Justice League Favorite Moment in the Zack Snyder Trilogy

kguillou

Avenger
Reaction score
Figured I'd start a new thread since this forum is still alive and kicking and we're all awaiting (hopefully) the release of the Justice League Snyder Cut. This is meant to be a sort of nostalgic retrospective on this unique, polarizing and in my opinion spectacularly bold series of films. Whether one loves or loathes what Zack did, the movies left a last mark in the history of CBM films.

So what's your favorite moment from these movies or rather the moment you became a fan of this direction that Zack decided to take these characters?

Anf if your fav moment came from Justice League, dont worry, that counts too. ;)

"I'll make you a promise... Martha won't die tonight."

05cecddaec25f2d2c420f072ca1468ff_L.jpg

Chills. Every. Time.

The funeral/ flashback to the Wayne's murder scene in BvS. Love Beautiful Lie and the King Arthur/ Excalibur symbolism. Great cinematography too.

There are a lot of different moments for me, but I remember the first one was the flight scene (incl narration from Jor-El).

Definitely the first flight scene.

So many moments.

One unique moment was after all the hype, when I first sat down to watch BvS, being nervous, excited, hyped, afraid at the same time.

And then the autumn leaves started falling over logos, and I knew I was in for something unique, and the wait was worth it. Then I cried like a goddamn kid after the beautiful lie sequence, and sobbed so much when the bats brought up Bruce, and he said "its a beautiful lie". I'll never forget that.

The very first scene of BVS really is special and deeply affecting.

I'm still deciding mine but one moment that I absolutely LOVE is in Man of Steel when Superman is with Lois and the army and they are mapping out their gameplan to take down Zod and the world engine. The way Cavill carries himself in that scene, his stature, his voice, the way its filmed, the epic Zimmer music drumming up in the background and the icing on the cake is his little exchange with Lois:

Lois: If that thing is from Krypton. Wont that mean that you'll be weaker around it?

Superman: Maybe. But I'm not about to let that stop me from trying.

And then...

Superman: You may wanna step back a little....maybe a just a little more.

And the giddy smile that Amy Adams gives him back I think says it all. This guy is SUPERMAN.

Last edited:
I may not be able to include everything in one post (Jim, you don't have too).

So much to consider and love.

Easier to do it film by film I think....

Man of Steel

* Chemistry between Lois and Clark - They are waiting to go on Zod's ship, and they tenderly show how much they care for each other.

* Can't I pretend I'm still your son / You are my son dialogue exchange

* Martha visits Clark in school and talks him down from his insecurity (highly personably relatable)

* The end sequence in the back garden (highly personably relatable)

* Smallville Fight sequence - brilliantly shot, edited and presented

* The 'taken into questioning' scene - 'On my planet....'etc.

* 'You can save her Kal, You can save all of them'

* The grief shown by Superman at having been forced into a corner and Lois comforts him, that pain & sorrow in that Yell.

Will do BvS and JL in separate posts.

Last edited:
Way too many to choose from so I’ve just picked out some random ones and I’ve given them brief names so you’ll know what I mean. I love way more than just these though:

Man of Steel

- “You are my son”
- First Flight
- “You can save her Kal you can save all of them”
- The Battle of Smallville
- Superman destroys the world engine
- “Glad to be here Lois”

Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

- Enter the Bat - when we first meet Batman in costume and he’s in the corner like a bat :hmr:
- Superman Lex Rooftop
- The Batman Martha Rescue
- Superman saves Lex from Doomsday
- “Is she with you?”

Justice League

- Superman side eyes the Flash
- Superman shirt rip :hmr:
- “Shouldn’t we have a league of our own?!”

Last edited:
Batman v Superman - Taken from the Ultimate Cut

* The opening - funeral and the rise of Bruce from the fall / Parent's death to the music, just beautifully shot and envisaged.

* The introduction to Batman - shot like a horror film, gets the point of fearing him over so well.

* 'You are my World' - the whole death sequence and score, I personally felt every moment of Superman's death and was in bits watching it at cinema.

* Martha scene reveal and it's subsequent play out - saving Martha / warehouse

* Superman saving people montage

* WW's intro into the Doomsday fight

* The reaction & funeral burial sequences

* Lex v Superman rooftop dialogue exchange

* Knightmare scene and the JL reveal - pure geekgasm

* Batman confronts Lex - I remember in pre-production and during the shoot, Roven (producer) was saying 'wait, you'll see the Lex you are used to seeing, by the end of the film', and I think we see that in (and I appreciate, having a shaved head helps, but we can see Lex forming and reacting as moving to be the older Lex we thought we'd originally be seeing IMO) personally, I really liked Eisenberg's entire performance and it made sense for this interpretation. The scene works because of the lighting, it's just beautifully presented and the dialogue and of course we see Batman's self 'correcting' attitude to the branding, and how Superman has brought him back to his old ways.

Last edited:
Justice League

Ok, this one has fewer for obvious reasons - which there are no need to go into.

* The opening 'Everybody Knows' sequence - very Watchmen feel and gives a view on how the lack of Superman's values and place has brought about where 'we' are at.

* The end shirt rip - My feelings of joy at seeing a Cavill shirt rip where barely contained at the cinema, as soon as I saw him head into the alley, it was like 'oh god, they're going to do it aren't they'.

* The history lesson battle and seeing the GL included.

* Barry visiting Henry in prison

* JL v Superman and Lois being the one to bring Clark back

* Superman fighting alongside the league at the end.

Last edited:
I'll admit it: the Martha moment. From Batman's angry response, to, and especially, Lois running in screaming (you can hear some inaudible scream before she visually shows up on screen just before she mentions it's his mother's name-- for some reason that gets me), putting herself in front of Clark and repeating it's his mother's name, creating this whole paradigm shift for Batman, Ben's influx of thoughts and emotions that he had to process, then followed up by making his promise to Clark ("What are promises worth"), "Martha won't die tonight." But the part that Lois runs in and says, "It's his mother, it's his mother's name," that scene gets me every time.

Last edited:
Oh, and the opening prologue to BvS. The best death of the Waynes version imo. The music and imagery were so haunting that it set the stage for my complete understanding of this Bruce's psychology.

Sorry, another one: in MOS when young Clark's sensory powers start to go haywire and we see from his perspective just how different he is to everyone else, then his mom showing up and helping anchor him. That gets me emotional and further shows what it was like for Clark to grow up the way he did.

Wow. This is really difficult!

MOS:
- "Goodbye my son"
- First flight
- "You think you can threaten my mother?"
- Smallville fight
- Superman destroys the World Engine.
- Superman vs Zod

BVS:
- The entire opening sequence: From the Waynes' deaths being re-done so beautifully to the intense "Mankind is introduced to the Superman" part. It set the tone perfectly.

- Batman's introduction, like a horror film. It was perfect.

- "Day of the Dead" montage

- Luthor vs Superman on the rooftop

- Batman vs Superman: "Well, here I am" :hmr:. This includes the Martha scene too.

- Wonder Woman's entrance

- The Trinity vs Doomsday which results in Superman's death

- Superman's funeral sequence: First time I watched it, I was thinking Amazing Grace would be perfect for it, and Zack read my mind. With bagpipes too!

JL:
- Opening montage "Everybody Knows"
- Amazonians vs Steppenwolf
- The League discusses resurrecting Superman
- The League vs Superman
- The shirt rip

I always thought the Smallville fight in MoS is one of the most underrated sequences/fights in any CBM and I think it gets better each time I watch it. Always loved this moment:

giphy.gif

No matter what, it doesn't get more epic than this. The first time I saw Superman rip open the Batmobile doors, toss them aside as they clang off the concrete and have Supes/Bats stand face to face made me piss my red underwear. What a KILLER shot:

14.gif

I always thought the Smallville fight in MoS is one of the most underrated sequences/fights in any CBM and I think it gets better each time I watch it. Always loved this moment:

giphy.gif

Something I didn't notice until my third or fourth viewing: when Superman is fighting Non, I mean, Nam-Ek, you can see the hail of fire bouncing off of them. They're being shot at and they don't even pay it any attention. The shockwaves of their punches was also cool.

3:00
[YT]xqlaXylsMwQ?t=179[/YT]

Last edited:
[YT]meVnJzHDziU[/YT]

Kal-El's first flight. Which is, consequently, my favorite moment of the entire DCEU so far. Because of technological advancements and such, we can actually see Superman move in live-action as you'd expect from the man who is faster than a speeding bullet. But it's more than just a display of power and speed.

It's a real trial and error moment for Clark. We see him literally crash on the first attempt, the excitement and joy on his face when he takes flight, the seriousness of his responsibility as he hears Jor-El's words, and the acceptance as he takes to the skies. That and it's helped by Hans Zimmer's incredible score. It's one of the moments for my money that we see Superman in full force in live-action and reminds me a lot of when he lets loose in Justice League Unlimited when he gives Darkseid the most powerful punch ever:

[YT]MUu4ArJyZcs[/YT]

All in MoS.
First flight,
The moments leading up to the fight in smallville with superman walking down the street like a old west hero, warning the citizens to get off the streets.
The scene where superman lifts the train engine off of himself in the destroyed sears building. That shot of him walking out of the debris with the soldiers lowering their weapons screamed superman to me.

Last edited:
It's the infamous "Martha" scene for me, favourite of all three films.
Superman having almost lost faith in humanity, beaten and broken, about to killed in the gutter.
Batman having completely lost his way, consumed by fear and anger, about to become the very monster he set out to fight.
Both of them at their absolute lowest, then Lois arrives and it stops.
Bruce realises what he's doing and rededicates himself to his true cause.
Superman sees that humanity is not beyond saving, that people can change, that Jor-El was right about everyone having the potential to be a force for good.
Both of them had been tested, but in this moment they emerge better because of it.

[YT]BOFYvnOmqDQ[/YT]

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"