• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Dwayne Johnson to go on a Rampage

Eh, just cause it's a Rock movie nothing wrong with wanting some better writing and characters.

But just for example, I thought Morgan's character Agent Russell was good. They sort of subverted the whole uptight military conflict with the hero trope. It was a refreshing change of pace. But the brother and sister bad guys were lacking.
Just take the brother out of it.
Simple.

It's a The Rock movie, guys. You're wanting characters?

Seems a weird complaint. This was obviously going to be San Andreas With Monsters from the start. Dumb, breezy fun.

It's not even characters I wanted, but I don't think asking for more than copy/paste writing I have seen 1000000000000000 times is too much. You can still be creative with a dumb movie about monsters from a video game fighting.

After my 8th viewing I can fully say that George is my favourite CGI character ever.

It's a The Rock movie, guys. You're wanting characters?

Seems a weird complaint. This was obviously going to be San Andreas With Monsters from the start. Dumb, breezy fun.

They can always strive for better... kinda like Jumanji 2 which was a million times better than this.

Admittedly I haven't even seen Jumanji 2 yet. Looked like ass from the trailers, pretty crude & lowbrow when compared to Johnston's flick.

People seem to love it though, will probably Netflix it eventually.

They can always strive for better... kinda like Jumanji 2 which was a million times better than this.

Very good example :up: Jumanji 2 was a very fun and creative film, and wasn't Citizen Kane either (nor tried to be).

So this movie dropped all the way to #3 this weekend. Doesn’t look like it will have strong legs, at least domestically. They were smart to move it up a week.

So this movie dropped all the way to #3 this weekend. Doesn’t look like it will have strong legs, at least domestically. They were smart to move it up a week.

Wrong.gif

Dude, did you see the latest round of numbers?? Rampage is #2 for the weekend behind AQP (21m vs 22m). It dropped an awesome 41.7% on 2nd weekend. Other big budget, blockbuster monster brawls/Kaiju movies dropped bigger on their respective 2nd weekends. For reference, the 2nd weekend drops for other monster movies were Godzilla (2014) - 66.8%; Pacific Rim - 57.1%; Kong: Skull Island - 54.4%.

It had a solid two weeks but it’s getting destroyed next weekend anyway.

Even with IW coming, Rampage will still be in the top five next week.
It is doing well.

Congrats to The Rock on the birth of his third daughter, Tiana.

Last edited:
I mean, if Pacific Rim got one then I don't see why this can't. That one had a similar performance to Rampage where it did a lot better internationally than domestically and it still got a sequel. Plus, The Rock likes to keep busy which increases the likelihood of him returning.

I think its box office numbers are doing well enough they will give it a strong consideration.

At this point just shy of $67 million domestic with $217.6 million international for $285.4 million total. It cost $120 million to make and this is only two weeks into its run but obviously Infinity War is going to stomp it all to hell so it will suffer from that. I think that would be enough for them to justify a potential sequel. Although probably a slimmed down one if I were to guess.

Surprised that no one has mentioned a sequel to Jumanji has been given the go ahead. Fast tracked for Christmas 2019 release.

Maybe it's because this is the Rampage thread.

Couldn't find the Jumanji thread.
People were talking about a sequel for another Dwayne Johnson film.
Posted comment there.
Since found the Jumanji thread.
Posted there, too.
Two for the price of one. Everyone's a winner.

At this point just shy of $67 million domestic with $217.6 million international for $285.4 million total. It cost $120 million to make and this is only two weeks into its run but obviously Infinity War is going to stomp it all to hell so it will suffer from that. I think that would be enough for them to justify a potential sequel. Although probably a slimmed down one if I were to guess.

Wow... not good numbers. I was hoping for something like $350 million WW.

I really enjoyed this 2 hour Ford Bronco commercial. I want one. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"