BvS Is the BvS universe being rebooted after Justice League? [SPOILERS]

bluearth

Civilian
Reaction score
WARNING

SPOILERS AHEAD

Anyone else feel after seeing this movie theres no way this Universe of heroes is going to go past Justice League Part 2?

Clark Kent is dead. Which means no daily planet stuff. Luthor knows the identity of all the heroes. Doomsday story is done and they are about to do Darkseid's story. Who is left? Olsen is dead. Mercy Graves is dead. Luthor is a known convicted criminal. So that makes alot of subplots like him becoming president something they cant do. They're really limited with him now.

Theres really not much left to do or places to go once they finish Justice League Part 2. Thats why I feel WB is going to reboot everything after all the currently announced films are finished.

What we're seeing now is a 'trilogy' from Zack Snyder, Man of Steel, BvS, then the two Justice League films. Its not a real cinematic universe like what Marvel made. I think the real cinematic universe is what we will get when they reboot everything after 2020.

Agree or not?

They will not reboot it. That would be a complete public disaster. Let's wait and see how the movie (which only came out) does at the box office for the second week. Justice league is supposed to start filming on April 11th. A lot of money has been poured into all departments including set building, art departments, actors etc.

Unless one to two films in their upcoming slate completely flopped like Green Lantern 2011, then okay maybe they will reboot Superman/Batman again. But as of now, not yet.

My biggest concern to this, I don't want to wait longer for a solo movie for The Flash and Aquaman. And another reboot will definitely delay those two. The Wonder Woman movie is still happening, even if SS also fails.

Last edited:
JL ends with Barry creating the Flashpoint paradox, and disappearing within the Speed Force with Wally taking over. :o

I think WB should just give up on making DC movies wouldn't we all agree? They've never made a good one and never will they should just give up on making comic book movies all together. ��

IMO.

They should reboot this thing before Snyder's Justice League.

Have George Miller do a standalone self-contained Justice League film instead, Kill the Snyderverse. Keep Suicide Squad as a separate standalone franchise.

We had to wait till the Nolan Dark Knight Triliogy ended. The DCU started with Green Lantern and the movie was light in tone, but everyone hated it. We had to start all over again. The DCU started again with Man of Steel, a good start. We had to wait THREE YEARS for BvS, now Justice League part one will start next year, and all you guys are talking about is a FREAKING REBOOT!!!!!

The DCU universe is interesting and different from Marval/Disney. Let's have something different. Let the DCU BEGIN before you start judging. I don't want to wait till I'm 80 years old for a Justice League movie.

Why would they reboot it if they just started 3 years ago? A reboot is out of the question anyways. WB would probably put all DC characters on a shelf with the exception of Batman until about 2025 and focus on other franchises at WB if they ended it. Plus why would the GA care about another reboot if you failed for the 435345353674 time. They'll be even more confused then they are now, confusing Nolan's universe with Synder's.

World War 3 has a better chance of happening than another reboot

Hell no. There's just too much money and development in this universe. And it started with a bang. Suicide Squad and Wonder Woman will, most likely, solidify this universe's success. They're launching a number new characters and depending on their individual performance, it will be growing. No way they cancel it and reboot. So all those who wanted DC Animated Universe or Marvel style, or whatever - better start appreciating the effort, or move on with their lives. Because nothing's gonna change in general.

HELL NO! full speed ahead. I am along for the ride and will take as many people as possible with me . Seeing it again tomorrow. I'm Avengers level happy if not more after seeing the film.

I REALLY don't think people understand BvS and what it was aiming for or what it was about, it's depth, subtlitaty or approach.

no. each movie will shape this universe in a different way. and people are acting like the characterization of superman is as bad as the no cape, no flying, all black suit superman that jon peters wanted..just remember spiders are fiercest killers in the insect kingdom

This is the last adaptation we're going to see of Batman for a LONG time. They're going to milk Affleck as long as they can, but eventually they're going to try something new. Someone else besides Bruce Wayne under the cape and cowl. Just like they're going to do with Spider-Man once Holland is done with the role.

This is the last adaptation we're going to see of Batman for a LONG time. They're going to milk Affleck as long as they can, but eventually they're going to try something new. Someone else besides Bruce Wayne under the cape and cowl. Just like they're going to do with Spider-Man once Holland is done with the role.

honestly i love to see a batman beyond live action, that would be a further way to milk affleck after it is not believable for him in the cowl

I think we may see a soft reboot almost. I think nearly all of the blame of BVS is on Snyder, and his directing capabilities. Considering the actors where spared from a lot of the critical panning (except Jesse), I don't see a reason to let anyone go. But I think the dour/dark tone is gone. Even Snyder said that it he wasn't going that dark ever again after BVS, but now I think WB wouldn't let him if he tried. Anyways if Snyder stays I don't think he'll be allowed to make any "controversial decisions" that he got away with in this movie.

Wouldn't be surprised if

-Batman stops killing in solos
-They get a traditional Jimmy Olsen for Daily Planet for a MOS sequel
-maybe a Luthor recast
etc

What's the point? I have high hopes for WW and SS and Snyder isn't going to be directing everything. I am slightly concerned about JL though.

Said it before but Justin Lin flatout got rid of magic blood, super teleparter, and Kling on war subplot for Star Trek beyond

Josh Brolin for Batman! Channing Tatum for Superman! Peter Dinklage for Lex Luthor! Brian Cranston for Lex Luthor Snr! That chick from Walking Dead for Lois Lane!

Um. No.

Affleck be Bats for a while yet...

i think many of you didn't even read the OP.
he is talking about 2020 and beyond, not current DCEU.

Theres really not much left to do or places to go once they finish Justice League Part 2. Thats why I feel WB is going to reboot everything after all the currently announced films are finished.

No chance, and I'm glad. I love this universe Snyder and co are constructing.

I love the divisiveness of this film. The debate is fascinating if nothing else. I say no reboot but find another storyline to use. There are a ton of great DC stories that can easily be incorporated after JLA

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohkeelay
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"