F'dup Chapters in American History(The Trump Years) - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 27

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have no faith in this administration being able to reunite children with their parents. They can barely find their own butts with a flashlight and google maps. I don’t know how a child recovers from this psychologically.

And no, Obama did not separate families like the current administration is doing.

http://www.politifact.com/punditfac...ald-trumps-separation-immigrant-families-was/

Denise Gilman, a law professor who directs the immigration clinic at the University of Texas School of Law, said immigration attorneys "occasionally" saw separated families under the Obama administration.

"However, these families were usually reunited quite quickly once identified," she said, "even if that meant release of a parent from adult detention."

Last edited:
It's the perfect storm of cruelty, indifference, and incompetence.

I like many others, thought getting through Trump's presidency would suck. But you'd be able to manage it. I honestly never realized how willing they'd be to attack children. Babies. With their healthcare policies and now this. Children are trying to survive this presidency.

zFlMdQTl.jpg

I think it's time.

You guys DO realize these illegal immigration policies were in place during the Obama adminstration right? Where was your outrage then?

You guys DO realize these illegal immigration policies were in place during the Obama adminstration right? Where was your outrage then?

I have no faith in this administration being able to reunite children with their parents. They can barely find their own butts with a flashlight and google maps. I don’t know how a child recovers from this psychologically.

And no, Obama did not separate families like the current administration is doing.

http://www.politifact.com/punditfac...ald-trumps-separation-immigrant-families-was/

These policies were not in place. And ICE were bad under Obama, but now the restrictions are off the gestapo.

NBC News - Trump admin discussed separating moms, kids to deter asylum-seekers in Feb. 2017
Notes from a DHS meeting show it was one of the methods discussed for discouraging asylum-seekers.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/im...ng-moms-kids-deter-asylum-seekers-feb-n884371

NBC News - Fact check: Did Obama administration separate families?
This claim, from DHS Secretary Kirstjen Nielsen and conservative commentators, is false, according to immigration advocates and former officials.

https://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/i...bama-administration-separate-families-n884856

Snopes - Was the ‘Law to Separate Families’ Passed in 1997 or ‘by Democrats’?

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/was-law-separate-families-passed-1997/

The Washington Post - The facts about Trump’s policy of separating families at the border

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...-policy-of-separating-families-at-the-border/

Good to see Republicans and Democrats in Virginia, Maryland (Hogan), New Hampshire (Sununu), Connecticut, Rhode Island, North Carolina refusing to send troops to the border to help Trump's inhuman policy. It's nice to have a little hope. Even though it won't make a difference to the policy, it's nice to see people on both sides show a little humanity.

When will Trump supporters stop using this "fake news" to justify this inhumane practice of separating children from their parents?

What disgusts me is that Ryan and McConnell are already planning on poison pilling a legislative solution so that they can blame the Democrats when they don't buy the autocratic ******** that is going to go into this.

Cruz's bill is ********. The one in the House has provisions for unlimited detainment and preventing the states from allowing such facilities for kids requiring licenses. Because what could go wrong when a child detention center is run without guidelines.

Before firing off this kinda stuff please do your research. Hard to have a debate with someone who just belches conservative talking points.

"You can't be angry at Trump doing this because Obama did THAT."

Get real.

You know, some day I hope to get a Trump supporter to explain to me how one person doing a bad thing is justification for another person doing a bad thing.

If I can get just one of them to see the logical fallacy I think it'll make me a little bit happier.

When will Trump supporters stop using this "fake news" to justify this inhumane practice of separating children from their parents?

It's disturbing how many people just accept everything Trump says as the gospel truth. Especially when he's such a well known liar. How many times has this diversionary tactic been proven false? "But Obama!" Or maybe Obama really is wire tapping his microwave.

I thought this administration got off on doing the opposite of what Obama did, so shouldn’t they not be separating kids from parents if they think he did it?

Unless.... they know he really didn’t and are still doing the opposite!

So now I ran across a couple of guys watching a news story on all this, and they started laughing when the audio was played of the kids crying and the agent saying they needed a conductor for the music. The guys laughed and said, “F- those kids, I love it.”

This is our world. I’m ashamed to see so many people like this thinking this is their time to “shine” publicly now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"