BvS new Zack Snyder quote implies WB forced Batman/Superman movie instead of MOS2???

Sabaoth

Master
Reaction score
I'd like to bring more attention to this new quote from an unnamed source from the superman homepage claiming Snyder said the following,

A Superman Homepage source managed to speak to Zack Snyder yesterday, and put to him the concerns of some Superman fans, with Snyder remarking, "It's too early for me to discuss the film. However, regardless of how I feel about Superman, ultimately I have to go along with the direction that Warner Bros. thinks is best".

If this is true, then WOW!

I can't understand why he would say something like this.
It makes me feel really uncomfortable about the whole this.

This makes me worry that WB just seems to wants fast cash out of Superman and Batman... Zack almost seems like he cannot make this movie the way he wants but only the way WB see best fit their need... This could be very bad and the downfall of DC movie if they don't get this right with Superman and Batman... They can kiss their JL movie goodbye if they make this movie strictly a vs movie and not about Superman becoming the hero we all know with Batman as a side character who helps test that and their differences will lead them to their first encounter but eventually leads to them teaming up to defeat the villain.

If that quote is legit, I for once agree with WB over the filmmaker. Because I wasn't excited about a solo film that just had Superman and a new Lex Luthor with possibly Metallo or something created by Lex. It felt boring to me and not a way to top MOS.

Everything Zack wanted to do with a sequel will be present here anyway just adding the goddamn Batman. I love it. We'll get another Superman movie at the end of the decade or even after this one, but it will be better off because they can tap into Brainiac, do something new.

Him and Goyer also may have wanted a young Batman to enter the picture to match Cavill equally (which may still happen) but WB could have said "NOPE! Forget what you said, we want an older established actor, make it work guys". In that case, im down for both ideas, BUT, I actually like the idea of an older Wayne anyhow.

So once again, I cant believe im saying this, but Im siding with WB on this "forced" decision.

I admit......that quote dampened my enthusiasm.........:(

That makes me feel much better about this now. Since Snyder seems to have wanted the direct sequel that many of us did, he'll probably still push for it to feel that way instead of "Warner Bros Superman vs Batman." I feel like he won't just snub Superman in favor of Batman.

...regardless of how I feel about Superman, ultimately I have to go along with the direction that Warner Bros. thinks is best".

Basically he's already washed his hands of the film's quality and gives himself a scapegoat for its reception. From a self preservation standpoint it makes sense but that doesn't make it ok.

There were actually people who thought that this wasn't Warners idea?!! :lmao:

I don't think he is washing his hands of the film, I think he is telling the truth. Surprisingly people didn't already know that.

This makes me wonder if WB has confidence in a Superman film franchise for the 21st Century.

Is this quote even real? And im not sure he's saying it properly because he seemed excited as hell when he presented it at comic con. He's always wanted to do a movie like this anyway.

Is this quote even real? And im not sure he's saying it properly because he seemed excited as hell when he presented it at comic con. He's always wanted to do a movie like this anyway.

You know maybe its not actually

At least Warner Bros. is moving forward. A sequel with solo Superman would show their hesitance to do any sort of crossover.

It comes from a Superman fan site right?? Then I don't believe it.

I wish people would stop pretending that there's some magical world where integrity and creative impulse drives Hollywood's financial decisions.

Of course Snyder has to defer to the people who are shelling out hundreds of millions of dollars for the movie itself to be made, and who makes the decisions about such things to begin with. A director tends to be in the employment of the studio.

Putting Batman in a Superman doesn't say ANYTHING inherent about WB's "confidence" in either character, or a solo franchise, or any of that. It shows their desire to create a cohesive DC Universe on film in some fashion.

I wish people would stop pretending that there's some magical world where integrity and creative impulse drives Hollywood's financial decisions.

Of course Snyder has to defer to the people who are shelling out hundreds of millions of dollars for the movie itself to be made, and who makes the decisions about such things to begin with. A director tends to be in the employment of the studio.

Putting Batman in a Superman doesn't say ANYTHING inherent about WB's "confidence" in either character, or a solo franchise, or any of that. It shows their desire to create a cohesive DC Universe on film in some fashion.
I mostly agree with you. All of these movies are product to a large degree. My sister constantly says that and I chuckle because she is right, these big films are product.

I do see how the less than stellar reaction to MOS maybe sped up the Batman/Superman movie but it was always going to happen.

At least Warner Bros. is moving forward. A sequel with solo Superman would show their hesitance to do any sort of crossover.

I don't see he it would show hesitance just cause they'd wait. Personally if they were the concerned they could have just done a post credits scene or a cameo.

i think that was a given. that's what a lot of people thought.

It comes from a Superman fan site right?? Then I don't believe it.

Superman Homepage is alot more than a simple fan site. It's the number 1 source for Superman on the net and its even the site Henry Cavill frequented when researching for the role.

I think it would be a bad idea to give Batman just a cameo. Why make us wait? If this is what Warner Bros. wants, then just do it now.

There were actually people who thought that this wasn't Warners idea?!! :lmao:

I don't think he is washing his hands of the film, I think he is telling the truth. Surprisingly people didn't already know that.

Yeah, I do too. I feel like this quote is Zack's plea for help. Heck, MOS has quite a bit of a backlash, and it's one of DC's BETTER superhero movies recently.

Imagine what the fans would do if he cranked out a studio-mandated, poorly made Superman/Batman movie?

I think it would be a bad idea to give Batman just a cameo. Why make us wait? If this is what Warner Bros. wants, then just do it now.

That wasn't my point, my point was if they wanted to show a cohesive universe there are other ways. Why wait? Because Superman deserved to have more development in a solo sequel.

I think Snyder truly wanted to go forward with a MOS sequel first. I think he wanted to do a MOS trilogy in the way Nolan got to do his Batman trilogy.

I think Snyder truly wanted to go forward with a MOS sequel first. I think he wanted to do a MOS trilogy in the way Nolan got to do his Batman trilogy.

Yeah I agree, tbh though two films would have done me. I think most if us Superman fans wanted a sequel with an established Superman, all the DP stuff etc one that wasn't tied to the origin.

Superman Homepage is alot more than a simple fan site. It's the number 1 source for Superman on the net and its even the site Henry Cavill frequented when researching for the role.

[Useless fact]And it was the first ever website I made an account for.:awesome: [/Useless fact]

I can definitely confirm it's a reliable site. Been a member since 2010.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"