Justice League Who should lead the Justice League in the DCEU?

Animal Man deserves a shot. :o

I honestly don't care much at this point. It won't be supes because his character isn't assertive or confident enough and Snyder doesn't seem to want to highlight supes in any kind of positive way. WW as a character could do it, but I found Gadot "just ok" at the best of times and dull at the worst, so I can't image her pulling that off in an interesting way. If I had to pick, I'd say Bruce. Affleck was good in the role and Snyder seems to like darker characters like batman. I think Bruce is the most likely leader, but WW is a possibly that I'm sadly not excited for given the actress.

In an interview Snyder said the final reason he chose to kill off Superman, was for Bruce to step in and create the JL team. I'd guess that means in his view, Bruce is the leader.

I think Supes is a bit too humble to lead. Plus there's a good chance he'll wake up only to find the league already formed.

Also, I firmly believe that Batmans reaction to Superman coming back will be one of the funniest most memorable moments in CBM history. I just have a feeling he'll have an unforgettable look on his face. As in "It's good to see you Clark, but why couldn't you just stay dead!?"

Didn't Cavill already confirm Supes and Bats would argue over leadership? Seems like the most likely case to me.

I mean I don't see any reason to think Batman and Superman should just automatically get along in JL. They're still very different guys and are bound to butt heads over how to lead the team properly.

Do people really think superman will be leading anything? I can't see it. Not even as a co-leader. This superman just hasn't been given the leadership characteristics that are commonly associated with the character. I could see something budding in him in MOS, but that was entirely absent in BvS.

I see superman being used like Hulk in Avengers. He's the heavy-hitter brought in to punch, but doesn't do much in terms of strategy, planning, or leading.

Do people really think superman will be leading anything? I can't see it. Not even as a co-leader. This superman just hasn't been given the leadership characteristics that are commonly associated with the character. I could see something budding in him in MOS, but that was entirely absent in BvS.

I see superman being used like Hulk in Avengers. He's the heavy-hitter brought in to punch, but doesn't do much in terms of strategy, planning, or leading.

This is what I think. Does he do inspiring leadership speeches? Nope. The guy barely speaks as Superman. Does he seem to have any kind of plan when he goes into battle? Nope. He just charges in like a bull in a China shop. Does he seem to have any rapport with the common people? Nope. He's just a remote, transcendent figure whom some seem to revere.

When he went before the senate committee, there was a chance for him to speak up and put forward his case. But he just stayed silent. He's almost a bit too passive to be a leader. If he were somehow to lead, he'd need Lois as his Lady Macbeth behind the throne.

I'm pretty confident he won't just show up and be the leader. There will be growing pains and that'll likely be the point of contention between him and Batman.

This is what I think. Does he do inspiring leadership speeches? Nope. The guy barely speaks as Superman. Does he seem to have any kind of plan when he goes into battle? Nope. He just charges in like a bull in a China shop. Does he seem to have any rapport with the common people? Nope. He's just a remote, transcendent figure whom some seem to revere.

When he went before the senate committee, there was a chance for him to speak up and put forward his case. But he just stayed silent. He's almost a bit too passive to be a leader. If he were somehow to lead, he'd need Lois as his Lady Macbeth behind the throne.

Pretty much. If he were to lead, it would mean they've given him a radically different personality in JL than what was shown in BvS. I'd probably be grateful for that because I was really disappointed in BvS supes, but I can't see it happening.

Pretty much. If he were to lead, it would mean they've given him a radically different personality in JL than what was shown in BvS. I'd probably be grateful for that because I was really disappointed in BvS supes, but I can't see it happening.

Something to consider would be the concept art that is released. Superman is front and center and even ahead of Bats. So maybe death finally makes him the Superman we know and love?

Something to consider would be the concept art that is released. Superman is front and center and even ahead of Bats. So maybe death finally makes him the Superman we know and love?

Maybe. Which seems odd to me, but I'd take it. Not expecting it though. I honestly do expect him to be the bluer version of Avenger's Hulk.

Even in his ice bucket challenge, Superman is silent and Lois does all the talking for him. :argh:

[YT]cOLCi1HezHs[/YT]

Compare it with Wonder Woman's and Batman's:

[YT]B9r-IEU2LHg[/YT]

[YT]kkty5yI_5RA[/YT]

Maybe. Which seems odd to me, but I'd take it. Not expecting it though. I honestly do expect him to be the bluer version of Avenger's Hulk.
It will be interesting to see your reaction if he's not.

I still believe there won't be a leader in a classic sense, but Superman will be the image and the symbol, as well as moral compass. I don't think Superman is a leader of JL because he's smarter than, say, Batman.

Last edited:

Is it going to change him so much? When Captain America was unfrozen from the ice all those decades later (where he was practically dead as far as he was concerned) he was still the same person. He still had the same values and personality, and most importantly his leadership skills.

Superman's leadership skills aren't suddenly going to pop up out of nowhere.

Is it going to change him so much? When Captain America was unfrozen from the ice all those decades later (where he was practically dead as far as he was concerned) he was still the same person. He still had the same values and personality, and most importantly his leadership skills.

Superman's leadership skills aren't suddenly going to pop up out of nowhere.

Maybe death changes him? Or maybe something happens during the film where he evolves to become the leader by the end and coming full circle? Who knows I'm just spitballing here. Or maybe everyone else is so uncharismatic to the point where it has to be him LMAO

Maybe death changes him? Or maybe something happens during the film where he evolves to become the leader by the end and coming full circle? Who knows I'm just spitballing here. Or maybe everyone else is so uncharismatic to the point where it has to be him LMAO

If I had to take a crack at it... I would use some flimsy explanation to bring in the Fortress of Solitude. There, Jor-El will come in and say some speech in which he basically tells him to be their leader.

And then his genetic DNA gets "unlocked" and allows him to use an ancient "leadership" gene or something dumb like that.

But that's my cynicism playing out in the big screen.

Last edited:
zack decided bruce is the leader. live with it

If I had to take a crack at it... I would use some flimsy explanation to bring in the Fortress of Solitude. There, Jor-El will come in and say some speech in which he basically tells him to be their leader.

And then his genetic DNA gets "unlocked" and allows him to use an ancient "leadership" gene or something dumb like that.

But that's my cynicism playing out in the big screen.

I'll take this over anything Snyder has planned.

zack decided bruce is the leader. live with it

Except in his concept art Superman is front and center, ahead of Batman. Not to mention, he thought everyone in the league would listen to Superman and join him so he wanted him out of the way so it would be a harder job for Batman.

Except in his concept art Superman is front and center, ahead of Batman. Not to mention, he thought everyone in the league would listen to Superman and join him so he wanted him out of the way so it would be a harder job for Batman.

Just because Superman is in the front of those shots, it doesn't automatically mean that he'll be the leader of the group.

Plus, it's possible that the concept art shown was just to throw people off the trail that Superman would die in BvS, while trying to get people excited for the future.

And as others have mentioned, Superman has displayed no leadership qualities in the DCEU. He doesn't even known any of the JL members aside from Batman and barely knows Wonder Woman

Just because Superman is in the front of those shots, it doesn't automatically mean that he'll be the leader of the group.

Plus, it's possible that the concept art shown was just to throw people off the trail that Superman would die in BvS, while trying to get people excited for the future.

And as others have mentioned, Superman has displayed no leadership qualities in the DCEU. He doesn't even known any of the JL members aside from Batman and barely knows Wonder Woman

Why would the leader stand to the side? But I agree with the rest. This Superman ain't leadership material. Unless he gets some drastic character evolution in JL. Either that or like I said, everyone else is so dull that he appears as the charismatic leader.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"