BvS Batman-Superman Movie in 2015

I wanna see the Magnificent BATCAVE with cool tech and holographic screens with costume gallery :woot:

Is it fair that Superman now has a "Superman-Batman crossover" boards and this section doesn't? True, we do not know the extent of Batman's role in that film, it may very well be limited, but none of us know for sure. This place should have a crossover board too for good measure. Or make the crossover board a separate section altogether like the JL section.

I agree the crossover board should not be in the Superman forums, it should be its own thing. Once the title is announced, I say the mods should open up a new section with the title

Given the poor reception of Vs. films in recent years (Freddy vs. Jason, AVP, AVP:R) I think it would be a mistake to title the film Superman vs. Batman. Warner Bros. have proven that audiences will flock to see a Superman or Batman movie that doesn't even have their names in the title, so I would much prefer World's Finest (the title can even be explained as a closing headline in the Daily Planet, though preferably without a picture of Batman), though it looks as though that may not happen (unfortunately).

In terms of them actually fighting....yeah, I'd like to see something like in Byrne's Man of Steel, with Batman out-witting and out-classing Superman both intellectually and physically in their first confrontation. That comic didn't show them trading blows, rather that Batman was an engima that Superman couldn't understand and had taken steps to ensure that Superman could not harm him. Halfway through the film, they should be grudgingly team up, but Luthor should cause Superman to go haywire (mind control/Kryptonite/other) to lend credance to his "Anti-Superman" rally he'll no dobt have in the film, causing Superman to attack Batman and forcing Batman to reason with him and find a means to restore Superman's control. By the end, they should part amicably, but by no means be Silver Age buddy-buddies, that way their mutual respect can be developed further in Justice League.

Basically, I feel they shouldn't fight in the traditional sense, nor do I feel stating that quote from The Dark Knight Returns is "informing" the film is that great an idea, as the Batman in that was a grizzled, worn-down, bitter old man whose desire to beat Superman had festered over many years. In my mind, it makes no sense for Batman to want to prove he is the better man over Superman in their first meeting in a physical fight - that seems too stupid a move for Batman. Rather, let him use his skill and intellect to prove himself, and then later to save himself from a berserker-Superman attack.

tumblr_lzqc68pz3j1rn95k2o1_400.gif

I Am Legend just starting on RTE1 (Irish TV). Looking forward to the Times Square poster!

The reason the crossover board is in the Superman section is because it's a sequel to Man of Steel.

I like Tyler Hoechlin for Batman. I think he could do it, right height and age and looks the part. I'd be okay with him. :up:

Hey guys just saw this on twitter! Apparently Robin will be in this film. Here is his apparent photo...

It;s just a rumour! Also anyone know who that is?

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA pause to catch breath HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm actually down with Robin being in World's Finest. The first time Batman met Superman, Robin was there too.

Given the poor reception of Vs. films in recent years (Freddy vs. Jason, AVP, AVP:R) I think it would be a mistake to title the film Superman vs. Batman. Warner Bros. have proven that audiences will flock to see a Superman or Batman movie that doesn't even have their names in the title, so I would much prefer World's Finest (the title can even be explained as a closing headline in the Daily Planet, though preferably without a picture of Batman), though it looks as though that may not happen (unfortunately).

In terms of them actually fighting....yeah, I'd like to see something like in Byrne's Man of Steel, with Batman out-witting and out-classing Superman both intellectually and physically in their first confrontation. That comic didn't show them trading blows, rather that Batman was an engima that Superman couldn't understand and had taken steps to ensure that Superman could not harm him. Halfway through the film, they should be grudgingly team up, but Luthor should cause Superman to go haywire (mind control/Kryptonite/other) to lend credance to his "Anti-Superman" rally he'll no dobt have in the film, causing Superman to attack Batman and forcing Batman to reason with him and find a means to restore Superman's control. By the end, they should part amicably, but by no means be Silver Age buddy-buddies, that way their mutual respect can be developed further in Justice League.

Basically, I feel they shouldn't fight in the traditional sense, nor do I feel stating that quote from The Dark Knight Returns is "informing" the film is that great an idea, as the Batman in that was a grizzled, worn-down, bitter old man whose desire to beat Superman had festered over many years. In my mind, it makes no sense for Batman to want to prove he is the better man over Superman in their first meeting in a physical fight - that seems too stupid a move for Batman. Rather, let him use his skill and intellect to prove himself, and then later to save himself from a berserker-Superman attack.

I like that but how much screen time would be devoted to that? If we're going to get Lex Luthor as the villain could we balance all of that in a 2 and a half hour movie?

I also feel like it favors Batman fans more and Superman fans would be a little outraged about it lol. I don't care as I'm a Batman fan more though :woot:

seeing Batman being able to believably go toe to toe with Supes will elevate him to such a high badass status.

(via strategy/positioning, gadgets, and ridiculous amount of pre-planning showcasing a plan A, a plan B, a plan C, etc, and of course kryptonite)

Of course I still want Supes to beat Bats at the end (or in a second scenario). I want Bats to remember the moment where Supes could have zapped his brains out, but didn't.

Last edited:
He might not hold a candle to Nolan, but if there's one thing Snyder can do, its glorious action. I have no doubt that everyone will be wowed by the Batman vs Superman battle that is sure to happen somewhere in the film.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kimcity
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"