Justice League What is the minimum amount of heroes to call this movie "Justice League"

I understand the Martian bit for the huge fans of that character...but what's going on today??! One person thinks you can't do JL without Hawkgirl and another won't even watch the movie unless Martian Manhunter is in it?

Jesus Christ! I find that very hard to believe.

So the Justice League movie comes out, the first one ever, with Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Flash, Green Lantern...and u still won't see it!? Even if MM just has a cameo or they wait to use him in the sequel?

You're either a fan of Justice League and its characters or you're not.

It's so ****ing easy to include Martian Manhunter, it's ****ing lazy. He could simply be the one to bring the team together, tell them the threat, and fight the treat with them. Think of MM like Shield in Avengers. He is a one man SHIELD. The Martian has to be in it. Make the villain have a backstory in which him and MM have fought before.

It's so goddamn easy a child could do it.

why is hawkgirl not on this list? she was one of the main 7 on the justice league show from 2001 to me you cant have justice league without her
Hawkgirl replaced Aquaman as a core member on the show, but wasn't even a big part of the comics

if the plastic man isn't in it, I'm not going to see this. **** that ****.

Martian Manhunter IS the Justice League. While the other heroes have their **** to deal with solo, he watches the watchtower and is involved in so much behind the scenes ****. You need someone like that. Martian Manhunter is a ****ing must. He's as important as the big 5. Hell he has beat the Justice League before by himself.

We don't NEED Aquaman when you got Wonder Woman and Superman, you don't NEED Cyborg when you got Flash and Batman, you don't NEED Hawkgirl period. You NEED the Martian Manhunter.

It's so ****ing easy to include Martian Manhunter, it's ****ing lazy. He could simply be the one to bring the team together, tell them the threat, and fight the treat with them. Think of MM like Shield in Avengers. He is a one man SHIELD. The Martian has to be in it. Make the villain have a backstory in which him and MM have fought before.

It's so goddamn easy a child could do it.
I agree that it's easy, and im sure he'll have some kind of part in it. But it's not up to us. It's up to whatever story they want to tell, and you can't be thinking of pre-existing JL stories because that could be limiting what they may have in mind. If MM doesn't fit until a sequel, so be it. If they don't feel he's marketable to the general audience, then so be it.

I don't want him to be like Nick Fury. Justice League doesn't need a SHIELD and if people want to see the black guy (assuming they cast a black actor) gather each member or form a team of superheroes, they can watch Avengers. Why repeat whats been done before?

I'd like to see him used in his disguise in a very small role, like just 2 or 3 scenes until he reveals his true self at the end of the movie.

I don't think a JL movie NEEDS MM or Hawkgirl or Cyborg or Aquaman to survive. Sorry but that's how I feel. When it comes to a first film, yes..it doesn't HAVE to happen for it to work critically, commercially or even as a story.

levi relax. i think we all want j'onn in the film. i want both aquaman and hal in the first as well cause trying to plug them in later would be feel pretty forced.

We don't NEED Aquaman when you got Wonder Woman and Superman, you don't NEED Cyborg when you got Flash and Batman, you don't NEED Hawkgirl period. You NEED the Martian Manhunter.
By that logic, I can just as well say "YOU DONT NEED MM BECAUSE he's too powerful or he has a good amount of Supermans powers or we don't need a detective in disguise when we have Batman or we have an alien and his name is Superman."

By that logic, I can just as well say "YOU DONT NEED MM BECAUSE he's too powerful or he has a good amount of Supermans powers or we don't need a detective in disguise when we have Batman or we have an alien and his name is Superman."

I remember where someone said Bale's Bruce could be like Nick Fury in JL but I thought to myself I thought that was MM he was always up at WatchTower.

Last edited:
Martian Manhunter or Batman would be great in starting the League, but anything that comes off like Nick Fury is not very interesting to me now that we have Avengers in the can.

An older Bruce doing it, would feel better to me because at least it's not a black actor who's role (or disguise) is to work for a government and create a team all over again. Been there, done that.

They should all start the team.

Martian Manhunter or Batman would be great in starting the League, but anything that comes off like Nick Fury is not very interesting to me now that we have Avengers in the can.

An older Bruce doing it, would feel better to me because at least it's not a black actor who's role (or disguise) is to work for a government and create a team all over again. Been there, done that.

They should all start the team.

I think they should form the League in the bat cave.

Them bastards at Marvel are talking about using Quicksilver in Avengers 2. :argh:

My boy THE FLASH must be in there, and they better get a movie out about him ASAP. They can't let Marvel win with this one. :ikyn

Them bastards at Marvel are talking about using Quicksilver in Avengers 2. :argh:

My boy THE FLASH must be in there, and they better get a movie out about him ASAP. They can't let Marvel win with this one. :ikyn

Well said, good sir.

Read what I wrote in the news thread. I stick by that.

Regarding Flash and JL...[YT]?v=xAvbuzfIzbc[/YT]

Last edited:
The Green Lantern movie from 2011 really does throw a monkey wrench into the whole thing because you really have to wonder if WB has the guts to reboot it before Justice League. Personally I believe they can, I'm just not sure if they will. I think the Justice League only needs five members for the first movie, and then after that they can maybe start to establish the rest of the team and prep them for a sequel.

2013 - Man Of Steel
2015 - Wonder Woman
2016 - Man Of Steel 2, Flash
2017 - Batman Reboot, Green Lantern Reboot
2018 - Justice League

That's Supes, Bats, WW, GL, and Flash. Then after JL they try and launch Martian Manhunter and Aquaman, and hopefully add them to the group in JL2.

They'll never do a solo movie before JL. Guaranteed the new GL, Hal or John is brought into JL. There's no time and they're not going to risk that.

They'll never do a solo movie before JL. Guaranteed the new GL, Hal or John is brought into JL. There's no time and they're not going to risk that.

I think it's possible. Marvel did it with Hulk.

Granted Hulk is a much bigger brand than Green Lantern... but they still did it. And it's not like the world was clamoring for it either. If MOS is a hit and the public understands that things are headed for a JL movie, I think they would welcome another GL movie. I'm not saying it would be a super hit, but I think it would do good enough. Just pretend the last one never happened.

edit: Unless you replace GL with Aquaman or Martian Manhunter and prep GL for the JL sequel.

Green Lantern needs to be re-introduced in JL. It's the safest thing to do, or save him for the sequel.

As much as i'd want another GL movie before JL, I think it would be wiser to wait until after JL. A successful outing in JL will make people want to watch a solo movie more than having 2011 GL as the only previous outing.

The same way that I don't think having TIH before Avengers was smart (having to convince people to watch a Hulk movie, despite how miserable the previous Hulk movie was). I'm guessing if they held off TIH till after Avengers (a movie that was more likely to be more enjoyable), I think TIH would make a lot more money.

At the same time, I don't know how much a GL solo would add to JL's excitement, which will already be as high as it could be, with a Supes and a Bats we know meeting up for the first time.

Same thing with Hulk. GA's didn't need TIH to be introduced to Hulk, because the first HULK movie already existed, regardless if it's in the same continuity.
(I wonder if in hindsight, Marvel would not have made it. Black Widow nor Hawkeye had movies after all)

Last edited:
I think the first half of the film should essentially be "World's Finest" (assuming they use Bale) because they will be the two main heroes we know. Within the film itself, they can find and assemble the Justice League.

I definitely think that Bats and Supes should meet first at least.

Then the two can recruit the others together. (ala Oceans Eleven).

Yeah I agree with u Feed, don't think TIH was even necessary. It seems like a waste when you look back on it now.

I think WB should take a look at that as a guide. Let's say GL (2011) is pretty much where The Hulk was at in 2003. Ruffalo's solo film could have been fresh & out during this "Phase 2" of Marvel...instead the people are burnt out because they greenlit TIH, and now look at the franchise. Delays. And for now Hulk is exclusive to Avengers.

Well, WB/DC make HUGE mistakes but they also learn from them better than anybody.

GL with Reynolds is now history, like Bana's Hulk. So we skip the "unnecessary" a/k/a the spin-off between the failure & the grand team-up. And just jump straight into Ruffalo territory. New Hal Jordan/John Stewart in Justice League then launch his own movie if the actor gets a great response.

I'm sorry but I just don't see the reason to be first introducing characters in Justice League. That's not what what this is supposed to be. Justice League was a big deal because it was a dream team lineup of DC's most popular characters. Not Superman, Batman and a bunch of newcomers.

Avengers would have felt a lot less special and would have made a hell of a lot less money if it were the immediate followup to Iron Man. The reason it made the money it did was because the solo movies had spent years and years building to a climax. It also didn't have to waste any of it's time telling the origin stories of any of the characters. The only origin it had to tell was that of The Avengers.

I concede that another solo Green Lantern movie is a risk but I think it's one worth taking. Come 2017 or 2018 we will already have been 6 or 7 years removed from the Ryan Reynolds movie. And if it has the momentum of an already established - and hopefully successful - DC shared universe going into it... it has a much better chance of being better received than it normally would. It doesn't have to smash box office records. It merely needs to re-introduce the character and keep the momentum going into Justice League.

Yes Superman and Batman are the main draws but believe it or not there is more to Justice League than just the two of them. If they do manage to successfully get Wonder Woman, Flash and Green Lantern off the ground in their own solo movies, now you have five absolutely iconic superheroes ready to come together in the ultimate superhero team up movie. THAT'S what Justice League should be about.

Yeah I guess but it would look like WB is trying to emulate Marvel that way. They could try to do something different. I just don't understand what the plan seems to be.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"