Playstation Forspoken

I hate when they wait this long to do it. They knew it wasn't making the date months ago.

Game Informer - Cover Reveal – Forspokenhttps://www.gameinformer.com/cover/2022/03/08/cover-reveal-forspoken

344-reveal-full.jpg

Last edited:
I don’t know much about this one but looks interesting.

Probably looks better when viewed with HDR.

Reminds me a little of Horizon Zero Dawn with them talking about the story and 'corruption' and the gameplay.

They saw that TLOU, Gotham, GoW an Potter release dates and they didn't want that smoke. Fair.

I'm not saying one ad can kill a game, but this ad might have killed this game:

This is the most attention the game has got and it's not good. This is not the kind of meme status you want.

It’s not even Strangers of Paradise bad.

SWM supremacists / GamerGate have had it out to kill this game since the beginning like they do Prey and Grand Theft Auto 6 and all media featuring female and nonwhite leads.

Forspoken was never going to be a massive seller anyway.

It’s not even Strangers of Paradise bad.

SWM supremacists / GamerGate have had it out to kill this game since the beginning like they do Prey and Grand Theft Auto 6 and all media featuring female and nonwhite leads.

Forspoken was never going to be a massive seller anyway.
The FF remake was in on the joke. That's the vibe it was going for and fully embraced it after the memes went live.

Really weird to push a GamerGate narrative for a game where they decided to cast a black woman in the lead role, and yet could not find one black woman for their 5 person writing team, that includes two 50 plus white men, and one 50 plus white woman.

Prey has gone over very well, despite the MRA types backlash. Hulu's biggest hit, by some ways apparently. Sure sexism and racism was always going to be an issue, but the idea that IP with women in the lead role can't sell even with that crap, just isn't true and that's been proven time and again. Whether it's Prey, Captain Marvel, Horizon, etc.

You say this game was never going to be a massive seller, and I ask, why? It had plenty of hype early, people were intrigued, and it's been featured prominently at premiere events. I feel like you've just left off the problems from the game and publisher themselves. A string of delays, underwhelming marketing, and what feels like a game that's been obviously downgraded from when they first showed it off. If this is great and doesn't end up a massive seller, that's going to be on the publisher. Hell, thy just admitted that those who actually want to play it have to wait three more months, because they don't think it will sell. That's zero confidence in your apparent new big IP.

Oh, disappointed by this today and what I saw of Gotham Knights a couple of day ago. :csad:

There's nothing new. It's just a short tweet/ad compiled of old footage and old quips slapped together.

"Quippy Whedon tier crap" is the best description I've seen for this ad. How is it that every single piece of marketing makes this game look worse?

"Quippy Whedon tier crap" is the best description I've seen for this ad. How is it that every single piece of marketing makes this game look worse?
I don't think they know who this game is for. Honestly, the gameplay looks good enough, that they should just let it speak for itself. Focus on that and dump the attempts to be "hip". Because in it's attempts to distinguish, it does so in a bad way.

Moved to get out of the way of everything, and then Hogwarts moves to less then 3 weeks from it. :funny:

Not top tier dialogue, but this backlash feels quite overblown to me. Why are people acting like it's offensively bad? Would they prefer a character who's a sad sack stick in the mud, and not excited about her new fantastical power-trip?

Obviously there will be more sides to her personality than this. The world will challenge her spirit as the story ramps up, it's not gonna be "woah dragons awesome" the whole way through.

Not top tier dialogue, but this backlash feels quite overblown to me. Why are people acting like it's offensively bad? Would they prefer a character who's a sad sack stick in the mud, and not excited about her new fantastical power-trip?

Obviously there will be more sides to her personality than this. The world will challenge her spirit as the story ramps up, it's not gonna be "woah dragons awesome" the whole way through.
Those aren't the two options, and never have been. Though I do think there is some obvious dissonance between the footage and the dialogue.

There was a breakdown of the issue of the ad itself, and how it is poorly constructed, including how the overlay of music and spelling out of the dialogue adds to the issues.

I don't get the panic over the add. That said nothing I've seen of this game grabs my attention.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"