• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Dwayne Johnson to go on a Rampage

But it did disappoint domestically when you think of what San Andreas did with the same star/director. I'm sure WB were hoping for numbers closer to that or Kong when they greenlit it. Why wouldn't they?

I don't think WB were expecting Kong numbers from Rampage. The former is still a well known IP to a lot of folks and they might feel nostalgia/attachment to Kong as character after having seen the previous iterations. Rampage has none of that.

San Andreas is a disaster movie and that genre thrives with good production values backed by major studio P&A expenses and disaster movies tends to have higher ceiling than Monster/Kaiju movies.

But I get the point you're trying to make. I mean Cloverfield did 80m back in '08, so I was expecting a healthy bump over that one with 10 years of inflation plus advent of 3D/PLFs in 2018 helping Rampage along the way. I thought (120-130)m is doable what with the resurgence of Kaiju movies (WB/Legendary's MonsterVerse) in recent times playing a part as well but Rampage fell short of that mark. So just 100m is definitely a bit disappointing from my perspective.

There is a decent chance of it but probably not for a while since I think the Rock has movies booked through 2022 or something.

Watched it again and to my surprise, I loved it even more this time around. I fell for every cliche and trope and I had a blast with it.

JDM's character was so damn awesome. He was the MVP of the movie and I find him to be the coolest and funniest character of 2018.

Rampage isn't my top pick but it's up there with the best of the bunch from last year.

It was legit very entertaining. It also gets extra points from me for looking like a Michael Bay monster movie.

I also felt that Rampage almost categorically catered to my likes/preferences from a movie like this so that's awesome.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"