Fant4stic: Reborn! - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 32

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's all the supporters of FFINO seem to think he is. "It's orange and rock like, ou guys should be happy!"

According to your train of though Ben Grim was killed by Thor in The Dark World...

Nah don't worry, the rest of us are not trying to convince people on the other side of the argument.

As if Thing wearing pants somehow makes him the Thing from the comics and meet your expectations. There is much more to it than just pants.

Even if he did wear pants, I am sure you will end up hating him anyway. As far as I know, most of you are not happy with the way Thing's CG looks.

It is obvious, which was already pointed out by C.Lee, that your motive is simply to argue. Everyone's point has been made....so simply move on.
Actually he said it sounds to him like that's my motive. An unfair assumption to be sure and easy to understand, given my own assumption of his own motives here.
Secondly, my actual motive was to get a clarification on dude's assertion for it was a pretty bold one, to see if he really meant that or if it was a gaff that I could ignore. And yes, my point was made, if he wanted to reply that would be his prerogative, if didn't then that would be that.
Not sure what your timely injection added.

Lastly, pretty sure this topic of what defines the thing and a valid interpretation of the character is far from over, so why decide to quiet it after my post is, odd. That being, if you don't want me to respond to his posts on the matter sure, though looking around I'm still seeing the topic discussed.

Last edited:
Nah don't worry, the rest of us are not trying to convince people on the other side of the argument.

As if Thing wearing pants somehow makes him the Thing from the comics and satisfy your expectations. There is much more to it than just pants.

Even if he did wear pants, I am sure you will end up hating him anyway. As far as I know, most of you are not happy with the way Thing's CG looks.

Well he's not wearing pants so your statement is nowhere near absolute.. If you knew the character like most of us do you would know that a Pants less Ben Grimm is unacceptable. Tim Story even knew that. in fact he gave him too much Pants but Tim (and Chikalis) got Ben Grimm, the character, right for all he got wrong

Read the whole line again. I said people will end up hating the Thing even if he wear pants because many of you hate the way he looks anyway..

You are talking about something else. I am not saying him wearing pants is the culprit. I am sure pants would have been a better deal if this movie wasn't "FFINO" and is the FF you expected. But since it is FFINO and CG sucks, pants won't help much.

Last edited:
Thing being pantless isn't even the biggest problem with him. The biggest problem seems to be that he's a mopey, expressionless mute the entire movie.

Thing being pantless isn't even the biggest problem with him. The biggest problem seems to be that he's a mopey, expressionless mute the entire movie.

I know we are both on the opposite sides of the argument but Thank you. I am more concerned about his emotions/behavior than this pants.

Maybe the after credit scene is Thing getting a pair of pants.

Were guessing on that one based on pics but the problem we know for sure is that he's comfortable on a nude beach

I know we are both on the opposite sides of the argument but Thank you. I am more concerned about his emotions/behavior than this pants.

Yeah, Im not even upset over pants because Im so disappointed with the way everything else looks.

There are bigger issues than Thing not wearing pants, but when virtually EVERYTHING about the movie looks horrible it just ends up being another item to add to the pile. Most fans would be willing to overlook it if the movie got a bunch of other things right, but we haven't seen anything close to that.

^^^^^^ Right out my mind

To me this whole production is disrespectful to those/us LONG TIME fans of the FF

There are bigger issues than Thing not wearing pants, but when virtually EVERYTHING about the movie looks horrible it just ends up being another item to add to the pile. Most fans would be willing to overlook it if the movie got a bunch of other things right, but we haven't seen anything close to that.
Hardly an excuse for being unreasonable. There are bigger issues, but when fans come down everything equally and to extremes, it starts to paint a more vivid picture of them as opposed to the film. Memes about the internet ensue.

A movie we've supposedly seen nothing of and has been hidden from us marketing wise.

That's all the supporters of FFINO seem to think he is. "It's orange and rock like, ou guys should be happy!"

According to your train of though Ben Grim was killed by Thor in The Dark World...

You omitted 'characterization' to support your argument. Just because he isn't wearing pants doesn't mean he's not struggling with his humanity. It's probably pointless to argue around here.

Actually he said it sounds to him like that's my motive. An unfair assumption to be sure and easy to understand, given my own assumption of his own motives here.
Secondly, my actual motive was to get a clarification on dude's assertion for it was a pretty bold one, to see if he really meant that or if it was a gaff that I could ignore. And yes, my point was made, if he wanted to reply that would be his prerogative, if didn't then that would be that.
Not sure what your timely injection added.

Lastly, pretty sure this topic of what defines the thing and a valid interpretation of the character is far from over, so why decide to quiet it after my post is, odd. That being, if you don't want me to respond to his posts on the matter sure, though looking around I'm still seeing the topic discussed.

Sorry - You picked an odd thing to fixate on IMO. I felt I replied clearly enough but I guess I didn't do a good job of that. However, I just don't see the point in arguing this further.

It amazes me how this horrid rendition of the Thing is getting such a passionate defense. I mean come on - he looks ridiculous! Add in the colorless palette, Kate Mara's ludicrous wig, the bizarre no frills brand fetish costumes featuring Miles Teller in thigh high stockings. You can't make this stuff up. It's hilarious!

I desperately want to like this movie, but then I see things like this and realize my favorite character of all time is poorly designed, poorly rendered and unintentionally humorous.

61FXkBJ.gif

Even if I wasn't a long-time FF fan, this would look objectively bad to me. There's nothing here that works. Especially the thing, a character I once thought looked the best out of all of them.

You omitted 'characterization' to support your argument. Just because he isn't wearing pants doesn't mean he's not struggling with his humanity. It's probably pointless to argue around here.

OK, let's forget about Ben's missing pants. In their infinite wisdom, Trank and Kinberg changed tough, burly, former gang leader, college football star and test pilot to a slight, bullied, baseball player. They've taken a Marvel A lister, one of the all time greats and thrown away virtually everything about him that makes him special, including his modesty. They've rendered a character with the best personality in comics into a mute. It's an absolute disgrace.

Last edited:
OK, let's forget about Ben's missing pants. In their infinite wisdom, Trank and Kinberg changed tough, burly, former gang leader, college football star and test pilot to a slight, bullied, baseball player. They've taken a Marvel A lister, one of the all time greats and thrown away virtually everything about him that makes him special, including his modesty. It's an absolute disgrace.

Not just his modesty, but his dignity as well. He looks laughable. The Thing is supposed to be this intimidating brute, a monster, but it looks like I'm watching a video game cut scene.

Actually he said it sounds to him like that's my motive.

Since I apparently didn't make myself clear to you, let me try again.....I (C. Lee....an Administrator at the SHH and a poster that is a fan of the FANTASTIC FOUR) believe that your motive for posting in this forum is to create and continue arguments for arguments sake. I am convinced you are a troll that scourers various forums on here looking for a hot issue that you can then argue the contrary point of view of.

OK, let's forget about Ben's missing pants. In their infinite wisdom, Trank and Kinberg changed tough, burly, former gang leader, college football star and test pilot to a slight, bullied, baseball player. They've taken a Marvel A lister, one of the all time greats and thrown away virtually everything about him that makes him special, including his modesty. It's an absolute disgrace.

Yeah never mind the friggin pants. That's an aesthetic thing that could have easily been included but whatever.

They completely changed the character because, literally, they liked their idea better. There's a quote from Kinberg saying they thought THEIR version was "more interesting."

Eff them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"