting himself in them so he would know how to escape them. In Batman's own words "Obvious variations aside there is only one human body. 206 bones, 60, 000 miles of blood vessels. All it takes is time. Days, weeks months, years, decades spent on studying the finite number of ways to break a man. I've escaped every conceivable deathtrap ten times, dozens of times."

You don't think from the day Superman revealed himself Batman would have spent every waking hour into trying to analyse every minute detail about every Kryptonian that appeared on Earth?

He could already potentially know one of Superman's weaknesses: Lois. Superman wouldn't risk endangering Lois. He might even know about Martha and Superman's alter ego.

I don't see how people can accept Lex as a viable threat and not Batman. It's genuinely hilarious.

I was JUST thinking that, Lex and Bruce are essentially the same, and they can be written the same in terms of intelligence, willpower and resources. One is evil and one is good.

I'd also put it down to the reason Batman can be so good at what he does, is because he has to be, he's the only one that faces vulnerability on a scale that Superman will never understand, while Superman is moping about Lois and being loved and accepted and learning restraint. Batman is obsessing at how to not only match his superpowered teammates, but to beat them in case anything ever went wrong.

I feel that some people here just see Batman as someone who is above average in everything that just puts a suit on and uses fear tactics to intimidate criminals and uses gadgets to take on everyone else. That only works when you are in a world with no superpowers, you can't have that when you introduce Superman in his world.

Tower of Babel, some people need to start reading these comics.

I was JUST thinking that, Lex and Bruce are essentially the same, and they can be written the same in terms of intelligence, willpower and resources. One is evil and one is good.

I'd also put it down to the reason Batman can be so good at what he does, is because he has to be, he's the only one that faces vulnerability on a scale that Superman will never understand, while Superman is moping about Lois and being loved and accepted and learning restraint. Batman is obsessing at how to not only match his superpowered teammates, but to beat them in case anything ever went wrong.

I feel that some people here just see Batman as someone who is above average in everything that just puts a suit on and uses fear tactics to intimidate criminals and uses gadgets to take on everyone else. That only works when you are in a world with no superpowers, you can't have that when you introduce Superman in his world.

Tower of Babel, some people need to start reading these comics.

I do think it's a problem that pertains to film boards, most members are familiar only with film versions where Batman existed in an isolated circumstance so they could "depower" him. Especially in TDKT. He was a smart guy and a good fighter, but he wasn't massively intelligent, and he wasn't one of the greatest fighters.

What we really need is someone like Morrison or Waid to tackle a Batman V Superman fight.

And it's the existence of THIS type of attitude that ensures that BvSDoJ will probably be massively divisive no matter what. It's going to be the first comic book film that will intentionally encourage fanbase infighting.

Oh man, it's gonna be hilarious watching people get all bent out of shape. :funny:

Yeah, best thing about Morrison and Waid's JLA is that these guys weren't your typical superpowered beings, they were the absolute best at the powers they had. Superman could focus his superhearing on certain frequencies and batman used that to locate people. Flash is the guy who used science with his superspeed in order to fight his enemies in a tactical and strategical way. Batmam created a machine so that superman couldn't listen to his heartbeat (a guy who is impossible to sneak up on) so he could sneak up and take out the martians using underestimation of him in order to sneak away and confirm his deduction.

These guys are supposed to be amazing, why anyone would want any of them underpowered is beyond me.

I have no problem with Batman being amazing, and hyper competent with a fictional hero's "improbable wisdom" like Sherlock Holmes.

I do have a problem with out fitting him soley with "plot armor" (A device he came up with to mask his heartbeat? Give me a frackin' brea with that bovine excriment. ) and writting stories where he makes all the other DCU heroes look irrelivant and useless.

You think it's unreasonable a man who wears a suit with no heat index a completely silent jet, that happens to be more stealthy than any military hardware can disguise his heartbeat?

:funny: Although if he starts astral projection a la Brave and the Bold, I would freak!

Hahahahah, that cartoon was silly enough to get away with a lot of stuff.

As much as Superman fans whine about Batman being "overpowered", I wonder if they forget that the same type of thing was going on during the 40+ years when Superman was the most popular Superhero in the world.

You think it's unreasonable a man who wears a suit with no heat index a completely silent jet, that happens to be more stealthy than any military hardware can disguise his heartbeat?

Its only unreasonable because Batman disguising his heartbeat means that Superman can't detect him.

Hard to say. I'd have to see what he does with Batman in DOJ before I can form a hypothesis.

For all the talk of Superman being the ideal for mankind to strive for, etc etc, I personally feel that Batman is the true ideal.

Yeah, he doesn't wear bright, symbolic colors or always say "Please", "Thank you", and "Ma'am". He can get a bit moody at times, and he gets angry and depressed. He's not the "Boy Scout".

But he's a human being. That is something Superman, no matter how he tries, can never be. He can never feel the pain, danger, and helplessness we feel. He's just not human. How can he be the ideal to strive for when there is no way we can ever be like him?

Batman, with all his flaws, is the paradigm of humanity, to me. No, no one would ever devote their life to fighting crime, and he isn't realistic in the slightest sense of the word. But pushing your personal boundaries, driving yourself to be the best possible man you can be, to take up a noble cause and devote all your time, resources, and life at whatever cost, even death...to me that is more inspiring and heroic than an indestructible baby falling from the heavens.

Flame me all you like, but "bat-god" is still more interesting than Superman, to me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"