Dwayne Johnson and Stephen Merchant to produce movie based on WWE's Paige

Paige mother had a pretty messed up upbringing

I can see this being like The Wrestler but written in a working class Britcom style. Normally I would dismiss it as the usual garbage WWE Films produces, but with Stephen Merchant on board, this make it interesting.

I hope they focus more on the parents than Paige though.

Whoa, Merchant being involved in a WWE Studios film is nothing to sneeze at. Johnson deserves kudos for pulling this off.

Also, looks like Paige is about to get out of the doghouse after she's ready to compete. About damn time too because she is easily in the same league as the Four Horsewomen. Her being off television is bad for business.

This is a weird production because WWE Studios IS involved..which means that they're on good terms with Paige.

I've read a while back that Vince actually loves Paige because she's essentially grew in the same environment - being a nomadic carnie.

In the end of the day, they don't want to fire her. They would've released her already. Also, she's extremely popular and young, so they're trying to keep her on the roster...

That's interesting. I haven't watched wrestling in some time, but I always read about it out of habit. I thought Paige was in trouble with WWE still.

I wonder if Karl Pilkington put on some mass, whether he could play Ricky Knight.

That's interesting. I haven't watched wrestling in some time, but I always read about it out of habit. I thought Paige was in trouble with WWE still.

Last I heard she had gotten suspended (again) for rules violation or something to that extent. A little shocking they're making a biopic, but understandable because, as stated above, they don't want her gone from the company.

I can see this being like The Wrestler but written in a working class Britcom style. Normally I would dismiss it as the usual garbage WWE Films produces, but with Stephen Merchant on board, this make it interesting.

I hope they focus more on the parents than Paige though.

I think the perfect tone for this would be like BBC sitcom outnumbered and film what we did on our holiday. The guys who made those two productions are really good at doing offbeat comedic family dramas.

Oh look Dwayne attaching himself to another project. Dude just make the 500 other movies you've attached yourself to first.

He's a producer on this. He's not acting in it or directing. Anyway I watched a documentary on her family a few years back. They're an, interesting bunch. Heck her mother (who's also a wrestler BTW) life alone could make for a good biopic. She had a very interesting and, well messed-up in many ways, upbringing.

JICxxAV.jpg

I'll be ****ing fascinated if they cover Paige's recent slide into insanity.

I'll be ****ing fascinated if they cover Paige's recent slide into insanity.

I suspect the time frame of the movie ends with Paige's call to the Fed and saying goodbye to her family. Maybe a brief flashforward to Wrestlemania XXX with a fictionalized portrayal of the Rock (playing himself) going up to Paige backstage (she would debut the next night) and going "good luck, kid," or something like that.

Lena Headey playing a pro wrestler who used to be a homeless drug addict just seems right to me.

Very cool to watch our amazing/bad ass @florencepugh embody the role of real life WWE Superstar Paige.
We shot some great scenes together today that reflected my real life pivotal conversations I had with Paige. Very interesting to relive and shoot those moments.
I appreciate our entire crew and actors working tirelessly on a Sunday. THANK YOU!
The 6'7 stud standing with us, is our director/writer @stephenmerchant. Brilliant filmmaker and loved worldwide. I still think he's an *******.
We're bringing our production to rock the Staples Center tomorrow night for RAW.
#OnSet #ClockinThoseLongSundayHours #FightingWithMyFamily

6MG3OJk.jpg

So supposedly Vince Vaughn is playing Jake the Snake Roberts..... That's inspired.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"