• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

Arrow Episode 18 Salvation- Rate & Review Thread

im guessing the undertaking is going to involve destroying the glades using the abandoned subway, so basically like th league of shadows in batman begins lol

They'll probably make Vertigo into some kind of "weaponized hallucinogen"...

I hope they do something more original than that

On another note, anyone else got the feeling that this episode planted seeds for a future potential romantic relationship between Oliver and Felicity?lol

yeah, I do hope that the events of this episode will be the trigger point that makes Oliver realize that he can't keep on using murder as a means of taking out the people from the list, otherwise he'd just become as lost as that dude was in this episode.

yeah, I do hope that the events of this episode will be the trigger point that makes Oliver realize that he can't keep on using murder as a means of taking out the people from the list, otherwise he'd just become as lost as that dude was in this episode.

Every episode seems to have something that should push Ollie away from killing people.(Everybody and their grandmother has mentioned it.Diggle,Helena,Tommy,Laural,Felicity-the list goes on.)But they make no change in his methods.I doubt the guy in this episode will make him think any different.

On another note, anyone else got the feeling that this episode planted seeds for a future potential romantic relationship between Oliver and Felicity?lol

Funny thing, he barely killed anyone on the list. Doesn't he just mostly scare their pants off? If you are a bodyguard for anyone on the list though, then you need to get worried.

I really enjoyed this ep, loved the sequence where Felicity was trying to guide Ollie to the location of the second victim (The mobile subway killing room was a neat idea), it was well put together and they really get the most out of their action. Overall a good story that puts the Glades to the forefront as the undertaking approaches.

Moira selling out Lau puts more blood on her hands, I can't see her living past season 2. Ollie also needs to get Roy in line if he's gonna keep sucking face with Thea.

The island stuff was good as always, it's going to be interesting to see how the Ollie/Slade/Shado trio contrasts to the current day Ollie/Dig/Felicity trio.

The way she looked at him when he told her she could talk to him about her day if she needed to and put his hand on her shoulder made me think they were setting something up.

Just watched this week's episode. I enjoyed it. As cheesy as it was, I still smiled at the "Central City/be there in a flash" line.

Sorry to see my man Lau go. Dude can't catch a break. First TDK. Now Arrow. Didn't he get killed on Last Resort too?

Another solid episode. And like already mentioned I loved the nod to The Flash ha ha ha
Pretty cheesy, but funny LoL

About Moira : for someone who ordered a kill on her husband, on her boss and are in league with a shadow organization which plan to destroy a city, she is very sensitive and appears to be shocked by her own evil actions.

Btw, what happened to her last husband, I don't remember ?

I never got the impression she ordered the hit on her husband, just knew about it.

The way she looked at him when he told her she could talk to him about her day if she needed to and put his hand on her shoulder made me think they were setting something up.

I have had strong speculation that something could be up between Oliver and Felicity In future especilly since she will be regural character next season.

I don't think we will be seeing Oliver and Laurel anytime soon.

I really hope nothing happens between Oliver and Felicity beyond friendship.

Just watched this week's episode. I enjoyed it. As cheesy as it was, I still smiled at the "Central City/be there in a flash" line.

Sorry to see my man Lau go. Dude can't catch a break. First TDK. Now Arrow. Didn't he get killed on Last Resort too?

Well, just tell him to join my friend, Sean Bean. :D

Nothing will.She's the show's Chloe.A cute nerdy girl that people will want the leading guy to hook up with,despite the fact that he's already predestined to end up with somebody else.

Nothing will.She's the show's Chloe.A cute nerdy girl that people will want the leading guy to hook up with,despite the fact that he's already predestined to end up with somebody else.

I think it's a little different in that Oliver isn't obsessed with some girl who was never worth it while never noticing a girl who was better for him at that time in his life.

Not exactly the best example to use since Chloe did end up with SV's Oliver despite the fact that the show had a Dinah Lance present.lol

Funny. Especially since I'm not a fan of either version of Dinah Lance. So I don't really care if they don't follow the comic when it comes to relationships.

Funny. Especially since I'm not a fan of either version of Dinah Lance. So I don't really care if they don't follow the comic when it comes to relationships.

For me it had less to do with following the comics and more to do with the fact that I thought the writers sucked and had no idea what to really do with Ollie, especially once he became part of the main cast. So, "naturally" he had to have some sort of love and/or sex relationship with some other main character.

They really squandered the story line for laurel's mom's return. What the hell was the point?

The actress is a big fanboy nod, they needed something for the Lances to do, and it kills the notion that Oliver may be redeemed for what he did to Sarah by having her turn up alive. All they need now is for Ms. Lance to become involved with anything else at all in the show so that she can have scenes with other characters. Or maybe it turns out she's on the List! :gasp:

I never got the impression she ordered the hit on her husband, just knew about it.
I'm still not sure if she found out about the sabotage before or after the boat went down. If before, I think it's more than likely she didn't know Oliver would be there. My biggest reason for thinking she didn't know beforehand (at the moment) is how she reacted to Frank's death - and to planning Malcolm's. If she'd been a party to arranging her own husband's death, you wouldn't think these would bother her as much. But she still might have known, I admit. I'm just not sure. It's just that they've told us that she knew more than she should, but haven't told us she arranged it. I don't have strong feelings on whether or not she knew ahead of time, but she didn't plan it, I don't think. I hope we get more detail on what exactly happened soon.

Same here. I'd also prefer not to see Felicity/Diggle, either (at least, not now). And, honestly, I'd prefer not to see Oliver have three or four love interests every season and not to amp up the love triangle with Tommy/Laurel/Oliver (let one relationship well and truly end before another begins). Probably hoping in vain, as this is the CW, and probably everyone will date each other before it's over. That said, please no cheating on the Tommy/Laurel/Oliver thing. After the cheating and the Sarah thing, I'm actually a bit optimistic on that account. They wouldn't have Oliver cheat on his girlfriend with his sister and then start messing around with his best friend's girl (or at least former-best-friend's girl), right? And they wouldn't make Laurel cheat with her boyfriend's best bud after having been cheated on that way, right? Right?

Heck, I know I'm delusional, since I'm actually hoping for Malcolm to be Merlyn and Tommy to be a good guy.

I do feel like the Sarah thing was wrapped up too abruptly, too oddly. I don't want her to be alive, but it just played out oddly to me. Not sure what I expect next from that direction, though. Still it was nice to see the Lance family dynamic. I liked seeing Quentin smiling and he and Dinah were so filled with hope, and I wonder if how they were in that scene was how things were back before Sarah died. And does this mean Laurel and Quentin have made up now? Was that the purpose of the storyline?

Last edited:
I'm one of the consistent high markers of this show, usually a 9 or a 10. This one was a 5 and I'm surprised there is so much praise.

I loved the write up, and I loved the concept, but I thought it was horribly done. At no point did I catch that Ollie was the inspiration for the savior and said this online which was Ollie's motivation to stop him according to the write up. Ollie running around buildings kicking doors in without his mask was stupid, as was to guarantee Thea Roy would be safe and then disappear for a few hours.

Roy and Thea are moving way too fast. He didn't like her at all. This should be a much slower build.

The is Sarah alive thing seems so pointless now, unless she is alive which I don't think so. I guess it's an effective way of bringing Laurel's mom into it and maybe her parents will get back together, but this isn't why people watch Arrow really.

The island scenes were the best part, but I didn't feel Slade and Ollie's chemistry was as good as it can be. The dark archer "cameo" good too and where he realises what the image in the book is and gives his "the undertaking.." speech was cool.

Basically, it gave some good builld up bits but the Savior was just really disappointing and this episode just didn't hit with me at all really. Must just be me, because everyone else seems to like it :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IAmBatman125
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"