"Flame On!" The Human Torch Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Your source?

My official Johnny Storm pick:

Dave-Franco-dave-franco-19179712-441-600.jpg

Dave Franco

Last edited:
My wife just made a suggestion for Johnny that is both nauseating . . . and intriguing. Are you ready for this?

JustinBiebershirt.jpg

Okay, now go rinse the vomit out of your mouth, brush your teeth . . .

. . . and then stop and really think about it.

For Johnny Storm? Nah.

He might make for a good Crystal, though. :o

For Johnny Storm? Nah.

He might make for a good Crystal, though. :o

:hehe:

I should probably tell more of the story. I was saying to my wife: "I can't think of any good actors to play Johnny in the next FF film."

She commented that she liked Chris Evans, but I said that I thought he was too cool and smooth. He was okay for an older Johnny, but I wanted somebody who could play a younger Johnny who was still just a kid when he suddenly gained those amazing powers and fame. I told her he should probably be sort of annoying in the first film and grow and mature in later films.

That's when she suggested Justin Bieber . . . just to piss me off. But when I thought about it, I thought the Johnny in the first film probably should have a touch of Justin Bieber.

But it should be an actor who can play it a bit Bieberish in the beginning and cooler in the later films. For all we know, the real Justin Bieber may be just as annoying or more 5 years from now.

Have you seen Bieber act? His episode of SNL was just plain awful.
I would say that's maybe a pretty good prototype for the kind of character you want for Johnny, though...

My wife just made a suggestion for Johnny that is both nauseating . . . and intriguing. Are you ready for this?

JustinBiebershirt.jpg

Okay, now go rinse the vomit out of your mouth, brush your teeth . . .

. . . and then stop and really think about it.
We may dislike him, but in a way he's the closest to a real life Johny Storm :oldrazz:

I just wish he would pull his pants up, that just looks stupid.

Johnny as a Bieber-like pop culture sensation is what I would see him being. Including the public back lash amongst some. He should be presented as an under 21yrs old. He should be a kid so that him being flippant and, well, immature has a context. I like that better than, "Johnny is just a dumb as a rock egoist", wich too many versions of the character comes off as. Flippant and young does not automatically translate as "mean spirited and dumb". Are you reading this MAN OF ACTION? If Johnny is brash or headstrong it should be a part of his character, not just "Hey, we need a one liner", or "We need somebody to do something wrong or stupid to move the plot along."

Wasn't it revealed that Johny was going to be portrayed by a black actor?

I am surprising the hell out of myself when I state: Bring on Jordan. As long as a Sue's actress also is afro american.

If you want a younger looking Human Torch fine, but get an actual actor. No dumb Bieber. Dave Franco would be a great choice.

Well, in real life i'm not sure if Johny would be a bieber or a justin timberlake

I think he's a longshot, but I really like Hunter Parrish for this. Outside of Weeds, he hasn't done that much, but he showed a lot of range on that show. He looks right, has talent, and wouldn't be expensive. That's kind of what you want in an ensemble film.

hunter-parrish-weeds-season-8-i10.jpg

hunter-parrish-weeds-season-8-i4.jpg

I might get flack for this...but I think Zac Efron would be good for Johnny Storm. He was funny in 17 Again and good in Me and Orson Welles. I'd give him a shot.

I might get flack for this...but I think Zac Efron would be good for Johnny Storm. He was funny in 17 Again and good in Me and Orson Welles. I'd give him a shot.

People often seem to cast Johnny much older than I think of him as. Is this because the idea of him going on a space shot as a teen is just too incredulous? So therefore older Johnny?

I think he's a good actor, but i'm not sure he should be Johny.
People often seem to cast Johnny much older than I think of him as. Is this because the idea of him going on a space shot as a teen is just too incredulous? So therefore older Johnny?
I'm not sure what you're trying to say over here, are you expecting a teen to go to a space trip? Either way it's comon to cast actors in their 20s for roles as teens, Andrew Garfield was 10 years older than the role he was playing.

I really just want to know if the block people come up against for casting a young Johnny is that they feel the 16yr old going to space is to out there?

Justin Bieber Going To Space With Richard Branson's Virgin Galactic

Justin Bieber is the latest celebrity to sign up to head to space following the NASA cuts over the last few years. He will be joining Richard Branson's Virgin A-list space team of Ashton Kutcher and Leonardo DiCaprio in what will probably be a mission to explore the galaxy and help us find out more about the universe around us. Or maybe they'll just find this slice of pizza.

Justin Bieber paid $250,000 to be a modern-day Ferdinand Magellan but that's only .2% of his estimated $110 million net worth so it's kind of like when you splurge on getting some ice cream. At least Bieber will only get that gross space ice cream. Now all we need is a kickstarter to make Bowie in Space a reality.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/06/06/justin-bieber-space_n_3396025.html

I really just want to know if the block people come up against for casting a young Johnny is that they feel the 16yr old going to space is to out there?

I just dont see the point of making JOhnny that young. Im not saying it would be bad if they did but I think anywhere from late teens to mind 20s is fine for Johnny. It's more about how the character acts then his age

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"