Justice League What is the minimum amount of heroes to call this movie "Justice League"

Yeah I guess but it would look like WB is trying to emulate Marvel that way. They could try to do something different. I just don't understand what the plan seems to be.

Why wouldn't they copy Marvel's plan? It worked. It worked very well. It's a proven method. They'd be foolish not to follow it.

I don't think people would cry foul if they had solos before a team-up. The fact that it's different heroes is different enough.

Did the second guy who made a sequel or a trilogy get called out for copying the concept from the first guy who did it?

WB focusing on the stories at hand and not turning them into promos for the big team movie like Marvel did will already be something new and different from Marvel, even if they do have solo films before JL. It would also be a completely different way of advertizing the shared universe. Everyone and their dog knew Avengers was coming due to all the Avengers setups the solo movies had. Imagine being someone in the general audience not knowing this. You saw all the DC solo films and liked them all but you have no clue they're in the same universe (except for maybe some very small easter eggs that most won't immediately notice). Then when you're sitting in theatres in January or February to watch some movie, all of the sudden you see the JL trailer and you're completely taken by surprise when you see Batman, Superman, and the rest standing next to each other.

That is the way WB should do this. Not only is this different enough from Marvel's method but they also have the chance of beating Marvel at their own game by creating an even better cinematic universe than theirs IMO.

WB focusing on the stories at hand and not turning them into promos for the big team movie like Marvel did will already be something new and different from Marvel, even if they do have solo films before JL. It would also be a completely different way of advertizing the shared universe. Everyone and their dog knew Avengers was coming due to all the Avengers setups the solo movies had. Imagine being someone in the general audience not knowing this. You saw all the DC solo films and liked them all but you have no clue they're in the same universe (except for maybe some very small easter eggs that most won't immediately notice). Then when you're sitting in theatres in January or February to watch some movie, all of the sudden you see the JL trailer and you're completely taken by surprise when you see Batman, Superman, and the rest standing next to each other.

That is the way WB should do this. Not only is this different enough from Marvel's method but they also have the chance of beating Marvel at their own game by creating an even better cinematic universe than theirs IMO.
THIS. :up:

This is a unique idea.

However, I doubt GAs will necessarily think that they are not in the same universe, given the precedence set by Avengers.

Unless the movies actively say that the heroes are the only ones in their universe, and then JL surprises everyone with the multi-verse! That there would be a surprise I think.
(Though I think it could also come across as being unplanned and reactionary or something).

Either way, I think it would only create disappointment for there not to be anything after the credits of each movie, and it would be a missed opportunity, despite being 'different'.

Hype>Surprise.

WB focusing on the stories at hand and not turning them into promos for the big team movie like Marvel did

Cap was the worst offender. There was no need to shamelessly tie that narrative into Avengers like they did. I think that completely undermined the ending. If anything, Avengers should have began with Cap being awoke in the present time.

But what do you expect from a film called Captain America: First Avenger.

Can't have a Justice League without her? LOL I think you should know that the JL has existed before that show...

I know it did but I grew up watching that show so for me you cant have JL without her

she was added to the roster only because they thought Aquaman was a joke....which he pretty much is, but if anything the Aquaman they had on the show was pretty bad ass....pretty sure they also did it so Wonder Woman wasn't the only woman on the team....

Actually, she was added because 1) they wanted another female on the team other than WW and 2) Aquaman had an embargo on him at the time the show started.

Really? I wasn't aware of this embargo on Aquaman. Strange. What was that about?

I don't know the full details. All I know is that he had an embargo on him. I think it was due to the TV show he was going to get but fell through, which is probably why the embargo didn't last long.

Yeah, because I think literally in the first episode after the pilot he appears....that's strange.

The way I read it, the Aquaman embargo started when the character was used in both "Smallville", in "Entorage", and in the failed pilot, "Aquaman". Because the TV rights were optioned to those production companies (ie. Tollin-Robbins Productions, Millar-Gough, Ink., Leverage Management, et. al.) other projects were limited if not barred from using the character or any of his family of characters. Supposedly there were similar limitations with Wonder Woman as to why she never appeared in "Smallville", no did we ever get to see Donna Troy appear in "Teen Titans".

Last edited:

Like....drum roll please..............................

TDK movies?

I agree with what you said, which only further emphasizes why TDK movies need to be included in this universe. Otherwise, everyone WILL see it coming if they reboot Batman. Right now, people like yourself cannot fathom the idea of Christian Bale being Batman alongside Superman. Which is exactly what you were saying!

Last edited:
As long as the new Batman isn't tackled like Marvel. Where they launch a solo Bat movie after he's been introduced in JL, and it's just a 2 hour 3D movie of Batman using his detective skills to unravel puzzles and traps created by the OCD/Stalker Edward Nygma......only for Batman to find him & toss him into Arkham at the end before Superman flies down to tell Batman HEY GET READY FOR A JL SEQUEL.

As long as that doesn't happen. We don't need the solo movies treated like some 2 hour trailer for a team-up. Just an excuse for the studio and producers to make money off the Batman name "You fans wanted a new Batman movie, here, now shut up".

It needs to be fun, they need to give fans a new movie in 4 or 5 years I guess, they need to establish the new Gordon, the new Alfred, the new Gotham. Absolutely. But I want a story that we haven't seen in live-action tv or film (including all the crime shows and movies as well as previous Batman movies).

Like....drum roll please..............................

TDK movies?

I agree with what you said, which only further emphasizes why TDK movies need to be included in this universe. Otherwise, everyone WILL see it coming if they reboot Batman. Right now, people like yourself cannot fathom the idea of Christian Bale being Batman alongside Superman. Which is exactly what you were saying!

And nothing that I said can't apply to the Batman reboot as well. Only difference being that the rebooted Batman would work better for JL. Thus I'm going to go with that option.

People are still not going to expect it if there is nothing that hints or indicates a shared universe. Most people will just think "Oh, they started over again like they did with Spider-Man."

And people expected Spider-Man in some capacity in Avengers because of it saying "MARVEL" before his film.

I think Five would be the minimum for JL. But im still wondering if they have the balls to just give people Bats, Supes, Wondy and Flash, with cameos by MM and GL.

I don't think they will, but I wonder about Green Lantern these days. Im sure we'll get a new Hal or hopefully John Stewart. But would they go with 4? Just to get GL off their backs and to do something different from Avengers? It's an interesting thought.

Maybe it would work if the first movie were those 4 names, hints at Hal & J'onn and perhaps Atlantis. With Brainiac as the villain or the Legion of Doom. Then Darkseid in the sequel with all 7 of the original members.

I'm almost positive right now that if Chad Boseman doesn't take the Black Panther role, WB will jump on him for Green Lantern. That's what I think will happen realistically.

I think Five would be the minimum for JL. But im still wondering if they have the balls to just give people Bats, Supes, Wondy and Flash, with cameos by MM and GL.

I don't think they will, but I wonder about Green Lantern these days. Im sure we'll get a new Hal or hopefully John Stewart. But would they go with 4? Just to get GL off their backs and to do something different from Avengers? It's an interesting thought.

Maybe it would work if the first movie were those 4 names, hints at Hal & J'onn and perhaps Atlantis. With Brainiac as the villain or the Legion of Doom. Then Darkseid in the sequel with all 7 of the original members.

I'm almost positive right now that if Chad Boseman doesn't take the Black Panther role, WB will jump on him for Green Lantern. That's what I think will happen realistically.

I'm comfortable with that idea, but what exactly would be Lantern's cameo? Because that word can mean a number of things from being seen in the background to physically joining a fight for 30 seconds..

I'm comfortable with that idea, but what exactly would be Lantern's cameo? Because that word can mean a number of things from being seen in the background to physically joining a fight for 30 seconds..
I think it would more of a reference thing. Dropping hints a couple of times within the JL movie or even the WW movie if it was out before. Like Steve Trevor telling Diana about this jackass pilot he knows that's just like him but of course he tries to make himself look better. Then an after-credits scene in JL where you see this man in the desert (don't really see his face because of the blowing sand) finding this spacecraft and then you see a close up of the green ring and it cuts to black. Something like that.

But I would only do that if Darkseid was the villain in the sequel. Meaning, the sequel gets a larger lineup.

Heh. NO ONE wants Cyborg. :hehe: I love this. Take that, DC/WB. Keep Cyborg in Titans where he belongs.

I think it would more of a reference thing. Dropping hints a couple of times within the JL movie or even the WW movie if it was out before. Like Steve Trevor telling Diana about this jackass pilot he knows that's just like him but of course he tries to make himself look better. Then an after-credits scene in JL where you see this man in the desert (don't really see his face because of the blowing sand) finding this spacecraft and then you see a close up of the green ring and it cuts to black. Something like that.

But I would only do that if Darkseid was the villain in the sequel. Meaning, the sequel gets a larger lineup.

That's reasonable. But that would mean one of two things. Either WB will have to make a solo GL movie between JL1 and 2 or they'll have to make the character central in the second Justice League movie otherwise it'll seem like a wasted move. I could see Hal being a pivotal character though. Since he works for the supposedly omniscient council of Guardians, he should be full of knowledge about just about any alien threat.

Though I don't see an issue with including him in a less focused role in the first one either. I don't think anyone would complain if they included him and made him something of a background character. WB could call themselves "lying low" with the character's inclusion and maybe soften the negative feels people got after 2011.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohkeelay
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"