BvS How Would People Feel About a Zack Snyder Batman Movie?

What about an Alex Proyas(Dark City, The Crow) Batman movie, like Roger Ebert wanted?

You know who I would want to direct Batman or Wonder Woman?

Del Toro.

I would want Hellboy 3 and Justice League Dark first. JL: Dark would get me more excited than SvB because del Toro is a better director and storyteller than Snyder and a bigger fan. Del Toro has said how he's a big Swamp Thing fan.

You know who I would want to direct Batman or Wonder Woman?

Del Toro.

I would want Hellboy 3 and Justice League Dark first. JL: Dark would get me more excited than SvB because del Toro is a better director and storyteller than Snyder and a bigger fan. Del Toro has said how he's a big Swamp Thing fan.

Gimme, gimme, gimme! :woot:

Snyder only did Superman cuz Nolan talked him into it. He told him pretend like you're making a Batman movie "this can be your Dark Knight, Zack!". I could tell from interviews before MOS that Snyder didn't much care for Superman.

You've got a source for this? Because I read most of the interviews and not once did I read anywhere that Nolan told Snyder to pretend he was making a Batman film. The part that Nolan convinced him was true. Snyder had a respect for Superman but wasn't sure how Superman would work in the a modern day context until he read the story Nolan and Goyer wrote.

Last edited:
I don't think he's earned it. You don't get to pick up a solo Bat film after Chris Nolan turned it into a two billion dollar trilogy with a major oscar under it's belt, not if you are Zack Snyder.

Ben Affleck on the other hand...

As a Superman fan for almost 50 years I loved MOS and would love to see a Snyder directed take on Batman.

I don't think he's earned it. You don't get to pick up a solo Bat film after Chris Nolan turned it into a two billion dollar trilogy with a major oscar under it's belt, not if you are Zack Snyder.

Ben Affleck on the other hand...

No thanks.

Affleck is bigger than a DC film. Hell he's bigger than all CBMs. Hell he's bigger than Nolan. He got 2 Oscars. Not his films won 2 Oscars like an Oscar in sound. No he's won 2 Oscars himself in writing and directing. Tell me one person more suitable to direct Batman?

The oscar argument doesn't tell you much. All it tells you is that Affleck was worthy in a particular work. It's not a reliable indicator of future performance (especially given that Affleck is just as capable of a dud as any other directors).

Snyder only did Superman cuz Nolan talked him into it. He told him pretend like you're making a Batman movie "this can be your Dark Knight, Zack!". I could tell from interviews before MOS that Snyder didn't much care for Superman.
If he didn't care then why did he cite his disappointment that Thor is getting movies over Superman? Did you even watch the SDCC panel?
Do you even bother to make factual statements (or at the very least, back up your claim), or are you just adept at baiting people into arguments?
This. Kevin Smith should calm down and check himself before he wrecks himself.

You've got a source for this? Because I read most of the interviews and not once did I read anywhere that Nolan told Snyder to pretend he was making a Batman film. The part that Nolan convinced him was true. Snyder had a respect for Superman because wasn't sure how Superman would work in the a modern day context until he read the story Nolan and Goyer wrote.

He is his own source. Oh lawd.

Just rage mode. :BA

No thanks.

Elaborate exactly how would Snyder be a better choice than Affleck?

Affleck is bigger than a DC film. Hell he's bigger than all CBMs. Hell he's bigger than Nolan. He got 2 Oscars. Not his films won 2 Oscars like an Oscar in sound. No he's won 2 Oscars himself in writing and directing. Tell me one person more suitable to direct Batman?

I wouldn't go that far, Ang Lee is a two time oscar winner (for best director) and look what happened when he tried to direct a cbm. Affleck hasn't really tackled a film on the scale of Batman before. Not saying he isn't appropriate for it (hell, he's more appropriate than most, certainly more than Snyder) but don't act like him winning an Oscar means anything when it comes to directing a Batman movie.

I don't find Thor interesting at all but that's just me.

Writers get too caught up in how OP Superman is. The thing about Superman is he is one of us. He thinks of himself as human. He was raised by humans, taught by humans, are with humans, played with humans, worked with humans. He thinks of himself as one of us. Hell think of when you see a movie and think how awesome it is. Superman would think like that maybe. He would be as sad over if his dog died as if you lost your dog. He laughs at jokes like how we laugh.

It's not hard when you get in the mindset.

I've never gotten the impression that Snyder doesn't care for Superman at all, especially in his interviews. And quite honestly, when he speaks about the character, he comes across as more knowledgeable and sensible than a good chunk of fanboys.

I'm a huge fan of Zack Snyder,

But I don't want the DCCU to be like the MCU, where every movie feels the same. I think it would be better if a range of directors and writers were hired to build the DC universe, so that parts of it feel distinct from one another.

I've never gotten the impression that Snyder doesn't care for Superman at all, especially in his interviews. And quite honestly, when he speaks about the character, he comes across as more knowledgeable and sensible than a good chunk of fanboys.

You can care for the character all you want, doesn't mean much if you aren't good at what you do.

I'm a huge fan of Zack Snyder,

But I don't want the DCCU to be like the MCU, where every movie feels the same. I think it would be better if a range of directors and writers were hired to build the DC universe, so that parts of it feel distinct from one another.

Totally agree there.

You can care for the character all you want, doesn't mean much if you aren't good at what you do.

Can't speak for anyone else but myself, but I liked Man of Steel and think he's good at what he does. Definitely room for improvement but I liked it nonetheless.

If he isn't good as you think then he wouldn't keep getting gigs. Surely Execs and Studios would realize this dude's a hack.

If he isn't good as you think then he wouldn't keep getting gigs. Surely Execs and Studios would realize this dude's a hack.

Not saying he's bad at all, just that you can't determine how appropriate a director is for a certain property based on how much of a fan he is.

Oh and if what you say is true, then hollywood wouldn't be filled with any hacks at all, truth is; plenty of people like to watch crap, and there are plenty of people who make it.

Not saying he's bad at all, just that you can't determine how appropriate a director is for a certain property based on how much of a fan he is.

Oh and if what you say is true, then hollywood wouldn't be filled with any hacks at all, truth is; plenty of people like to watch crap, and there are plenty of people who make it.

Yeah I agree they're given a chance to prove themselves but a string of bad films and studios will realize that this guy won't cut it anymore and they won't be chosen for big productions after that.

Yeah I agree they're given a chance to prove themselves but a string of bad films and studios will realize that this guy won't cut it anymore and they won't be chosen for big productions after that.

No I think they mostly care about how much money the film makes. Michael Bay comes to mind.

OH SNAP!!! :woot:

/waits for rebuttal by Kevin Smith, enlightening us all on how much more he knows about Superman than Snyder and how much more AWESOME Man of Steel would have been had he directed it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohkeelay
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"