• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

Iron Fist Fight scene choreogrpahy

Sundancer

Cynicist
Reaction score
I think Iron Fist has more to live up in this area than any other hero. I'm really hoping to see more art than choppy editing. Thankfully, it seems we might be able to get away with it since Daredevil is doing well with an MA rating, and that restricted rating is one reason why fight scenes are not done in long takes in movies. The scenes in the DC of the Daredevil movie looked much smoother than the PG-13.

However, so far I've only watched 3 episodes of Daredevil and

The only fight scene I thought was very cool was when he rescued the kidnapped boy from the Russians. The long takes, the fatigue from hero and villains...it felt real and looked great

Last edited:
Iron Fists fights should be The Raid level good, that's what I'm hoping for at least. Daredevil came close a couple times, they just have to go a step further with Iron Fist.

Iron fist has the added benefit of the glowing fist which is visually exciting like a lightsabre duel so I'm sure they could top even the fantastic fights in daredevil.

I'm probably the only one who wants to see some more wuxia type action as well especially if they introduce tigers beautiful daughter and crane mother as well as the others

I'm hesitant. Iron Fist and Luke Cage, for the most part, fit a PG-13ish blockbuster type nature in their storytelling (or at least moreso than Daredevil and Jessica Jones). There have been grim-n-gritty takes on them, but for the most part they are ****. Which is why I don't think some of the more brutal nature of certain scenes of DD really fits their types of stories (or at least some aspects of it, because I think Luke Cage has to touch on racial profiling and police corruption, but that's a story for the Luke Cage thread).

It doesn't have to be gritty to be good. Some Jackie Chan movies and The Matrix are R because of the amount of violence shown, not how bloody or vicious they are.

Yeah and to be honest I think the Bruce Lee/Jackie chan style fights are more exciting than the raid type fights where it's as bloody and gory as possible

I too would like something like Bruce Lee. Infact I want Iron Fist to basically be Marvel's tribute to Bruce Lee. Atleast in terms of fighting style.

I too would like something like Bruce Lee. Infact I want Iron Fist to basically be Marvel's tribute to Bruce Lee. Atleast in terms of fighting style.

isn't that SHANG-CHI's job ?

I dom't know, I just became an Iron Fist fan bout a week ago.

I hope Netflix still has a relationship with the people that produced Marco Polo. Not only did they have amazing sets that can be re-purposed for KunLun, but they had a pretty good fight choreographer too.

He was, wasn't he? Well, in a way anyway.

I read back in the 70's Marvel was trying to cash in on the blaxploitation and kung fu movie hype at that time and created Luke Cage and Iron Fist for that reason.

Basically, Cage is Shaft, Misty Knight is Pam Grier, and Danny Rand is like a white Bruce Lee.

Anyway, I think the fight scenes are going to make or break this show. Given the fact that Iron Fist was created as a kind of response to the popularity of kung fu flicks out of Hong Kong at the time, I hope the fight scenes have a nice Golden Harvest/Bruce Lee feel to them.

Really, I hope the whole series does. I'm hoping something similar to Kill Bill Vol. 1 which was really just an homage to all those 70's kung fu and exploitations movies. I hope the Iron Fist series can do that, but without ripping anything off.

Maybe I'm expecting too much from this series.

Yes yes and yes. I really hope they take the fight scenes up another level for Iron fist, considering his powers and skill set revolve around martial arts. I'm a bit of fight choreography snob. Grew up with Jackie Chang, Donnie Yen, Samo Hung, Jet Li, Wo ping choreography before and after the Matrix made it cool. And more recently Tony Jaa's Ong bak, and even Scott Adkins Undisputed series. I would say I probably have an unfairly high standard for fight scenes, but I know it's possible for the US TV to pull it off because Enter the Badlands nailed it perfectly.

I hope they hire someone that knows how to shoot a fight scene without a hundred different cuts. A great fight scene can get ruined if it's not shot right.

Yes yes and yes. I really hope they take the fight scenes up another level for Iron fist, considering his powers and skill set revolve around martial arts. I'm a bit of fight choreography snob. Grew up with Jackie Chang, Donnie Yen, Samo Hung, Jet Li, Wo ping choreography before and after the Matrix made it cool. And more recently Tony Jaa's Ong bak, and even Scott Adkins Undisputed series. I would say I probably have an unfairly high standard for fight scenes, but I know it's possible for the US TV to pull it off because Enter the Badlands nailed it perfectly.

I hope they hire someone that knows how to shoot a fight scene without a hundred different cuts. A great fight scene can get ruined if it's not shot right.
i'll say

I am sure the fights will be good. Look at what we have seen in dd so far and jessica jones. Plus i do recall they already hired the fights person. Blanking on there name but it was someone with good fight back history on tv and film. So i am sure fights wont disapoint.

Brett Chan is the stunt co-ordinator for Iron Fist and he is known for Marco Polo. I have not watched that show so i am not familiar with his work.

well i have heard good things from that show. So i doubt we have anything to worry about on fighting.

I love the fight and stunt choreography in Daredevil. So I hope the people for Iron Fist will bring their A-game. Hopefully fights are better than the ones in Jessica Jones.

I love the fight and stunt choreography in Daredevil. So I hope the people for Iron Fist will bring their A-game. Hopefully fights are better than the ones in Jessica Jones.

That won't be very hard, since the fights in Jessica Jones sucked ass...

But I hope they don't aim that low. Daredevil has the best fight scenes in the MCU so far, and since Iron Fist is supposed to be one of the best fighters among the Marvel superheroes, I really hope they aim as high as the Daredevil fight scenes, if not higher.

I hope for something even better than Captain America and Daredevil!

Well I have heard good things from that show. So I doubt we have anything to worry about on fighting.

What a relief to hear about that. Iron Fist needs to take a notch higher than DD and I think they'll do just that.

I think they should have more karate film inspired figh scenes. Not anything over the top wire stunt. But true Kung Fu 24/7 in every fight scene.

Brett Chan is the stunt co-ordinator for Iron Fist and he is known for Marco Polo. I have not watched that show so i am not familiar with his work.

Im actually watching Marco Polo for the first time right now. Hard not to imagine parts of it as being like Iron Fist, tbh.

I am hoping the fight choreography is Into The Badlands level, both in quality and style.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"