BvS How Would People Feel About a Zack Snyder Batman Movie?

JDklip

Civilian
Reaction score
The title says it all, but given that we know Snyder is in charge of putting the DC Cinematic universe together this question just struck me.

For you Batman fans - and by that I mean those people for whom Batman is their favorite superhero above all others. How would you feel if tomorrow WB announced that after Justice League they would be doing another solo Batman movie with Zack Snyder at the helm?

No thank you.

I want a Ben Affleck directed Batman movie. Zack can't direct everything people.

No thank you.

I want a Ben Affleck directed Batman movie. Zack can't direct everything people.

I don't mean Zack directing everything. I'm just trying to get a sense from Batman fans, after having seen the films he's made thus far, how they would feel if Zack was put in charge of the Batman universe for the next iteration of films (which I guess he kind of is, but I mean in a more solo-film kind of way).

Better than I would about a Zack Snyder Superman movie. I know he at least likes Batman.

But it looks like we'll be getting that no matter what so we don't have much of a choice in the matter, lol. :o

His Batman already looks more like Batman than his Superman looked like Superman, so I'm sure he'd be great. Hell, bring it on. He's probably better suited to him than any other character.

Hell, I'll go a step further and say Zack can direct all the Batman movies he wants as long as he stays away from the other characters. :D

Last edited:
Better than I would about a Zack Snyder Superman movie. I know he at least likes Batman.

But it looks like we'll be getting that no matter what so we don't have much of a choice in the matter, lol. :o

Speaking as a Superman fan first, you took the words right out of my mouth. I wonder why it's so hard to find a talented director who is as passionate about Superman as fans are. Like the way Sam Raimi was passionate about Spider-Man. I know passion doesn't always equal quality movies, but I'd love to see what that could put out.

Yeah nothing against zack, but id be a lot more interested with Affleck directing his own batman movies.

Maybe snyder could be a producer or something.

Speaking as a Superman fan first, you took the words right out of my mouth. I wonder why it's so hard to find a talented director who is as passionate about Superman as fans are. Like the way Sam Raimi was passionate about Spider-Man. I know passion doesn't always equal quality movies, but I'd love to see what that could put out.

Exactly. I'm really astounded at this. If I had a shot at doing a superhero flick as a director I'd do Superman and Flash. Then GL further down the line. Batman is fine for now....I mean I'd do Batman eventually maybe but his house is in order. Superman needs help.

If I ever become a director and I hope to one day this will be my mission. :) :)

You could tell Donner liked the character at least a little. That's all I'll say.

You could tell Donner liked the character at least a little. That's all I'll say.

Yep, I agree with that. And you could tell Singer really loved Donner's take on the character (maybe not so much a fan of the character itself).

I'd be OK with it but I'd like to see Ben Affleck get the gig.

Snyder only did Superman cuz Nolan talked him into it. He told him pretend like you're making a Batman movie "this can be your Dark Knight, Zack!". I could tell from interviews before MOS that Snyder didn't much care for Superman.

The idea doesn't horrify me, but I would have a better answer for this question after seeing how Zack handles batman in BvS.

Yep, I agree with that. And you could tell Singer really loved Donner's take on the character (maybe not so much a fan of the character itself).

I honestly think if Singer were a comic reader and a fan of the comics he'd have done a great job with Superman. Just judging by what he did with SR. It's just a shame that that's where most if not all of his Superman knowledge stemmed from. But yeah, at least you could tell he had some genuine affinity for the character at least in movie form.

And I know the cool thing is to bash SR but I didn't mind most of it, I just hated the kid idea, not seeing him punch something, and the continued Jesus references. I liked the movie for the most part when I saw it the first time, but less with each subsequent viewing. MOS, although I still don't love by any means, I have kind of the opposite feelings for.

Snyder only did Superman cuz Nolan talked him into it. He told him pretend like you're making a Batman movie "this can be your Dark Knight, Zack!". I could tell from interviews before MOS that Snyder didn't much care for Superman.

I'll be honest, I don't even think Nolan had to do that much convincing. Snyder just came off Sucker Punch, and neither Ga'hoole nor Watchmen did well for the studio. I think Superman was the sure thing he needed at the time to, I don't want to say keep his career going, but to keep himself viable.

The idea doesn't horrify me, but I would have a better answer for this question after seeing how Zack handles batman in BvS.

But do you think Snyder's clearer understanding for darker heroes, not to mention his professed love of Batman, will lead him to do Batman well in BvS?

I'll be honest, I don't even think Nolan had to do that much convincing. Snyder just came off Sucker Punch, and neither Ga'hoole nor Watchmen did well for the studio. I think Superman was the sure thing he needed at the time to, I don't want to say keep his career going, but to keep himself viable.

I could absolutely see that too.

No thank you.

Yeah, I think Zack would do okay with a Batman film but I remember watching the town and thinking that Affleck would be the perfect director to take over the Batman franchise after Nolan hangs it up.

But do you think Snyder's clearer understanding for darker heroes, not to mention his professed love of Batman, will lead him to do Batman well in BvS?

Yes, I think so.

He and his design team did well with the suit and reveal pic, so I'm hopeful about a Snyder batman. I think batman is a similar character to Snyder's Rorschach and he was done well in Watchmen.

I feel like the most important thing in a CBM isn't the cast or writers but the director. Does the director love the source and respect it and know how to bring it to life?

I loved DOFP but I do have some doubts on Singer. It's funny how DOFP is a X-Men film while not being a X-Men. I'm willing to give him a shot with Apocalypse.

Nolan loved Batman and was a fun. Hell he did some nods to the 66 series.

Raimi loved Spidey. We know this.

Burton didn't love Batman but he understood Batman's world and how to bring it to life.

Story understood the character interactions between the Fantastic Four. That's probably it.

Whedon loved the Avengers and understood how to make them work.

Jon understood Iron Man and how to bring it to life.

Mangold understood Wolverine and the first 2/3rds of that film was great. Third act is a bit meh.

I like Snyder but I feel like he would be better with Wonder Woman or Aquaman. He's too much of a fantasy director to be Batman you know? Ben has been doing grounded stuff. The Town is proof alone Ben could do a badass Batman film. Plus Ben is a Batman fan.

Last edited:

Do you even bother to make factual statements (or at the very least, back up your claim), or are you just adept at baiting people into arguments?

Last edited:

Where did that come from? The impression I got was Zack jumped at the chance of directing a Superman movie.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"