Forza Motorsport 4

I would love a 24 Hours of Le Mans type race where the sky actually goes from day to night. That would be pretty cool.

Full 24 hour race?

I had enough trouble with the damn Endurance races... i did three or four myself and let the hire driver do the rest

Full 24 hour race?

I had enough trouble with the damn Endurance races... i did three or four myself and let the hire driver do the rest

LOL.

No, deff not a full 24 hour race. They could simulate the day to night cycle over X amount of laps.

i remember there being a GT racing game (the car class in the Le Mans series, not Gran Turismo) that had a setting for a 24 hour race around the Le Mans track.... i think

Reviews are comin out. 9.5/10 from ign calling it the best racing simulation on the market

Reviews are comin out. 9.5/10 from ign calling it the best racing simulation on the market

Forza 3 was the best sim on the market when it was out, so I'm not at all surprised. The Forza series truly is top dog now.

Im gonna pick this up eventually, but I'm still playing F1 2011. Once i get through a season of that, ill pick this up.

damn should have got this instead of GT5...although i did get gt5 for free lol

damn should have got this instead of GT5...although i did get gt5 for free lol

Haha, can't beat free, but yes, Forza is deff the better series now, has been for the last 2 games.

Looking forward to playing Forza next week... though i'm a bit confused.... the demo says the 11th... but the adverts on the TV say the 14th...

Id say its the 11th since thats Tuesday

I think next years version a Forza 5 would be better with more familiarity with Kinect.

I might skip this years Forza 4 and wait.

I have to admit i hate Kinect..... Being physically disabled, i can't stand u p long enough to use 99% of the Kinect functions.... and the more games that have Kinect features, the more games i'm restricted from playing :(

I have to admit i hate Kinect..... Being physically disabled, i can't stand u p long enough to use 99% of the Kinect functions.... and the more games that have Kinect features, the more games i'm restricted from playing :(
The 11th is a Tuesday, so I imagine it's coming out on that date.

Looking forward to playing Forza next week... though i'm a bit confused.... the demo says the 11th... but the adverts on the TV say the 14th...
You don't have to stand to use the Kinect functions for Forza. If you have a wheel, or possibly a controller, and also have Kinect, and are in cockpit mode, then it will track your head, so that when you look side-to-side, that's what you're looking at. It's basically an easier way to see your side-view mirrors and turns.

I didn't know that.... and you have my quotes back to front :p LOL

I didn't know that.... and you have my quotes back to front :p LOL
:funny::funny::funny:

HA, yeah, I don't know what happened? I just assumed since I hit the first message, that it was the first one I was responding to. Oh well, you got the point, and I'm too lazy to fix it. :woot:

The critical acclaim is pretty much unanimous right now.....Metacritic is showing a consensus of 93 after 28 reviews, which puts it way higher than *any* racing game on the market, including previous Forza iterations.

This is definitely the new benchmark.

I've got the LCE coming next Tuesday, and I'm going to marathon an all-nighter then. :)

I think i have the LCE as well.... will have to check i guess....

Quick Look: Forza 4

Review - 4/5
It's still a beautiful game and it's probably the world's best driving simulator, at least for consoles, but a lot of Forza 4's changes feel incremental at best. The game includes many of the same tracks found in previous installments, and I found myself getting a very "annual sports game update" vibe off of it. With that in mind, it seems like the game's most die-hard fans and people who didn't play the previous Forza will get the most out of Forza 4. It's easy to see that Forza 4 is a great game, but after playing hours of Forza 3 back when it was fresh, it was hard for me to get as much out of Forza 4's largely similar offering.

The consensus on this game is unanimously high. Metacritic shows a 91 rating out of 49 reviews, and *all* of them are overwhelmingly positive. That's something that *very* few games can boast, and *no* other racing game can boast.

I really don't see this guy's argument that Forza 4 is "more of the same." They have made the graphics amazingly better; they've added tons of new elements to the game (including lots of elements that will apply to online gamers); they've made the gameplay a LOT funner than any of the previous Forza games; and they've made the game accessible to casual noobs and hardcore gearheads alike. This is a genuinely outstanding game, and the most fun I've ever had with a racing game.

Another Forza is on the way.

Im a big fan of the series so im interested to see where the game is headed. I hope the Kinect features will be able to be used in addition to the standard racing wheel and not just either or.

What game should I buy?

Didn't want to start a whole new thread but anyone pick up Horizon? Awesome, awesome game. Really surprised how much I like this direction for the series.

I had a quick play of the demo and i did like it... I've got the special edition on Pre-order atm...

I still play Forza 4, but I didn't like the demo. I may have to rent it or something to find out, cause I'm just not vibing it, yet, it's been getting really good reviews, and most people I talk to say they like it.

I had a quick play of the demo and i did like it... I've got the special edition on Pre-order atm...

Nice, I should of purchased the CE as I'm gonna want all the car packs. I'm actually liking this more than the previous forza games. It has just about all u can want from a forza title while making the experience so much more lively. This is basically the need for speed game EA has been trying to make all along.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"