Friday The 13th Reboot | WB/New Line??

My roommate jokingly suggested Mads Mikkelsen for Elias Voorhees!

Crystal Lake is a Minecraft/Fortnite-style MMO game, and it will be about cyber-bullying.

Also would be up for Derek Mears returning for Jason! He was the best thing about the 2009 reboot!

Locker explains, “Sean hired me to do a rewrite onThe Night Driver and after working closely with director Jeremy Weiss and him on that, we naturally got to talking about Friday the 13th and House.Jeremy and I pitched our dream reboot of Friday the 13th – with Sean’s blessing to keep developing it with him.”

Locker continues, “Obviously, the prequel TV series has reignited interest about a new film so we’re hoping the surrounding excitement will inspire both sides to come together and give us Jason on the big screen again for the first time in 14 years, but we also have a Plan B for a sequel to the original we think fans will absolutely love and should avoid any legal entanglements.”

Last edited:
Hmmmmmmm, if Crystal Lake gets to be a 'reboot' than the only way a film could work is if they do that Halloween (2018) things... that that makes sense.

I have three solutions for Sean;

1) new F13 - Part 2 taking place in the 2020's | 40+ years later
[least interested concerning the Jason of it all]
2) new F13 - Part 2 taking place in the 1980's
[very interested... only if they can effectively pull of the 80's aspect of it ala Halloween Kills intro]
3) new F13 - Part 3 taking place in the 2020's | 35+ years later
[sort of interested... same as above, and they get to re-try the messy compressed F13 - Part 2 thru The Final Chapter timeline]​

I’d be down for double the Friday the 13th, but I’m so hyped to see Fuller’s take on Crystal Lake.

Also, wouldn’t they need Miller on board for Plan B as well if that’s a direct sequel to the first one?

Will be a tricky situation for both plans either way.

Last edited:
It's unclear what the final result of the legal turmoil will be. It appears that both a TV series and a new movie are in the works. Whether they will be connected or need to be is uncertain. After more than a decade of inactivity, suddenly two distinct projects are underway. Hopefully, it won't be excessive, and they won't be released too close to one another.

I'm not really a big fan of the legacy-sequel years later that just chooses to skip over some movies as part of the continuity but ends up being disappointing in its own right which just makes the franchise feel a bit underwhelming.

With something like Friday the 13th you don't really need to stick hard to continuity or go overboard with references to the original, because the original isn't even that great in this franchise. It's a weird one because with Halloween or Nightmare on Elm Street, or Hellraiser, or Psycho (and many other of these franchises) the original was the big one and people still talk about them, but with Friday it was more of a slow escalation kinda. I mean you ask people which one is the definitive one and some will say 4 and some will say 6 but the original doesn't even have Jason as the killer!

Similar to how the last reboot handled things I think you can do it without too much setup, just get characters to Crystal Lake and have Jason on a rampage and with the right director, writer and even actors, you can make a solid movie in the franchise. I think unlike Nightmare which always focused heavily on visuals or Halloween which focused heavily on atmosphere, the strength of Friday is the brute force of Jason and you come up with some gnarly kills like the sleeping bag one in 7 (among other good kills) and you can still make this a great film on its own.

What an absolutely cursed franchise.

I'm not entirely certain of the details since the link requires a subscription, but it seems the gist is that there won't be a new Friday the 13th series. It's unclear whether this is positive or negative. Does this indicate a retreat for the entire Friday the 13th franchise?

I was excited with Bryan Fuller being on board. This sucks.

I'm not entirely certain of the details since the link requires a subscription, but it seems the gist is that there won't be a new Friday the 13th series. It's unclear whether this is positive or negative. Does this indicate a retreat for the entire Friday the 13th franchise?

It sounds like the reasoning for canceling the project is A24 is choosing to prioritize in movie star focused projects (like The Rock) over what they feel is a fizzled out franchise like F13.

We'll see if the show gets shopped elsewhere or maybe a new movie will get made finally.

giphy.gif

Dunno about you guys but I REALLY wanna kick both Cunningham and Miller in the balls over this. Their stupid legal battle wrecked a ton of plans for this series to come back and they don't seem to care that people are angry at them. WHO GIVES A DAMN who wrote how much of the first movie? You want money so bad Miller? Here, let me shove a bunch of dollar bills down your throat and up your ass. Now back the hell off and let Paramount or somebody who cares about Jason Vorhees actually get a new movie off the ground!

I wonder if the sexual assault against Fuller had something to do with canning the show?

Feel bad for the Friday fans. Hoping it wasn't truly canceled. I was very excited to see A24 involved in this.

According to Bloody Disgusting’s sources, however, A24 has NOT killed off “Crystal Lake” at this time. We have confirmed the show is still happening, but there is some retooling of the project happening behind the scenes. We’re digging for more info. Stay tuned.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Davutha
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"