Episode 10: Heart of the TVA

TheComicbookKid

Swing n Miss
Reaction score
Did not expect that ending

Figured Ramona was betrayed by HWR and figured Timely wasn’t him since he didn’t have Miss Minutes in the book.

Whatever that modification piece was is why HWR made sure the book went to that window.

Well, that ending was definitely interesting and unexpected to say the least. I do like how they sort emphasized the dire stakes of this season by actually hinting at some pretty horrific deaths but I'm not going to lie I do wish they weren't so afraid to take things a bit further in these Disney Plus shows.

I'm not saying they have to show a bunch of gore or anything but it kind of says something when one of the most memorable bits in this episode is seeing Miss Minutes grinning face at people being executed.

Also, I didn't realize until now that Justin Benson and Aaron Moorhead are directing most of the episodes this season which is honestly perfect considering those guys come from such a heavy, indie, sci-fi background.

I just wish they gave them a bit more creative freedom as well.

Well, that ending was definitely interesting and unexpected to say the least. I do like how they sort emphasized the dire stakes of this season by actually hinting at some pretty horrific deaths but I'm not going to lie I do wish they weren't so afraid to take things a bit further in these Disney Plus shows.

I'm not saying they have to show a bunch of gore or anything but it kind of says something when one of the most memorable bits in this episode is seeing Miss Minutes grinning face at people being executed.

Also, I didn't realize until now that Justin Benson and Aaron Moorhead are directing most of the episodes this season which is honestly perfect considering those guys come from such a heavy, indie, sci-fi background.

I just wish they gave them a bit more creative freedom as well.
That shrinking box thing could have been horrific to see. :D :csad:

Miss Minutes is scary, would not want to be on her wrong side.

Victor Timely:

spy-kids-death.gif

I've given the MCU shows a lot of stick recently, but this is definitely an example of non-cookie cutter material with thought gone behind it. Also again, Ke Huy Quan is just perfect for the role he's playing. I'm so chuffed to see him have a decent part. I'm actually excited for what comes next and can't imagine what it is!

Loved the episode. And regarding the ending, something to keep in mind is the TVA is HWR's creation. It's not a naturally occuring thing in the universe/multiverse. So it's possible that the the Loom exploding at the end of the episode doesn't destory everything (of course it wouldn't it's the MCU lol) but rather resets the multiverse back to how it is natually supposed to be without any human interference. Could be wrong but I'm very interested to see where things go from here.

Loved the episode. And regarding the ending, something to keep in mind is the TVA is HWR's creation. It's not a naturally occuring thing in the universe/multiverse. So it's possible that the the Loom exploding at the end of the episode doesn't destory everything (of course it wouldn't it's the MCU lol) but rather resets the multiverse back to how it is natually supposed to be without any human interference. Could be wrong but I'm very interested to see where things go from here.
My small brain is fried with the possibilities so I can't even speculate lol. Just looking forward to what answers we get in the final episodes. The drama is surely about to amp up.

It was a good episode. I agree that I would've wanted to see a bit more during the massacre scene, but just the fact that they did that was shocking. Definitely looking forward to the last two episodes, I can't even guess how this will conclude.

This is part of the problem with how this multiverse saga is being unfolded.

We already saw the council of Kangs.

The threat of the multiverse is supposed to be multiple Kangs starting a war. But we are so far only concerned with HWR and managing the branches.The TVA should have an easy new mission, hunt down the Kangs in every time line and bring them in.

The Loom breaking down is bad but there probably should be more of an emphasis on keeping the TVA and it’s tech out of Kang’s hands.

This is part of the problem with how this multiverse saga is being unfolded.

We already saw the council of Kangs.

The threat of the multiverse is supposed to be multiple Kangs starting a war. But we are so far only concerned with HWR and managing the branches.The TVA should have an easy new mission, hunt down the Kangs in every time line and bring them in.

The Loom breaking down is bad but there probably should be more of an emphasis on keeping the TVA and it’s tech out of Kang’s hands.
It's possible the Council of Kangs don't exist yet at this point in time (relatively speaking in terms of the POV of the Loki show). Maybe the loom exploding is what leads to them. But yea if that's indeed the case, they probably should have held off on their reveal in Quantumania.

Though now that I say that, I'm wondering if all the delays and scheudle reshuffles is the cause of all this multiverse story issues. At one point Quatumania was supposed to release July 28th, 2023. And from all reports, Loki season 2 was originally supposed to be a summer show (people were speculating June 2023). But when they pushed Secret Invasion to summer and bumped up Quantumania to February, it's possible it messed up the order. Maybe Loki season 2 was originally supposed to lead into Quantumania.

Last edited:
Lol, I'm good with not seeing a bunch of squished up people lol. There's enough gore out there in the real world. Was a good episode though. :)

Majors is rather annoying. It was a timely departure as he already outstayed his welcome.

I wonder what will be the fruit of the loom.

Still didn't love Majors here, but definitely feels like the show is back on track. Can't wait to see where we go next week.

LOVED this episode! Quite possibly the best 60 minutes ever produced by Marvel Studios. Not even joking. Bravo Marvel. Can't wait for episode 5 and 6!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"