Fant4stic Four Deleted Scenes

Reaction score
I am surprised with how many scenes didn't end up in the movie. And I feel like there should be a thread where we discuss and compiles those scenes that didn't end up in the film

1. Reed: What is coming?
Victor: The answers

2. Fantasticar? There's a BTS footage of Reed, Sue, Johnny on the set and Reed came out of a wrecked car.

3. There's an outdoor scene shot of Reed, Sue, Johnny getting into a car

4. The shot of the four looking at the beam (seen in the first trailer)

5. The Thing jumping off the helicopter and smashing into a tank

6. Kate Mara's laugh track in the trailers and TV spots

7. "I just want to fix my friends" - Reed

8. "Heat resistance workshop and a big sunroof" -Johnny

9. "This is a war you are not ready to fight" - Doom

10. "What are you doing, are you crazy" - Sue checking up on Johnny (climax, I guess)

11. Ben smashing the "Grimm" sign with his baseball bat

12. Johnny's first shot in the first trailer, checking up on his car

13. Sue's big blue bubble force in her training room

mm4m82.jpg

11863387_939096639481000_6081833671964271443_n.jpg

16. The Thing throwing a big of metal inside his room

17. "You promised me you wouldn't use my kids as weapon" - Dr. Franklin Storm

18. "If we do this, we don't it our way" - Sue

19. "We are not the ones that you should fear" - Sue

11855757_940005109390153_7962839837668516183_n.jpg

21. "You should use this power to help people" - Johnny

22. Sue destroying a big rock.

23. First shot of the adult Ben in the first trailer.

104ruif.jpg

25. "Not everybody is meant to change the world, some people just have to live with it"

26. ?: You need to focus Reed
Reed: I am focused.

27. "I like the sound of that" - Sue

add more that I missed

Last edited:
Kate Mara mentioned that they filmed a scene with her and Jamie Bell that was cut. Its her outside Reed's house while Franklin is inside talking to Reed's parents about Reed coming to Baxter. While she is outside Ben comes up and starts talking to her.

Johnny Storm cleaning/fixing his car in his apartment was also cut.

A lot of stuff from the 1st Act we're cut and replaced with the Wig-Kara scenes. :| Like the scene they're eating sushi lol.

This was so they can release the movie again next year with all that stuff but now they see how much people hate the movie I dont see it happening.

Lol the amount of deleted scenes is depressing. :b

How about a list of scenes from the trailers that ARE in the movie?

Were there any? lol.

Reminds me of the trailers for Amazing Spider-Man. But like... tenfold.

That explains those Fantasticar rumors.

Yeah, I bet Doombots were one of the cut sequences prior to filming. Most of the big rumors seem to have panned out.

there used to be a guy that posted here that called every casting before it happened and also said the fantasticar was going to be in the film. man i'd love to pick his/her brain right now.

We need someone to release the first cut like how Wolverine Origins had a leak happen which was longer than the theatrical run lol. (but only by a few mins, FF lost like 50 minutes damn)

That explains those Fantasticar rumors.

Yeah, I bet Doombots were one of the cut sequences prior to filming. Most of the big rumors seem to have panned out.

I'm not even sure that doombots make sense from what they produced. Where in the production would Victor have created them? He gets abandoned on planet zero, and when he's recovered a year later he goes on his killing spree.

Does anyone really care that a POS version of the Fantasticar was not in the movie?

I'm not even sure that doombots make sense from what they produced. Where in the production would Victor have created them? He gets abandoned on planet zero, and when he's recovered a year later he goes on his killing spree.

Keep in mind, it appears a great deal changed last minute. The entire third act is rumored to have changed. As for the Doombots...

I'm thinking they'd have been drones. I haven't seen the film, but from what I've heard he's got multiple monitors and a google glass-esque device going in his room. He's also supposed to be good with machines, right? I'm thinking that was setup for Doombots of a sort.

I'm sure the one rumour was that they wouldn't be actual Doombots but just government drone type things that he took control of.

When it comes to all the deleted scenes I keep wondering about some of the things from the /4Chan leak (not the "Trank" part). The FX person mentioned a few things:

That the effects Fox paid for was all they were getting and if they wanted more they would have to pay more as they had already done more than they were paid for.
That the effects were done but only at 1.5K resolution rather than the 4K needed for cinema.
If the reshoots required anything more than minor work they could not be done in time.

It could be that there was not the time or the money for all of the effects to get done in time so Fox ended up editing the film together using the scenes they had in a usable state. All the cut shots from the trailers could have been stuff that they only had at the 1.5K resolution, which was ok for use in trailers but could not be used in the final film as the resolution difference would stand out on large screens.

We want director's cut!

Not gonna happen. The major cuts involved a great deal of CG. No way in hell are they going to spend millions finishing CG after this turkey flopped so hard.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"