Exclusive Trailer for Dead Space

I've read the ign and GI articles, and I must say the idea and concepts behind this game are teh awesome. If they have nice graphics, solid gameplay, and they get it in the ball park when it comes to their visions of the scariest game and all that good stuff, then I will love this game. Doom 3 and RE4 are two of my favorite games, so if they can get the soul of those games plus more suspenseful ones like SH and Fatal Frame this will be the perfect horror game. I love the whole idea of having creepy enemies with no obvious weakpoint. With zombies just aim between the eyes and you're good, but these enemies will all have different weaknesses. Shooting one enemy in the stomache might net you a one-hit kill, but do it to another enemy and you might have freed some baby aliens. I also like the emphasis on melee combat, that's something I liked about Condemned: you weren't ****ed if you ran out of ammo.

Why the Doom 3 hate? Besides the online experience that I heard lagged like a *****, I think they did everything else great, like the weapons, enemies, and the combat. The story might've sucked, but who expects that in a Doom game anyways?

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/40037.html#comments_top

Just posting a link of one of the new Dead Space weapons vids where the end is kind of odd, you'll have to see for yourself but I think this is a second playthrough sort of deal. This isn't my favorite, but then again it could be yours. There are at least five more new videos, and at least two weapons are shown.

Am I the only one immensely excited by this game? To me it blows the lid off RE5. And I love how they show "walk n' gun" can still be scary. I know it's a Doom ripoff, but then again ALOT of games rip from Doom anyways, so I won't knock it for that. It seems to be shaping up well, I especially can't wait to spam the stasis gun as much as I can and melee enemies. Speaking of melee, these are really the first videos to show a good chunk of melee action. I love how even with the simple swinging animation, they can show how the character is just a normal person like us. I know I'd be swinging randomly with those "The Thing" aliens coming at me.

Any thoughts?

Sweetness. God I wish more people would post in this thread, it looks amazing, plus it doesn't go for any archaic design standbys developers use to scare gamers(i.e. odd camera angles that don't truly let you see what you need to, not being able to move while shooting, tank controls, magic chests throughout the game so you can't just hold items and be smart about it, you have to leave stuff in futuristic containers that somehow have teleportation capabilities).

Also, I like how they're showing more of the weapons and enemies, it's looking less repetitive everytime I see it. Also, the story, while somewhat cliche(what with the overrun space station with all the occupants changed), it does seem to have a nice twist. And judging from the trailer I put a link too, you actually have other survivors helping you via comlink during gameplay.

bump

God, I can't believe WHF makes up a fourth of the people that have posted in this thread.

Is there anyone who finds this game promising?

bump

God, I can't believe WHF makes up a fourth of the people that have posted in this thread.

Is there anyone who finds this game promising?

Count me as one who is pumped for this game. Personally, i think that this should be what Resident Evil 5 looks like. Dead Space really looks freaky. I can't understand why games like this and FEAR 2 get overlooked because all anybody wants to talk about is The Force Unleashed, MK vs DC, etc.

I realy want to get this game but since i am short of cash i think i will get it next year or something.

You going to get it before RE5? I might, since fresh beats RE4.1 in my book. Unless it blows, then I'll dream of what could've been.

This is the 4th ifficial movie that is on gamespot, has alot of interesting information.

****, am I the only one excited by this game?

judging by the amount of posts in this thread since last year, I would say yes. I saw that the game got good reviews, but its not on my radar, especially considering the other stuff I have to consider getting, but probably wont anytime soon

This is the 4th ifficial movie that is on gamespot, has alot of interesting information.

****, am I the only one excited by this game?

Not at all, I'm super excited about it. I just haven't really joined in here because I won't be getting the game for a couple of months yet and I don't really want anything spoiled for me.

I think the game looks fantastic and I can't wait to finally play it. :up:

judging by the amount of posts in this thread since last year, I would say yes. I saw that the game got good reviews, but its not on my radar, especially considering the other stuff I have to consider getting, but probably wont anytime soon

My bad, I was so tired I didn't post the link.

http://www.gamespot.com/xbox360/act...ead-space-official-movie-4?tag=videos;title;1

And to respond, don't you think that is a little unfair? I really hate how much hype that is heaped on SH and RE, a new IP should get a little more attention, especially with the comics and movie. :cmad: I hope this game get's the sales it deserves, judging by the wonderful reviews it has been getting(89 from 10 reviews on metacritic).

This game looks really great, but my wallet is empty enough as it is. In the next two months I'm getting Web of Shadows, The Incredible Hulk, Hancock, Hellboy 2, Wall E, Gears 2, Banjo-Kazooie Nuts and Bolts, Guitar Hero World Tour...

Ugh, typing that out makes me cry. That's over 300 bucks. I have $8 currently.

Also Joker graphic novel in two weeks? I just found out about that. Man, gotta love the awful timing.

Hellooooooo massive depletion of savings account

I'll probably get this game during the annual drought next year

Or I guess I could just wait until Christmas for some of this stuff... but patience isn't one of my strong points

I'm not one for survival Horrer games, but the reviews so far have been impressive.

Spidey17, you're not alone man. I've got the game pre-ordered, and I think its going to be fantastic.

im not really into the horror games, apart from resident evil ( even though ive played through one...but i still love it lol ) but this games story just looks so cool. ive got the animated comics on my ps3 and ive pre-ordered the dvd tie in. im really lookin forward to this. its probably gonna take me a year to play through it though lol

Last edited:
Spidey17, you're not alone man. I've got the game pre-ordered, and I think its going to be fantastic.

THANK YOU GOD!!!... I mean Elektro.:oldrazz: For awhile I was putting up all these links, but no one was responding. Hope someone in my dorm gets it. Regarding the ign review, did you notice the discrepancy with the actual review and the score he gave it? If you only read or listened, it sounds like a 9.1-9.6 game. And half of the cons he mentioned I def won't have a problem in it, so for me it could almost be a 10.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"