Frank Miller needs an "intervention"

mastermindjcg

Civilian
Reaction score
Normally, I wouldn't go so far as to piss all over a comic book legend like Miller, but his recent string of bad creative decisions puts him on par with George W's entire political legacy. Miller's done genius things with Batman back in the 80's, no question, but his track record with all other creative properties that he hasn't created himself, has been nothing short of dismal(Robocop 2 and 3, anyone?). It stands to reason that The Spirit film is gonna suck it harder than a stripper sucking a golf ball through garden hose. And, to add insult to incest, he's planning to tackle another classic pulp hero, Buck Rogers. I know, Miller's a nutty fellow by nature, but this has to be stopped quickly. If the man was within his right mind, he'd be pooling every shred of energy into doing "Sin City 2" and nothing else. Is there ANY doubt about that?

-so sayeth the mastermind-

Can't be any worse than Buck Rogers from the 80's. I hope!

I'll save my verdict until the Spirit is actually released but the buzz is that FM can't direct traffic let alone a multi million dollar film.

I agree. He should stay away from directing(leave Buck Rogers alone, let Rodriguez do his thing with Sin City 2, etc...)and stick with comics(and ****ing finish "Holy Terror, Batman!").

I agree with this but, to his credit, Robocop 2-3 wasnt his fault.

If by "intervention" you mean "Japanese Water Torture" then, yeah! im in!

I agree. He should stay away from directing(leave Buck Rogers alone, let Rodriguez do his thing with Sin City 2, etc...)and stick with comics(and ****ing finish "Holy Terror, Batman!").
Holy Terror, Batman has been canned.

And my problem is that Miller tends to make things dark just for the sake of being dark for no reason whatsoever. The Spirit and Buck Rogers just really shouldn't be dark films IMO. There's nothing wrong with a light-hearted film at all.

Holy Terror, Batman has been canned.

In the interview with Miller SHH posted yesterday, he said "Holy Terror, Batman" was about 40 pages from being completed.

SHH!: It's been a while since we've seen you draw the interior art in a comic book.

Miller: It's been a while since I published any. There's "Holy Terror, Batman," which is about 40 pages from completion now and there's "The Spirit Storyboards" which will be coming out. There's hundreds of them and it's going to be a big fat book when it comes out. But right now, I'm in love with directing, so it's slowing down my comic book work.

http://www.superherohype.com/news/spiritnews.php?id=7908

And my problem is that Miller tends to make things dark just for the sake of being dark for no reason whatsoever. The Spirit and Buck Rogers just really shouldn't be dark films IMO. There's nothing wrong with a light-hearted film at all.

I don't mind his stuff being dark, its just his style. My problem is that he has George Lucas syndrome in which he has actually bought his own hype. He actually goes out of his way to piss off his readers, and not to just tell a good story. He thinks his dialogue is really great, instead of being just completely ludicrous and cheesy.

the spirit will suck because he is not a film maker he doesn't know the art of film making just by sucking Robert Rodriguez dick he knows nothing of film making

the spirit will suck because he is not a film maker he doesn't know the art of film making just by sucking Robert Rodriguez dick he knows nothing of film making

More like Robert Rodriguez was sucking his dick, and thats what made him think he could be a film-maker.

Predictions don't mean jack squat until you actually see the film. :whatever:

Christ people. You overreact.

Actually, Miller should stay away from Sin City 2 and do something completely different if he wants to prove himself.

Who the heck do you think you are? You come in here with your common sense and good adivce like this isn't the internet. Waiting to see something before passing judgement is a radical concept on the net.:cwink:

Who the heck do you think you are? You come in here with your common sense and good adivce like this isn't the internet. Waiting to see something before passing judgement is a radical concept on the net.:cwink:

What were you trying to prove? That deep down, everyone has common sense? :woot:

Im kinda inth eboat that thinks maybe he is buying into his own hype but i think that The Spirit looks cool. I like old Detective stories like that.

And you're Ingmar Bergman, right? :whatever:

I think he'll be more or less done after BUCK ROGERS. No one will go see it even if it's a good movie, and we'll be free of his adaptions.

This will easily be proven wrong if people, y'know...go see it. :huh:

What does your crystal ball say about that?

^ Exactly. I think the only people who need an intervention here are the people who think the film will suck and condeming him and millions of other fanboys who jump to conclusions that are close minded.

Have you ever been to a message board? Sure, some people take it really far, but many of us are making predictions about his future work based on his past works, which is kind of the whole point of some of these forums.

In the interview with Miller SHH posted yesterday, he said "Holy Terror, Batman" was about 40 pages from being completed.

I guess it's back on track. But I remember hearing that it got canned and that the story would continue without Batman in it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"