Hawkeye Florence Pugh returns as Yelena Belova

Web-Head

Oh boy yeah
Reaction score
4806a22618f926b50a08183d896ccd55_0e91d47f7868f21101f0a91b3a4b1df8.jpg

Last edited:
I'm excited to see her interaction with Clint and probably Kate. Once the misunderstanding is cleared up, they might form an alliance of sorts.

Something I noted in that stinger was that, while Valentina was obviously pitching the job to Yelena as a revenge opportunity, Yelena was a lot more circumspect, and seemed to hold her boss in at least a tiny bit of contempt. Leaves open a lot of flexibility in how vengeance-seeking she might be versus someone who 100% doesn't deserve it. Hopefully not at all. . . though "No, I'm not actually seeking vengeance" still leaves room for quite a bit of roughhousing, since Yelena's idea of how to say "Hello sis, I missed you" involves guns, knives, and chokeholds. *cough*

There imho two options now, how Yelenas role will be.
She could join Kate & Clint in the finale and fight against the bigger threat (after she learned the truth about Nats death)
Or she could pull a “Kingo”

There imho two options now, how Yelenas role will be.
She could join Kate & Clint in the finale and fight against the bigger threat (after she learned the truth about Nats death)
Or she could pull a “Kingo”

My guess is after this episode she will form an uneasy alliance with Kate and Clint. Bringing her in this late into the game was a mistake IMO.

Last edited:
I don’t think she’ll join the last fight but I do think she will get some closure about Natasha’s death. Yeah, using this misunderstanding around Nat’s death is a contrived way of bringing her into the show, but the more I see of Yelena, the better.

I don’t think she’ll join the last fight but I do think she will get some closure about Natasha’s death. Yeah, using this misunderstanding around Nat’s death is a contrived way of bringing her into the show, but the more I see of Yelena, the better.
Yelena talking to Clint about Natasha is one of the things they just can't skip over in the final episode.

the way she says "HI!" when she caught that bottle of hot sauce killed me lol

Yelena certainly isn't just a clone of her older sister, that's for sure. I mean, Natasha would have *also* caught the hot sauce bottle, but she would have worked a *lot* harder to put Kate at ease, that everything is normal, etc.

You know, this show did a pretty dang good job of differentiating the cast, and making clear that despite everyone being a "normal human", not everyone here is created equal. Kate was talented and enthusiastic but not yet to the point that dumb muscle couldn't threaten her, Maya and Kazi were head and shoulders above the Tracksuits being legitimate street level supervillains, and Clint and Yelena existed in another world from basically everyone else in the show.

( And then there's Kingpin, but Fisk breaks the "normal human" rule, obviously *ahem* )

i really enjoyed Pugh in the little that we got with her and i thought her and Hailey played off each other very well

Yelena certainly isn't just a clone of her older sister, that's for sure. I mean, Natasha would have *also* caught the hot sauce bottle, but she would have worked a *lot* harder to put Kate at ease, that everything is normal, etc.
Yep, this feels like a very different character rather than just a BW 2.0 and hopefully she can become an important part of the MCU future.

You know, this show did a pretty dang good job of differentiating the cast, and making clear that despite everyone being a "normal human", not everyone here is created equal. Kate was talented and enthusiastic but not yet to the point that dumb muscle couldn't threaten her, Maya and Kazi were head and shoulders above the Tracksuits being legitimate street level supervillains, and Clint and Yelena existed in another world from basically everyone else in the show.

( And then there's Kingpin, but Fisk breaks the "normal human" rule, obviously *ahem* )
True. I appreciate when they achieve that differentiation well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"