Firefly's Fillion Moves into Castle

Status
Not open for further replies.
So instead of the bomb plot.... We have Reed Richards putting the moves on Beckett.....

Oh well, as long as they don't cancel the showing of that episode entirely, that's okay. I just hope it doesn't contradict any continuity by showing the episodes out of order like that.

They aren't dropping the episode Dark Raven.... Just switching the order around so it airs next week instead of tomorrow...

^ I know that. Hence why I said I hope it doesn't contradict the continuity by showing the episodes out of order. :)

Stana tweeted after the news came out that chronology will be off.

There is a simple fix to that. Record them both and then watch them in order the following week.

So wait TWO WEEKS without an episode!?!?

Well you managed it for two weeks before last Monday's one.

There is a simple fix to that. Record them both and then watch them in order the following week.

I haven't been watching them on Monday anyways so I will probably do this.

I believe that this last week there was no rerun due to the Boston bombing.

Finally caught up. I recorded the entire fifth season up until now and watched them all this weekend. Enjoyed it a lot. This might be my favorite season yet. Hoping it goes out with a bang. As long as that bang doesn't break up Castle and Beckett, that would suck. :p

As much as it pains me I think I will skip this weeks and watch them both next week, at least Arrow is back this week.

There's a fair few Castle fans thinking the same thing, this could be the worst rating episode of the entire run....

I think I'll be watching it actually. I can't imagine them being so stupid to switch 2 episodes that would screw up the chronology big time. And if they do, well, then there will be pain. :argh:

Ratings don't look like they've suffered. It's important to remember that those that are obsessed enough to talk online are not the majority of viewers, just a teeny tiny fraction :)

I'm still wondering if I wait and watch them in the original order or not. Was there anything that was glaring in terms of continuity from the events in 'Still' ?

I didn't notice any continuity errors.

I was loving this episode. Castle's jealous overreacting was, actually not overreacting, quite warranted. Kate's doubts had me thinking back to earlier episodes when they were talking about "the bubble bursting" and I was thinking "Kate's bubble can't possibly be bursting so soon!" which is a shame cause Castle's bubble is still floating on Cloud 9.

I just have a feeling tptb are going to use this to split Caskett up for a while until they both agree on how much commitment they want. I'd rather they didn't, I'd rather this all comes out and they're forced to deal with it together, but you know how shows go...

Yeah, I decided to watch it... And it did irritate me as well, specially with what we know of Still and the original airing order....

Surprised there was no Fantastic Four gag in the episode at all, unless Fox demanded they refrain, it's strange they'd avoid using one.

Gotta have a bit of angst in Castle I guess.... *bangs head against the wall*

Think I might still stick it out and wait. I mean this episode has a post stepped on a bomb Kate so there has to be some relationship evolution between Castle and Beckett. Maybe having a near death experience (I'm assuming that's what she will see the bomb thing as) will have her question if she really wants to be with Richard which would lead nicely into this weeks.

It was a good ep, hard to tell if Kate's misgivings are a result of what happens in 'Still' but I don't think so as she seemed perfectly happy at the start. I think they were brought about by the questions Vaughn asked her, the ones she has avoided asking herself.

My bet is rather than split them up, the season ends with Castle asking her to marry him.

It was a good ep, hard to tell if Kate's misgivings are a result of what happens in 'Still' but I don't think so as she seemed perfectly happy at the start. I think they were brought about by the questions Vaughn asked her, the ones she has avoided asking herself.

My bet is rather than split them up, the season ends with Castle asking her to marry him.

I don't know... Wouldn't that make everything even more complicated at work? I mean, Gates still doesn't know and can't find out or they won't be able to work together anymore, so wouldn't it be very suspicious for them to show up one day and both wearing a wedding ring?

Don't get me wrong, I'd love it if they took the next step with the Caskett-relationship, but a proposal maybe seems a little too soon...

I decided to watch this week's too. I think maybe there isn't a major continuity error, but perhaps just in terms of the state of their relationship. The bomb episode would go back to Beckett not having questions about the direction of their relationship and all would seem well, whereas the week after she goes back to wondering where they're going with this, which would seem inconsistent.

I could see a marriage eventually, but maybe Castle has to come to a place where he realises he wants that (he's already been married twice whereas Beckett hasn't), and maybe a break up might occur before he comes to that realisation.

Castle not dropping everything and flying to half-naked Beckett seemed way too out of character for him, even with this "taken for granted" story. I think just having Vaughn pop up in the episode and have Castle over-react and get jealous would made more sense. And Beckett then trying to have "the talk" mid-romantic-moment (in a very vague way, at that) seemed pretty poorly planned, too. I mean, at this point I can't really see them breaking up (having spent 4 years just to get them together), and this sort of tension just comes across as manufactured rather than a natural occurrence.

Good episode overall though, was expecting Vaughn to turn out to be the villain. Castle admitting to being jealous was hilarious, as was Beckett's little jabs at him. :hehe:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joelschmole
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"