• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

BvS Where would you like for Batman vs. Superman to lead us?

DChero

Out of Work Superhero
Reaction score
There have been rumors that the next installment in the DCMU could be a Justice League movie. My question is where would you like to see this go next? Would you like to see it lead into a wave of individual movies and sequels (Man of Steel 2, Batman 1, Wonder Woman 1, Flash 1, etc.). Would you prefer them lead into a Trinity movie (Superman, Batman and Wonder Woman) next? Would you want to see them jump right into a Justice League movie afterward?

Please note - This isn't meant to be a debate of whether a Justice League movie should ever happen, just what the next stage should be following this movie.

Just a possibility, but what if they couple heros into one movie ala batman/superman. So each hero gets their screen time and intro into the cinematic universe. Maybe 3-4 of these "v.s" movies that eventually lead to JL? feel likes its a slippery path regardless of the direction they choose.

Just a possibility, but what if they couple heros into one movie ala batman/superman. So each hero gets their screen time and intro into the cinematic universe. Maybe 3-4 of these "v.s" movies that eventually lead to JL? feel likes its a slippery path regardless of the direction they choose.
a wonder woman solo movie, flash vs green lantern, and leave cyborg or martian manhunter to the JL movie maybe cameo in those movies...

It wouldn't be my first choice, but I could see it working. Maybe Flash/Green Lantern and Wonder Woman/Aquaman?

What I'd like to see are individual movies for Flash, Wonder Woman, Batman and a Man of Steel sequel. I feel like WB should have the momentum to knock those out over the course of three years to build toward a Justice League movie. This way it gives the audience a chance to decompress from Batman vs. Superman and learn more about the individual heroes and build up to a potential $2 billion movie.

a wonder woman solo movie, flash vs green lantern, and leave cyborg or martian manhunter to the JL movie maybe cameo in those movies...

That's similar to my mindset. I think that the Flash can really hit with today's general audience.

Batman solo film would hate for Affleck to be just a joint team up film batman

WW and hopefully the Flash.

They should get Bird to direct The Flash, and Bigelow for WW.

But yeah, I think WW then a solo rebooted Batman movie, then a JL movie and spin a bunch of the solo films from that feature.
I feel like unless WB is pushed from their "Safety nest" they won't ever leave what works (which right now is Superman+Batman).

But they should definitely TEASE WW with maybe a post credits scene or something.

Bird would be awesome for Flash.

Where would I like for this to lead us? Honestly? Nowhere. I'm about ready to go back to the drawing board and start the DC universe from scratch.

Where would I like for this to lead us? Honestly? Nowhere. I'm about ready to go back to the drawing board and start the DC universe from scratch.

Out of curiosity, if you don't enjoy these movies and don't have any optimism for the future, why go to this section of the message boards? It seems like all that you're going to do is upset yourself even more.

If we get a strong origin story from Wonder Woman in a Trinity movie, I'm fine with it. My worry is that WB half-asses the character because they don't have as much faith.

solo films that lead up to JL.

Trinity, while i think DC is just going to go right to Justice League for me the perfect would be for Wonder Woman film in 2016, followed by Trinity in 2017. If DC wants to connect the movie and TV properties then The Flash doesn't need a film, but if they intend to not do so then i recomend one between Trinity and Justice League.

solo films that lead up to JL.
That's my preference. My biggest reason is because it allows WB to promote the villains as much as the heroes.
Trinity, while i think DC is just going to go right to Justice League for me the perfect would be for Wonder Woman film in 2016, followed by Trinity in 2017. If DC wants to connect the movie and TV properties then The Flash doesn't need a film, but if they intend to not do so then i recomend one between Trinity and Justice League.
I wouldn't mind them using television properties to help build it up. I'm a big fan of "Arrow."

The decision is ultimately up to Warner Brothers and not DC. WB owns the movie rights to the DCU.

Trinity. Wouldn't mind them using this film as an intro to WW (the plot could be specific to WW) since it's unlikely we're getting a WW solo upfront.

Then into JL.

The one thing that I would really like to see before this universe comes to a close is a Wonder Woman vs. Aquaman movie. Some of the people at the Justice League boards have seen me suggest this before. What I essentially want is Ares to antagonize a war between Themoscyra and Atlantis. It needs to happen, heh.

i hope the rumors of an incognito wondy ring true, that way trinity or a ww solo have some steam behind it. i hope that wonder woman's film is set in the past. kind of like a mash up of thor and captain america.

I'd also like it if abin sur made in appearance, just to show that the lanterns exist.

i hope the flash gets his solo before jl. that way you can work hal's origin into jl, using the threat that abin sur encountered as the villain (perhaps with sur encountering MM along the way)

the way the DCCU would take place chronologically would be

WW (Though obviously released after MoS, BvS)

MoS

Batman/superman:VERSUS (I'm trying to make that happen don't crush my dream)

The Flash

TRINITY

JL

MoS 2

with batman, flash, ww, gl, supes, all getting tentpoles to go with the recurring jl films to go with those.

Unfortunately this is pretty much my sentiment too now. However, I hope this film is good and that's it. But I expect we're gonna get a Justice League film too, to compete with Disney.

I feel like Trinity is the most probable of all the choices.

Thisthishtishtishtishishtihsthisthstthisithit

I feel like if they went straight into a Trinity movie, then it would remove from the specialness of a JL movie, it would just feel like a sequel instead of more of an event. Putting GL and Flash together would work pretty well, we don't really need to go over GL's origins again (a la The Incredible Hulk I guess)

I would prefer that BvsS leads into a Justice League movie and then the JL movie expands into solo films

I had this idea a while back. http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=463757

I think it's a good and unique way of establishing their shared cinematic universe.

What do you think about them changing the origins a la Nolan/Batman so the characters can be more connected? For instance, GL and Flash knowing each other growing up before getting their powers, even connecting them to whatever villain they would use.

Last edited:
The one thing that I would really like to see before this universe comes to a close is a Wonder Woman vs. Aquaman movie. Some of the people at the Justice League boards have seen me suggest this before. What I essentially want is Ares to antagonize a war between Themoscyra and Atlantis. It needs to happen, heh.
Yeah but you have to justify the presence of Supes and Batman to not be there..

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
picamon
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"