Justice League Who should lead the Justice League in the DCEU?

Dark Raven

It's not about what you deserve...
Reaction score
Who should lead the Justice League in the DCEU?

I'm not talking about who should traditionally lead it, otherwise it would be Superman every time.

I'm talking about the characters as they are in the DCEU and what you know of them and what they've demonstrated so far.

Personally, I don't think Superman really seems like leadership material. He's still unsure of himself and seems very remote and removed from the rest of humanity. He would be too much like a distant leader and one that humans fear. If he were like the traditional Superman who is far more relatable and not so transcendent, then he would be the ideal candidate. But he's not, and is the least experienced out of Batman and WW.

Batman is more of a strategist and could be a potential leader, but is he too dark and brutal for the role? Don't the people need someone they can look up to as a beacon of hope?

I'd say WW is the most experienced and would have the most wisdom. I think she would be the ideal leader in the DCEU as an ambassador of peace who also knows how to fight without causing widespread destruction.

It would also send a positive message in this day and age having a woman as the leader of the league.

I don't see why WW should defer to Batman or Superman's leadership. Would it be just because they are men? WW might defer to Superman if he were that symbol of hope that everyone loves, but this version isn't like that. The Christopher Reeve version would be, but not the Cavill version.

The Trinity.

Superman would most readily be mistaken for the leader. The League looks up to him because he's their moral compass. Kal-El would be their face and voice to the world at large. He's also the League's champion rallying the League into battle.

Diana would be the mother hen keeping team disputes to a minimum and making sure everyone gets along and are at their best. She would be the experience and wisdom Superman sorely lacks. And the empathy and compassion that Batman lacks. And the voice of reason when either Superman and Batman get tunnel vision.

Batman would be the General coming up with the battle plans and tactics as well as handling all the logistical matters. He's the Sun Tzu of the team. With Cyborg's help he builds the mcguffin that will give the League an edge. When he's not in his cave brooding that is.

Last edited:
Jason Todd

I think it would be cool you know? Like Jason Todd he's just a guy with guns, but um yeah it would be cool because he's just a guy and he's dealing with aliens and metahumans so it uh would be interesting to see how he would do that.

J/K Zack, I think you're the ****ing man. Just give the crowds what they want, but don't sell out either. BvS was a smart flick.

That thread doesn't really take into account what they're actually like in the DCEU but just who people think should be the leader based on what has traditionally been the case.

In this movie universe, Superman does not seem like he should be the leader. It's nothing against Superman. It's the way he's been portrayed and written.

If, in the MCU, Cap had been portrayed like the Punisher, for example, then just because he's traditionally the leader of the Avengers doesn't mean he should be in that universe.

That thread doesn't really take into account what they're actually like in the DCEU but just who people think should be the leader based on what has traditionally been the case.

In this movie universe, Superman does not seem like he should be the leader. It's nothing against Superman. It's the way he's been portrayed and written.

If, in the MCU, Cap had been portrayed like the Punisher, for example, then just because he's traditionally the leader of the Avengers doesn't mean he should be in that universe.

That was part of Superman's development in BvS. When he said "this is my world", it represented a major paradigm shift in his character. He's no longer the Kryptonian übermensh watching humanity from above, but Superman walking with us towards tomorrow.

Also the Trinity should lead. All three bring different leadership qualities to the table.

Honestly, there's little difference. Batman returned to his code. Wonder Woman decided to turn to humanity again, Superman... well, remains to be seen. I don't think he doesn't fit, considering he isn't quite "there" yet. In JLP1 Batman and WW will be busy assembling the team and Superman, will be, most likely, the final piece.

I say, the trinity should lead. Each one of them brings something to the table, that other lack. But Superman should be the symbol of JL. Image. He should represent JL.

I say, the trinity should lead. Each one of them brings something to the table, that other lack. But Superman should be the symbol of JL. Image. He should represent JL.

Yeah, you'd think that people would get that after 2 hours and 30 minutes of being hit over the head with the dangers of "unilateral decision making". That's not how democracy works guys. :o

Honestly, there's little difference. Batman returned to his code. Wonder Woman decided to turn to humanity again, Superman... well, remains to be seen. I don't think he doesn't fit, considering he isn't quite "there" yet. In JLP1 Batman and WW will be busy assembling the team and Superman, will be, most likely, the final piece.

Is he really a symbol in the DCEU? I think he needs to do a lot of legwork to seem more a part of humanity by having scenes of him interacting with people. He's not the friendly Superman from the Christopher Reeve films who could easily show up at a school for some event. So far, it seems as if he's just swooped in to rescue people but then either left again or has just been revered as some kind of god like in the Day of the Dead scene. He even needs to have a conversation with a kid.

The Day of the Dead scene would've been ideal. He could've said "don't worry, I've got you" or something like that and spoken some words of reassurance. But he didn't. He might as well be an unspeaking humanoid robot just flying in and out, given his performance so far.

Batman he's like the Tony Stark to Superman's Steve Rogers but seriously Batman should

The guy, who protected the Earth at least twice, has Hope written on his chest and is respected and mourned by humanity can be considered a symbol of the group, which dedicates itself to serving the Earth and building a better future. I seriously hope they make him talk in the next film. About damn time. Actually, I believe, it would be a REALLY great final scene for JL - Superman giving a speech.

Knights of the Round Table.

As a Batman fan, I say Superman. Not so much that everyone else is his subordinate, but that he's the figurehead. Like how there's the Knights of the Round Table, but King Arthur is still King.

I think it would be cool you know? Like Jason Todd he's just a guy with guns, but um yeah it would be cool because he's just a guy and he's dealing with aliens and metahumans so it uh would be interesting to see how he would do that.

:hehe:

The Trinity.

Superman would most readily be mistaken for the leader. The League looks up to him because he's their moral compass. Kal-El would be their face and voice to the world at large. He's also the League's champion rallying the League into battle.

Diana would be the mother hen keeping team disputes to a minimum and making sure everyone gets along and are at their best. She would be the experience and wisdom Superman sorely lacks. And the empathy and compassion that Batman lacks. And the voice of reason when either Superman and Batman get tunnel vision.

Batman would be the General coming up with the battle plans and tactics as well as handling all the logistical matters. He's the Sun Tzu of the team. With Cyborg's help he builds the mcguffin that will give the League an edge. When he's not in his cave brooding that is.

Agreed. That's why the dynamic between the three is rather interesting.

http://stroppygits.com/users/hacksaw/comics/JLA/2006/000/pages/Justice%20League%20(2006)%20%2300%20Page%2009%20%5BOutsider%5D.html

If there would have to be one true leader though, I'd say Diana qualifies the most, given that she has both, Superman's compassion and Batman's warrior mindset. Not to mention that DCEU Diana is oldest and should be wisest among them.

Superman.

And that's really because he believes that every one can be a force for good. He's not a cynic, he's all about hope and that should be the face of the league.

Batman is amazing but he can't make speeches and come out in daylight and inspire the struggling public at large. He can't make announcements to leaders and he's very handicapped in what he can do publicly. People need a face to latch on to, so Superman.

Wonder Woman.
little boys are born with no natural inclination to share so woman should lead.

Wonder Woman is the most likely candidate. She has compassion, knows about battle tactics and being a leader in general.

Batman he's like the Tony Stark to Superman's Steve Rogers but seriously Batman should

Steve Rogers is the leader of the Avengers in the films. So if you want the JL to parallel the Avengers in film, then Superman should be the leader.

We have seen NOTHING about WW yet, how is she suddenly the best candidate and the most compassionate? come on, she's just showed her amazing physical skills.

Who should be the leader? Superman, but Batman is going to take this place of course. Superman will be back when the team is already assembled, why should they pick him as their leader all of sudden? they'd have to write a GREAT arc for him to match these expectations.

She's been alive the longest and has the most experience and wisdom. She's been a "superhero" longer than the other two. Superman is the newest in the game.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"