Fallout 4

yep. Fallout 4 ended up being a disappointment for me. :(

I've had a lot of fun in FO4.

I much preferred NV due to the war aspect and characters but FO4 wasn't terrible. Could have had a lot more polish on the story though.

Deservedly so.

Fallout 4 isn't the first Bethesda game that I've disliked, but it is the first one I disliked so much that I had to give up on it.

I'm in the same boat. I hated Fallout 3 as a Fallout game and a RPG, but I still enjoyed it enough to complete everything in it, but I gave up on FO4 shortly after the big reveal in The Institute. Was going to give Far Harbor a shot until I found out it was a stolen New Vegas mod.

Deservedly so.

Fallout 4 isn't the first Bethesda game that I've disliked, but it is the first one I disliked so much that I had to give up on it.

It's the first I've disliked, and given up on.

PlayStation 4, PC
[FONT=&quot]Fallout 4 PS4 Pro update and PC High Resolution Texture Pack launch next week[/FONT]
Published 3 hours ago. 23 comments.
1440p resolution, and enhanced draw distances and Godray effects.

Fallout-4-PS4-Pro-PC-High-Res_01-30-17.jpg
Ads by Kiosked

Fallout 4 will add PlayStation 4 Pro support with the release of its 1.9 update next week, Bethesda Softworks announced.

PlayStation 4 Pro support includes native 1440p resolution, enhanced draw distance for trees, grass, objects, and NPCs, and enhanced Godray effects.

Bethesda will also release a free, official high resolution texture pack for the PC version of Fallout 4 next week, which will require an additional 58 gigabytes of space.

Fallout 4 is available now for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC.

Read More

PC, PlayStation 4, Bethedsa Game Studios, Bethesda Softworks, Fallout 4, RPG

source: Gematsu

58GB of textures? What the...

4K textures for a game that is still riddled with bugs that even the unofficial patches can't seem to fix... dem priorities, Bethesda. The Bethdrones will eat this **** up.

58 gigs of anything that isn't the main game is insane.

The game may look prettier but it still runs like hell.

Modders have made hi-res texture packs with a quarter size of that...

Xbox One, PC
[FONT=&quot]Fallout Shelter coming to Xbox One, Windows 10 on February 7[/FONT]

Published 2 hours ago. 7 comments.
Free download will be an Xbox Play Anywhere title.
Fallout-Shelter-XBO-Windows-10-Ann.jpg
Ads by Kiosked
Fallout Shelter will launch for Xbox One and Windows 10 PCs on February 7 as an Xbox Play Anywhere title via a free download from the Xbox Store or Windows Store, Bethesda Softworks announced.
As an Xbox Play Anywhere title, player progress is retained across both Xbox One and Windows 10, meaning users can switch between platforms and pick up where they left off, as well as carry over their saves, progress, and Achievements. The game has also been fully adapted to work with the Xbox One controller.
Here’s a brief overview of the game:
Fallout Shelter thrusts players into the role of Overseer to build their own Vault, manage dwellers, and adventure through Fallout’s iconic wasteland. Since the game’s original launch in 2015, the game has continued to expand and add features, including Crafting, Scrapping, Pets, additional rooms, iconic Fallout 4 characters, and special Dweller customization options. The game’s constantly growing Quest system allows Overseers to send Dwellers out into the Wasteland to abandoned buildings, decrepit Vaults, and mysterious caves to uncover legendary loot and face off against enemies like Radscorpions, Ghouls, and powerful bosses.
Fallout Shelter is currently available for iOS, Android, and PC.

Read More

PC, Xbox One, Bethesda Game Studios, Bethesda Softworks, Fallout Shelter, Release Dates

source: Gematsu

That is surprising, Skyrim seemed to have a way bigger fan base. Sales aside, I don't see Fallout 4 maintaining the kind of dedicated following Skyrim has almost six years after release.

That is surprising, Skyrim seemed to have a way bigger fan base. Sales aside, I don't see Fallout 4 maintaining the kind of dedicated following Skyrim has almost six years after release.

It definitely won't. A big part of that following are modders and the majority of quality modders have went back to either Skyrim or New Vegas. Hard coding the dialogue and the perk system really ****ed those guys over.

I could have lived with another silent PC instead of the talky bits. The only parts I want to listen to more than once are the sarcastic options.

I'm a tad iffy on the perks though. I liked being able to break the game once I figured out what I was doing in the earlier games when I dumped points into things but I do like that I have to wait to be unstoppable as it makes me think outside the box and not just stealth kill everything like I did in FO3/NV/Skyrim.

I could have lived with another silent PC instead of the talky bits. The only parts I want to listen to more than once are the sarcastic options.

I'm a tad iffy on the perks though. I liked being able to break the game once I figured out what I was doing in the earlier games when I dumped points into things but I do like that I have to wait to be unstoppable as it makes me think outside the box and not just stealth kill everything like I did in FO3/NV/Skyrim.

I felt this system was far more broken especially in relation to how things scale. Because enemies scale with you, you are always the most lethal character in the game. Any weapon focused perks made you a god with those weapons immediately. Nothing ever felt like a threat during my playthrough even after adjusting the difficulty. It also doesn't help that the game's sole focus is combat so investing in something that would aid you conversation is worthless because there's no real branching dialogue. You have three ways to say yes and one way to say no.

JE Sawyer's mod for New Vegas actually fixes a lot of that game's problems. Considering he the was the director and lead designer on that game, I consider that the "correct" way to play it, if you haven't played it with the mod, I highly recommend it.

NEWS

Bethesda schedules their E3 2017 conference for Sunday before event Feb 16, 2017

Earlier this week, Microsoft revealed that their E3 2017 press conference will be on Sunday this year, instead of...
Read more

Earlier this week, Microsoft revealed that their E3 2017 press conference will be on Sunday this year, instead of their traditional Monday time slot. In light of this reveal, Bethesda has revealed when they will be holding their own briefing!
It looks like Bethesda has followed Microsoft's gameplan and scheduled their E3 2017 conference for Sunday night - to be fair, though, Bethesda always did Sunday before E3.

Follow
Bethesda Softworks ✔ @bethesda

Sunday before E3 getting busy. Imitation IS the sincerest form of flattery. Bethesda E3 Showcase will still be Sunday pm. Details soon! #BE3
1:04 PM - 16 Feb 2017

Last year, Bethesda's Pete Hines was featured as a developer in Microsoft's teaser for Project Scorpio, the more powerful Xbox console set to release this year. Microsoft will definitely be talking about Scorpio during their conference, but the question is if Bethesda will be talking about it too.
What do you want to see during Bethesda's E3 conference?

source: http://www.gamezone.com/
GZ_logo-e60bbbfb8172ed2476fe1c65210e382e.svg

• NEWSBethesda has three games in the works, two of which are 'bigger than anything' the studio has ever made Feb 18, 2017

In the public eye, Bethesda doesn't appear to be working on much that's exciting. Sure, early Switch..
    Read more

[FONT=&quot]
    bethesda_e3.jpg

In the public eye, Bethesda doesn't appear to be working on much that's exciting. Sure, early Switch adopters who don't already own Skyrim might disagree, but that's such a small sample size compared to the whole that it doesn't resonate the same way as a new game would. Fortunately, according to Bethesda Game Studios executive producer Todd Howard, the studio does indeed have projects in the pipeline, and big ones too. In speaking with Glixel, Howard revealed (but didn't) that Bethesda has two big games that they are working on plus one mobile title.
    Unfortunately, they aren't ready to talk about any of them.
    Howard said:
    "We've got a good number of projects on the go. We're bigger now and we do want to be putting out more stuff. We have two larger projects that are more classically the scale of what we do, but even bigger. We overlap the projects so we're working on them at the same time, but they're staggered. I can't talk a lot about them, but I can say that they're bigger than anything we've ever done. They're a bit different, but definitely in the wheelhouse that people are used to from us."
    This appears to translate to Bethesda is working on at least one, if not two open world games, since that's what one would consider being "classically the scale" of a game that the studio is known for. Skyrim originally came out almost six years ago, so common sense would (might) dictate that one of those games in another Elder Scrolls game. It's unclear exactly what the "a bit different" description means, but at the same point, they can't exactly copy and paste Skyrim into a new package and expect that to fly. But then again, stranger things have happened.
    Howard was equally coy about the Mobile game in question, offering only that it will be a very "different style game" and that it's going to be "unique in the space" similarly to how Fallout Shelter was.
    Obviously, there's no timetable on when we can find out more, but perhaps E3 2017 will shed some light on these projects.
    Source: [Glixel]
    [/FONT]

Since the mods came out I've been running around with a few on just to make things easier at the start and make the game look nicer. I have a cheat room mod that gives me about 20k crafting materials so I don't have to bother scrounging, a good starting gun and one that let's me do the ballistic armor upgrades right off the bat.

Anyone use any interesting mods on PS4, limited though they may be?

He will be missed. There's a guy that deserves a lifetime achievement award.

Apparently this will be the thing that puts VR on the map.

[FONT=&quot]Fallout 4 VR has been the excitement within Bethesda recently, especially with Pete Hines. But as one of the minds behind the project, that's a bit to be expected. What's really interesting is AMD's corporate vice president Roy Taylor saying that Fallout 4 VR will be a "ground-breaking VR title" that will change the industry.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]According to MCVUK, he said at the VR World Congress that Fallout 4 VR will be "the Mario, the Sonic the Hedgehog" of the VR industry. "It will change the way we think about VR. It will be an industry changer."[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Fallout 4 VR is set to release in 2017, though the specifics are currently unknown. Pete Hines has stated that it will be playable at E3 this year, however.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Speaking further, Taylor talked about VR in general, calling wires the biggest challenge of the VR industry. "They're an inhibitor to what should be giving great freedom of movement," he said. "One of the most important things we do next is get rid of those pesky wires. I'm very pleased to tell you that AMD has come up with a solution."[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]AMD recently announced its partnership with Nitero, a chip manufacturer specializing in wireless VR. While VR still seems new, Nitero is targeting "next-gen" VR currently, but when the technology arrives, it will offer integrated wireless so much so that wires will be a thing of the past.[/FONT]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"