Fant4stic: Reborn! - - - - - - Part 40

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is why I could never take those Fox apologist seriously. You can hope for the best all you want but trying to dismiss all the tell-tale signs given by the cast in interviews alone and then trying to flip it as if we're being crazy.....?

Well with a 9% rt rating and $25M OW flop as a result for their efforts I'd cringe if those rumors weren't the reason this reboot failed so greatly.

Man, they can make an entire mini-series about the behind-the-scenes drama alone. Trank seems lika a fascinating character.

Boba Fett (or Han Solo) would've been grounded and gritty. Another body horror story about a group of young people discovering their powers. That's the only plot Trank has. After that, he's all out of ideas. A one-hit wonder.

At this point I could entertain the idea that Trank quit only because he knew that LucasFilms would've dropped him once this came to light. Which is still an epic fail IMO.

He could've tried just holing up in a tent until the bad buzz passed.

Man, they can make an entire mini-series about the behind-the-scenes drama alone. Trank seems lika a fascinating character.

Or if not that, someone could make a parody film based on this production with a Trank-like director going off the boil and wreaking havoc in the same way.

If the "Doomed" documentary behind the Corman film has been released, then hopefully one day we'll get a follow up called "Tranked".

Or if not that, someone could make a parody film based on this production with a Trank-like director going off the boil and wreaking havoc in the same way.

If the "Doomed" documentary behind the Corman film has been released, then hopefully one day we'll get a follow up called "Tranked".

That's a good title. Have Jake Johnson re-enact his scenes, we might onto be something here :hehe:

This crap is back to 8% on RT by the way...
Just a lil bit more to overtake Supergirl.
You can do it FOX, you can doooo iiiiitt!

The biggest problem with this film is that it's script seems like an emo fanfic version of the F4. Damn you Tumblr!

Clearly the wrong movie was called Trainwreck this summer.

"So I saw that train wreck movie everyone keeps talking about."
"Oh how was Lebron? Heard he was funny"
"He was ok. Not sure why he was able to set himself on fire though."

"So I saw that train wreck movie everyone keeps talking about."
"Oh how was Lebron? Heard he was funny"
"He was ok. Not sure why he was able to set himself on fire though."

Just wait. There will one day be an actor named Lebron B James just like we got Michael B Jordan. :o

Apparently there's a bit of a fan community for Super Mario Bros.: The Movie. Seriously, fans have tracked down early scripts and everything. I hear there's been a movement to track down anything they can find on previously unused scenes (possibly with the intention of actually making a "director's cut"?). This includes some weird rap scene.

My God, that's going to happen with this film in a few years, isn't it? Somebody will literally try to make "The Trank Cut" with the Fantasticar and Operation Dumb Thing Drop scenes added back.

Apparently there's a bit of a fan community for Super Mario Bros.: The Movie. Seriously, fans have tracked down early scripts and everything. I hear there's been a movement to track down anything they can find on previously unused scenes (possibly with the intention of actually making a "director's cut"?). This includes some weird rap scene.

My God, that's going to happen with this film in a few years, isn't it? Somebody will literally try to make "The Trank Cut" with the Fantasticar and Operation Dumb Thing Drop scenes added back.

I would not be surprised if Josh Trank perhaps leaks his original cut somewhere down the line

The thing drop seemed like it would've been a cool aspect of the movie however off or stupid it may actually be. I'd actually be interested in seeing just that scene tbh.

Saw this today (it was discount day). This movie felt like an unfinished film. There really is no middle. If there is, it was five minutes at most. Unbelievable.

Also, "We need to stop Victor, he is the source!" had the worst line delivery I've ever heard in a big movie like this.

Last edited:
... I thought VV was even underwhelmed with the movie, though.

Um... if this is a masochism thing, isn't hitting your hand with a hammer cheaper?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"