The Force Awakens Ewan Mcgregor open to return as Obi-Wan Kenobi.

Nice too see Ewan enthusiastic, his Obi-Wan is one of the highlights of the saga IMO and moved the character right up my favourites list.

I'm naturally open to this idea as well :woot:

I'm shocked! :oldrazz: :cwink:

I'm naturally open to this idea as well :woot:

Hell yes! :woot:

Can you imagine a scene between a Force ghost Obi-Wan and Luke? That would be amazing.

I'm open to the force ghost idea too, but why stop there?

I loved Ewan as Obi-wan. What they need to do is make a midquel of sorts that focuses on him during the Clone Wars or while he was on Tatooine. I mean they already said that they're doing stand-alone films. Why not use one of the few actual successful things from the prequels?

I mean, if Mr. "Go-out-like-a-punk" Boba-Fett gets a movie, friggen' Obi-Wan Kenobi should get a movie.

Can you imagine a scene between a Force ghost Obi-Wan and Luke? That would be amazing.
Stop it!! i could cry out of joy just thinking about that :oldrazz:

I loved Ewan as Obi-wan. What they need to do is make a midquel of sorts that focuses on him during the Clone Wars or while he was on Tatooine. I mean they already said that they're doing stand-alone films. Why not use one of the few actual successful things from the prequels?

I mean, if Mr. "Go-out-like-a-punk" Boba-Fett gets a movie, friggen' Obi-Wan Kenobi should get a movie.
Hey, i wouldnt mind that at all. I'm fascinated about what Obi-Wan went through between episodes III and IV, i'd love to see something like that.

Stop it!! i could cry out of joy just thinking about that :oldrazz:

Hey, i wouldnt mind that at all. I'm fascinated about what Obi-Wan went through between episodes III and IV, i'd love to see something like that.

Me to.

I'd be down for that. The only thing that would be kind of weird is that they already established in the OT that Force ghost-Obi appeared in the image of his older self, so why would he change? I always took the image the force ghost's assumed as representations of how they viewed themselves when they died. Obi-Wan appeared as his older self in ghost form because he had grown and changed from his younger self, hence why he kept his older appearance. So it would seem kind of odd that he would change, unless of course force ghosts change appearance like we do clothes. Maybe Obi got bored of his wrinkly look:cwink:

At least, that was my thinking with it. But to be honest, I liked Ewan so much I really wouldn't mind seeing him involved in some way.

It's cool that he's open to coming back, but hopefully they don't bring the character back.

I think it would be cool to see him come back as a force ghost. Though i'm not sure what purpose he would have for hanging around.

I mean, I suppose Luke could quesiton himself on if he's a proper "leader" for the new Jedi Order and then Obi-Wan can show up as a Force Ghost to encourage him I suppose...

For those who want Singer to direct an Episode, we woulda gotten a CGI Alec Guinness Force Ghost.:funny:

If there one recast I wouldn't mind, it would Ewan as Obi-Won as a force ghost. With aged make-up of course.

Initially I was thinking if Luke had to talk to one Jedi, it would had to be Ben. Yoda is a buddy of Lukr's too but Ben and Lukr share a closer bondship especially with Obi's backstory.

If they follow EU canon at all, then he can't talk to any ghosts. Ben basically moved on 5 years after RotJ (the only bad choice Zahn made with SW, imo).

I want them all: Ben, Anakin, yoda AND Qui-Gon. Screw it, go all out.

Could there be an Obi-Wan solo film?

There better be! :argh: I'm sure Ewan would reprise the role.

I love too see this.

I'm actually far keener for an Obi-Wan Kenobi spin off than I am for a Han Solo or Boba Fett one.

[YT]HMsbMK9Odoc[/YT]

Something like that with Obi-Wan retracing Qui-Gonn's past to find a hidden Jedi temple that contains the key to immortality. Delving a little deeper into Jedi mythology, while creating new mysteries. That would be sick.

I'm actually far keener for an Obi-Wan Kenobi spin off than I am for a Han Solo or Boba Fett one.

[YT]HMsbMK9Odoc[/YT]

Something like that with Obi-Wan retracing Qui-Gonn's past to find a hidden Jedi temple that contains the key to immortality. Delving a little deeper into Jedi mythology, while creating new mysteries. That would be sick.

You good. And I agree with everything you said. The badass sounding Kenobi novel could be a great starting point.

Indeed. It should be glorious.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"