Female Hype Members

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've never been fond of a "gift certificate" when in regards to a partner. There something in terms of a coldness and unfamiliarity especially with someone you are suppose to be intimate with. Gift certificates are at best a secondary gift if I ever do get one.

Some good suggestions. Honestly, the cooking would be great save one problem... heh... I have no idea how. You know that one thing that everyone has that other people think is just stupid... mine is my inate hatred of preparing food. I will sit and wait 5 hours hungry for my wife to get home to make dinner before I'd make a sandwich. It's not a "woman's place" thing, just a thing.

So me making dinner would be great... I'd just have to learn how to cook real fast :)

And I've tried the christmas list thing and she never knows what to ask for. I'll ask again though and see if this year's any differance.

My thing is I love buying random unpredictable but sentimental things, like knicknacks having to do with us, snowglobes and such, but she doesn't care for that type of thing.

I'll just keep looking, but I'll try the christmas list idea.

And Erz.... not only does she hate Jewelry... she informed me when we were dating that sweetest day is the dumbest holiday ever and we aren't celebrating it. Oh, and she hates spending money. What a woman!

Last edited:
You say she doesn't like clothes because of her job. What about pajamas? A comfy new pair of pajamas, soft slippers, a robe, and a fragrant bath set could make a thoughtful relaxation gift.

That's not a bad idea at all actually. She does love getting cozy and usually wears my pajama bottoms. Hmmmmm.

Are you sure she has no hobbies or interests, or is she just too busy to be actively engaged with any of them? After my brother and I moved out, I discovered my mom had interest in music, but she never really expressed it while she was busy raising us.

She really doesn't. I've tried to help her get into things and she just doesn't. People would give her money and I'd try to help her find something she'd like to spend it on for herself and she always ends up spending it on the kids. She really has nothing and it drives me nuts!

As far as cooking, Hobb, Youtube has a ton of user-friendly videos that you could follow! It would be a great sentimental gift :)

^ The youtube videos are indeed helpful, and I taught myself to cook by using allrecipes.com. Many recipes there plus tons of user reviews that tell you what worked and what needed to be changed. If you really just can't handle cooking, order takeout, put it on your nice dishes, dispose of evidence (containers), and say, "Welcome home, honey. Look at the wonderful meal I've prepared!" :funny:

You said she doesn't like sentimental trinkets, but what about pictures of the kids? As a surprise, you could dress them up and get a portrait of them done at a studio or by a friend who's good with photography. Or maybe she'd like a pretty photo album filled with their pictures over the years or a scrapbook kit to make one herself?

Cooking is no big thing. It's just like chemistry. but you get to eat the results!

I agree with everyone on the cooking thing. If you find a recipe to follow (you can search for ones specifically for beginners), it's really not hard at all to do it. Just take it one step at a time and follow the instructions and before you know it, you'll have a lovely home-cooked meal. Also, because you said you really hate cooking, it might show her that you're doing something special for her that you don't normally do.

I love the "relaxation gift" idea, with the lotions/PJ's/slippers. It sounds really nice :)

Does she like bubble baths? You could buy her some really nice bath things, some candles, and make a cd of her favorite music. Then take the kids elsewhere for the evening and have an alone night with just the two of you.

Cooking is no big thing. It's just like chemistry. but you get to eat the results!
:up: Exactly how I feel about cooking!

Although it's more like biology because you have a bit of leeway in the measuring. :oldrazz:

The only thing about cooking a meal is because of the holiday is it really a gift?

Unless he is cooking Christmas dinner, making dinner is usually for a birthday, anniversary, valentine's day or usually just doing something special for a date.

And Erz.... not only does she hate Jewelry... she informed me when we were dating that sweetest day is the dumbest holiday ever and we aren't celebrating it. Oh, and she hates spending money. What a woman!
:lmao: That sounds JUST like the women in my family, including me. We buy each other cute/funny books or knickknacks instead, although gifts don't mean that much to me. It's better if you go somewhere together for a holiday experience instead. My bf's really good at picking out nice bed and breakfasts, so let him do that to pamper me. :yay:

I do the girly thing and knit him cold weather accessories, and he really does use them when it's cold. :funny: This Christmas I'm either going to get him noise-cancelling headphones (he hates traveling because of the noise) or a wallet because his is on its way out. I have this ability to see what people need and then get them that for special occasions, although I usually end up buying gift cards for my parents because they really don't need anything more in their house.

My bf tried buying me roses once, early in our relationship. It was sweet, but after I tried to put them in a vase and a lot of the heads fell off (they were cheap :o ), I think he got the picture that I didn't care for flowers. :funny:

Thanks for the ideas guys. Definately some stuff for me to consider. I do like the relaxation ideas though not the bubble bath. My wife kinda has a thing about baths... she feels like she's lying in her own filth so she hates them. But the pajamas, relaxation stuff... I can work some magic there. I'm definately going to consider that.

And the cooking idea is growing on me. It wouldn't be ON Christmas, as we'll be eating at her family's house and we have a tradition of going to the movies Christmas night since we really can't go much throughout the year. Just a big family thing with the kids. But I can surprise her and cook on Christmas Eve or the night previous depending on work and all that.

:lmao: That sounds JUST like the women in my family, including me. We buy each other cute/funny books or knickknacks instead, although gifts don't mean that much to me. It's better if you go somewhere together for a holiday experience instead. My bf's really good at picking out nice bed and breakfasts, so let him do that to pamper me. :yay:

I do the girly thing and knit him cold weather accessories, and he really does use them when it's cold. :funny: This Christmas I'm either going to get him noise-cancelling headphones (he hates traveling because of the noise) or a wallet because his is on its way out. I have this ability to see what people need and then get them that for special occasions, although I usually end up buying gift cards for my parents because they really don't need anything more in their house.

My bf tried buying me roses once, early in our relationship. It was sweet, but after I tried to put them in a vase and a lot of the heads fell off (they were cheap :o ), I think he got the picture that I didn't care for flowers. :funny:

That's great! My wife told me when we were dating that she thought flowers were pointless. Then about a year ago she told me sometimes she likes getting just nice flowers. I plan on getting her a bouquet of flowers but i want something more to go with that and maybe the dinner with the flowers layed out could be nice. Maybe have the girls surprise her with them.

It could be that she said that about flowers to make herself sound cool to me... kinda like how she said she LOOOOVED reading and would read everything I gave her... until the day after we were married and she confessed that she hates reading and won't be reading anything ever again.

Chance would have it that randomly years later she'd read Harry Potter and get sucked into it and now loves to read for real. I guess she thought my stuff sucked (mostly the Left Behind series at the time).

Hmmm...she loves HP, eh?

Buy her the Percy Jackson and the Olympians series.

Heh, I want to buy that for me. It sounds good. :)

But she's picky on what she reads. It has to be something SHE wants to read at the time she wants to read it. And she has no desire to own books. If she's read it and liked it, she figures she's already read it, why have it take up space (unlike me, who likes to own everything I've ever read and even mediocrely liked).

What did she like to do in her spare time before you two got married?

haha, that sounds so mean. 'what in gods name attracted you to her'

i know you didnt mean it like that though :heart:

Nah, I'm trying to dig for things that he can get her based on her personal qualities lol. The best gifts are often based on things the other person would never think to remember.

Nah, I'm trying to dig for things that he can get her based on her personal qualities lol. The best gifts are often based on things the other person would never think to remember.

:up:

If there was one thing that she mentioned she likes that you remember from a long ass time ago and you bring it up, you are in like Flint.

What attracted you to her?

BABY GOT BACK!!!

Just kidding... she was a twig.

I was attracted to her because unlike so many girls I'd meet she was very modest in mind and appearance, quiet, shy, and shared all my religious beliefs. She was very sweet when she started actually speaking to me and when the inner sarcasm started pouring forth I was won over.

It took me a while to get her to open up to me but we clicked from day one.

Heh, funny story. Her family moved to my church in 2000. I had graduated highschool a year previous and she was just about to. My group of friends befriended her and her sister and we found out that she had JUST got hired at my workplace and was starting that next day. So going to church together 3 or more times a week and working together 3 or more days a week and we quickly fell for each other.

It was later that I found out that she had a crush on me during highschool but I had no idea who she was and that after I graduated she kinda kept an eye out for me around town. She saw me at my workplace once and applied just to work with me. Her coming to my church was just a very pleasant surprise. So to this day I call her my stalker :) She went on to temporarilly blind me in a car accident leading up to my proposing to her, so she eventually became my stalker who enacted "marry me or die."

:)

We're fun.

If there was one thing that she mentioned she likes that you remember from a long ass time ago and you bring it up, you are in like Flint.

I've been rooting my memory for this type of stuff like mad, but sadly, the car accident that blinded me (mentioned above) also screwed up my memory :(

We've not done squat for each other for years due to putting the kids and family first and I want to make this Christmas special for her... unfortunately being raised by an uncaring Drug/Drunk doesn't allow for me to learn HOW to do that exactly.

Heh, I'm writing a romance novel and I can't figure out how to be romantic for Christmas. Maybe I should go back to writing fantasy :D

Could you get her something religion-related?

Yeah, I've been thinking about that but am striking out. Religious nicnack stuff wouldn't interest her. She's been wanting a new Bible but that's something she'd like to pick out herself (I'm that way too though). She isn't into art or framed pictures or anything.

"Merry Christmas baby, I got you the Holy Ghost!" and then smack the crap out of her forehead, maybe throw a jacket on her.... what do you think?! :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"