Fallout 4

PC
[FONT=&quot]Fallout 4 VR announced for HTC Vive[/FONT]
Published 2 hours ago. 1 comment.
The core game with all-new combat, crafting, and building systems.
Fallout-4-VR-Ann_06-12-17.jpg

Bethesda Softworks announced Fallout 4 VR, a virtual reality version of Fallout 4 for HTC Vive, during its E3 2017 press conference. It will launch in October.

Here’s an overview of the game, via Bethesda:
Fallout 4, the legendary post-apocalyptic adventure from Bethesda Game Studios and winner of more than 200 ‘Best Of’ awards, including the DICE and BAFTA Game of the Year, finally comes in its entirety to VR. Fallout 4 VR includes the complete core game with all-new combat, crafting, and building systems fully reimagined for virtual reality. The freedom of exploring the wasteland comes alive like never before.
As the sole survivor of Vault 111, you enter a world destroyed by nuclear war. Every second is a fight for survival, and every choice is yours. Only you can rebuild and determine the fate of the Wasteland. Welcome home.
Watch the reveal trailer below.

[YT]jspdtha3t1k[/YT]
View the first screenshots at the gallery.
visit gallery »

Read More

PC,Bethesda Softworks,Clips,E3 2017, Fallout 4 VR,Game Announce,Screenshots,Trailers

source: Gematsu

PlayStation 4, Xbox One, PC
[FONT=&quot]Fallout 4: Game of the Year Edition launches September 26[/FONT]
Published 1 hour ago. 13 comments.
Includes core game, six add-ons, updates, and more.

Fallout-4-GOTY-Ann_08-10-17.jpg

Bethesda Softworks has announced Fallout 4: Game of the Year Edition. It will launch on September 26 for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC.

The Game of the Year Edition will include all of the latest agmeplay updates (including Survival mode), graphical enhancements, the ability to play mods for free, plus all of the official add-ons (Nuka-World, Vault-Tec Workshop, Contraptions Workshop, Far Harbor, Wasteland Workshop and Automatron).

In addition to the standard edition, a limited Pip-Boy collector’s edition of Fallout 4: Game of the Year Edition will also be made exclusively available in North America at select retailers for $99.99.

source: Gematsu

Fallout VR not having the dlc content. Creation club selling stuff that is free elsewhere and forced downloading of unuseable content. Bethesda's reputation isn't what it was I guess.

Yeah... We all knew this was going to blow up in their faces. Maybe this time they will give up on the paid mods idea. I have mixed feelings about Bethesda. As a publisher, most of the games I'm looking forward too are being published by them, but their in house studio is one of the worst triple A studios out there and they also pull this ********.

Video Documentary of the previus installment

hqdefault.jpg
[FONT=Roboto !important]
[/FONT]

[YT]X-trS--65UU[/YT]
Fallout 3 - Electric Playground Documentary
[FONT=Roboto !important]1K views1 day ago Published on 09/09/2017[/FONT]
[FONT=Roboto !important]
[FONT=Roboto !important]In this documentary produced by the EP team in 2008, we go behind the scenes of Fallout 3 at Bethesda Softworks with Todd Howard and the rest of the development team!
[/FONT]

[/FONT]

source:
EPN.tv

Last edited:
Five articles from the same place

Making Fallout: New Vegas was a battle against time and impolite NPCs

1 day ago

This article is part of our week-long celebration of Fallout's 20th anniversary. Make sure you check back throughout the week for more...Read more

also with

Consoles held Fallout: New Vegas back, say Obsidian

1 day ago
Fallout: New Vegas would have been a better game if it was PC-only, according to the game’s lead world builder. Scott Everts says that the...
Read more

fallowing that

Why the scrappiness of New Vegas is a perfect fit for Fallout's dystopia

1day ago

This article is part of our week-long celebration of Fallout's 20th anniversary. Make sure you check back throughout the week for more...Read more

most recently
Fallout 4's power armour symbolises how far the series' combat has come

14 hours ago

Lastly
The best Fallout 4 mods

11 hours ago
Comments 21

What are the best Fallout 4 mods on PC? The mod community is out in force, so you have lots to choose from when looking to enhance your adventures...Read more

source:PCGN

Raise the price and folks will stop buying at launch. I already have and I know I'm not the only one. Why pay more at launch when I'm gonna be able to get it 30 to 40 dollars cheaper in seven months? Triple A publishers are just going to have to deal with the fact that gamers aren't going to put up with this ******** anymore. Make better, complete products with modest budgets. That needs to be their focus.

Last edited:
I rarely buy games at launch anyway.

90% of the time I either can't afford it right then or I'm busy playing other games.

Raise the price and folks will stop buying at launch. I already have and I know I'm not the only one. Why pay more at launch when I'm gonna be able to get it 30 to 40 dollars cheaper in seven months? Triple A publishers are just going to have to deal with the fact that gamers aren't going to put up with this ******** anymore. Make better, complete products with modest budgets. That needs to be their focus.

If they raise it to $80 and my Amazon Prime Preorder discount doesn't go away Ill get games for about $60. I can live with that. I wouldn't be happy but I know I wouldn't be able to resist if it's a game I really want. Even if I lost my Amazon Preorder discount Id still buy at launch if its a game I really want. Im impatient. Life's short. Make hay while the sun shines and all that.

Besides I only buy 5 or 6 games a year so even if the prices do go up it's not a huge expense.

If they raise it to $80 and my Amazon Prime Preorder discount doesn't go away Ill get games for about $60. I can live with that. I wouldn't be happy but I know I wouldn't be able to resist if it's a game I really want. Even if I lost my Amazon Preorder discount Id still buy at launch if its a game I really want. Im impatient. Life's short. Make hay while the sun shines and all that.

Besides I only buy 5 or 6 games a year so even if the prices do go up it's not a huge expense.

This is part of the problem. Todd Howard is basically saying because publishers can't **** you the way they want, they're going to **** your wallet another way and folks just accept it. It's unacceptable. I play essentially every major single player release and I do it for next to nothing because I'm willing to wait. Over the last couple of months I bought RE7 Gold, Wolfenstein 2, Prey, Horizon Zero Dawn, Dishonored: DOTO, The Evil Within 2 and have barely spent over 150 bucks. It's not my fault that every major multiplayer release has become a monetization scheme. The industry did that to themselves and I refuse to dig them out of that hole at my extra expense.

This is part of the problem. Todd Howard is basically saying because publishers can't **** you the way they want, they're going to **** your wallet another way and folks just accept it. It's unacceptable. I play essentially every major single player release and I do it for next to nothing because I'm willing to wait. Over the last couple of months I bought RE7 Gold, Wolfenstein 2, Prey, Horizon Zero Dawn, Dishonored: DOTO, The Evil Within 2 and have barely spent over 150 bucks. It's not my fault that every major multiplayer release has become a monetization scheme. The industry did that to themselves and I refuse to dig them out of that hole at my extra expense.

Well, if I bought every single player game regardless of quality I'd not buy every one of them on release day, because I couldn't possibly play that many. Itd take months to get to some of them. But I prefer quality over quantity so I can afford to buy on release day. Besides games cost tens of millions and the ones I buy offer 10-100+ hours of entertainment. $60+ dollars for that seems pretty reasonable to me.

Last edited:
Well, if I bought every single player game regardless of quality I'd not buy every one of them on release day, because I couldn't possibly play that many. Itd take months to get to some of them. But I prefer quality over quantity so I can afford to buy on r release day. Besides games cost $10s of millions and the ones I buy offer 10-100+ hours of entertainment. $60+ dollars for that seems pretty reasonable to me.

Bethesda doesn't spend as much money on actual development as they would have you believe. The bug ridden state of the majority of their in house developed titles and the fact that they're still using damn near 20 year old tech to develop these games is a testament to this. Where companies are really hemorrhaging money is in marketing budgets because they're still chasing after new players and markets that honestly have zero interest in the medium. Also the notion that prices need to rise to justify those costs is frankly a myth. It is cheaper to develop triple A games now than it's ever been thanks to cross platform development being streamlined and the actual tools themselves being affordable and easier to use. Spend an afternoon in Unreal, Unity, or Maya and you'll realize how much ******** these publishers actually feed you, but I digress

My point is simply this: if publishers think raising prices is actually going to help, they're in for a rude awakening. Complete products with modest budgets are the only viable answer.

Bethesda doesn't spend as much money on actual development as they would have you believe. The bug ridden state of the majority of their in house developed titles and the fact that they're still using damn near 20 year old tech to develop these games is a testament to this. Where companies are really hemorrhaging money is in marketing budgets because they're still chasing after new players and markets that honestly have zero interest in the medium. Also the notion that prices need to rise to justify those costs is frankly a myth. It is cheaper to develop triple A games now than it's ever been thanks to cross platform development being streamlined and the actual tools themselves being affordable and easier to use. Spend an afternoon in Unreal, Unity, or Maya and you'll realize how much ******** these publishers actually feed you, but I digress

My point is simply this: if publishers think raising prices is actually going to help, they're in for a rude awakening. Complete products with modest budgets are the only viable answer.

I've never bought an elder scrolls or Fallout game on release day. Specifically because those games are bug riddled beta builds when they first come out.

And I don't doubt that prices don't need to rise to justify costs, but that's par for the course in manufacturing. Everything from pizza to electronics is overpriced in relation to production costs. That's not going to ever change without strict government regulations and video games are not going to be an exception to this rule. Video games are always going to be over priced like most consumer products and we can't change that.

So rather than wasting much energy being frustrated about what I cant change I just decide on a price threshold I'm willing to pay for a quality AAA game. As of now that threshold is $80 for games like Uncharted, but for games like Witcher 3 and Horizon Zero Dawn that threshold increases to $100. I've gotten 200+ hours of entertainment from Witcher and 100+ hours from Horizon. Think about how much id have to pay to get 300 hours of entertainment from movies on bluray and UHD. Assuming the average film length is 2 hours I'd have to buy 150 films and assuming the average cost of a new UHD and Bluray averages $20 - $25 that much entertainment would cost me about $4000. So in terms of the amount of entertainment a quality AAA game provides I consider release day prices pretty cheap.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"