Michael B Jordan is "Flame On!" The Human Torch - Part 2

I find it funny that there's just no rivalry between Johnny and Ben, though Johnny doesn't know Ben until literaly right before they decide to go to the N-zone, but yet they add one line at the end where Johnny says something mean to Ben. It comes off as cruel and random rather than anything else because they're crowbarring in yet another moment that just wasn't earned at all.

Last edited:
I want to write Michael B Jordan and say "I thought we were all gonna go see this movie anyway?"

If Chris Evans is any indication, Michael B. Jordan will eventually be cast in a Marvel movie within the MCU that's actually deserving of his talents.

If Chris Evans is any indication, Michael B. Jordan will eventually be cast in a Marvel movie within the MCU that's actually deserving of his talents.

If Chris Evans is any indication, he'll be Captain America. Isaiah Bradley is coming to the MCU! :p

Hey, it wouldn't shock me if that happened. Marvel has already been taking shots at Fox for the longest. :D

I feel a bit bad for the actors involved. I hope it doesn't slow down their careers .

Jordan: sure he isn't true to the comics but I was open minded about him as HT. I would stick with the classic white Johnny Storm.

Teller: not bad for the ultimate version of Reed although I would've gone with another actor but Teller is a good actor

Bell: not sure by whom it was decided to cast hm as Gimm, he is more Reed looks wise but since he won't be in human form in the film I was cool with it

Mara: I thought she was fine as Sue, much better looks wise then Alba. Decent enough actress.

Kebbel: he is a good actor and could've pulled off Doom but sadly he was saddled with bad direction and development

Maybe he really did only do this movie because his friend was directing it

I think it's been pretty evident for awhile that's the reason. I mean he was pretty much locked on for the role as early as Spring 2013. Before a script was even green lit. And whereas the other three F4 members had various actors rumored, nobody other than MBJ was ever rumored for the Human Torch role.

Jordon didnt seem very commited to his part, he delivered his lines and rare jokes with almost disinterest. That has more to do with direction,script, and production issues obviously. Chris Evans was commited to Johnny storm, you could tell he was having a blast playing the role even in subpar movies his Johnny was always on fire.

Jordon didnt seem very commited to his part, he delivered his lines and rare jokes with almost disinterest. That has more to do with direction,script, and production issues obviously. Chris Evans was commited to Johnny storm, you could tell he was having a blast playing the role even in subpar movies his Johnny was always on fire.

I can see where your coming from. He seemed "flat".

Every character was flat. The only one who got little tiny moments to break out, was Reed Richards.

And he had the horrible delivery of Teller in the role. :barf:

The Hollywood Reporter piece said that Trank directed their every blink and breath and made them give as flat performances as possible. It's something he was aiming for, I guess to make it more low key and "real."

As for why Jordan took the job. Fox had an option on him to do one more movie after Chronicle and they wanted him for this as much as Trank did. The only choice for Jordan was probably between this and maybe Fox's Independence Day 2. If he had a choice at all. (Emily Blunt was forced to do Gulliver's Travels instead of getting to be Black Widow for the same reason) I gather he chose this since Trank directed him to acclaim in Chronicle and he was a comic book fan.

He had to turn down the Dr Dre role in Compton for this movie and I think also Star Wars. I'm happy for him that he still has Creed.

Lots of people were on a bandwagon not long ago claiming Jordan was an excellent actor and a perfect fit for the part. His friendship with Trank had nothing to do with getting the part to them.

In the end the dude phoned it in anyway.

Not that anyone defending Jordan months back or anyone predicting the movie would be epic would ever admit to being wrong.

He still is an excellent actor, and other than being black, he is a perfect fit for the part.
And us supporters of Jordan knew and never denied his friendship with Trank is what got him the role.
I'm not really sure if he phoned in his role or if there just wasn't really anything to even attempt to phone in.

And I never thought this movie was gonna be epic, I thought it was going to be decent; I was wrong.

He still is an excellent actor, and other than being black, he is a perfect fit for the part.
And us supporters of Jordan knew and never denied his friendship with Trank is what got him the role.
I'm not really sure if he phoned in his role or if there just wasn't really anything to even attempt to phone in.

And I never thought this movie was gonna be epic, I thought it was going to be decent; I was wrong.

If he was a "perfect fit for the part" how come he didn't do a very good job?

Because clearly the production had a lot of issues of its own. MBJ wasn't one of those issues.

Because clearly the production had a lot of issues of its own. MBJ wasn't one of those issues.

Well he was hardly a "perfect fit" then.

Actors can still give great performances in bad movies. It happens a lot. If MBJ was truly a "perfect fit" then at least he should have nailed the character he was supposed to portray and his performance should have shined through in some way. That's not what happened here.

So instead perhaps you could say "MBJ would have been great in the role with the right director."

Well he was hardly a "perfect fit" then.

Actors can still give great performances in bad movies. It happens a lot. If MBJ was truly a "perfect fit" then at least he should have nailed the character he was supposed to portray and his performance should have shined through in some way. That's not what happened here.

So instead perhaps you could say "MBJ would have been great in the role with the right director."

Not necessarily...if the writing and directing is just not there, it doesn't matter who the actor is or how good they are. If you are being told to act "flat" by the director and the dialogue is just as "flat"...the character is going to be "flat".

And if any of the rumors are correct, Miles Teller was possibly the only one that was actually in all of the final act and not a double.

It wasn't just a director issue. The movie's issues were clearly a mix of directors, writers, and studio interference.

Even Miles Teller, who was miscast from day 1, can't be blamed for his performance in the movie. There was nothing for anyone to perform.

Not necessarily...if the writing and directing is just not there, it doesn't matter who the actor is or how good they are. If you are being told to act "flat" by the director and the dialogue is just as "flat"...the character is going to be "flat".

And if any of the rumors are correct, Miles Teller was possibly the only one that was actually in all of the final act and not a double.

I understand that to a degree but I still have serious reservation with considering someone a "perfect fit" when they didn't nail the role and are in fact even criticized for it. I'm not trying to be down on the guy - his lines in the trailers (aside from the cringeworthy "say yes" nonsense) I actually thought sounded really good. But that was about the extent of it apparently.

I understand that to a degree but I still have serious reservation with considering someone a "perfect fit" when they didn't nail the role and are in fact even criticized for it. I'm not trying to be down on the guy - his lines in the trailers (aside from the cringeworthy "say yes" nonsense) I actually thought sounded really good. But that was about the extent of it apparently.

I have seen very few actors that were a "perfect fit" so I look at that as more of hyperbole and replace it with simply "a good actor". MBJ is a good actor, and had he been given great direction and great dialogue to work with, he could have put out a great performance. There are many actors that could have done that, just as their are many actors, and I could list all of them that have been mentioned here, and with that kind of direction and dialogue, they too would have probably looked and sounded just as flat.

It was so obvious in their comic con interviews. The movie wasn't a surprise to me at all...their interviews were flat as well. Miles Teller did almost all of the talking in all of the interviews, with his usual sarcastic style he got some laughs. The others looked like they were standing before a firing squad. It was the saddest thing I have ever watched.

I was keep close tabs on both Fantastic Four and Supergirl, the difference between the interviews, panel, and excitement of the actors was unbelievable. It really was a stark difference.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
paulsantiagoolg
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"