World Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man #7 MAJOR SPOILERS SHOCKING RETURN

Gwen and Harry have stayed dead.
Those plus Uncle Ben make up the 3 characters that bringing back from the dead would be like commiting creative suicide.

Dangerous said:
Gwen and Harry have stayed dead.
Those plus Uncle Ben make up the 3 characters that bringing back from the dead would be like commiting creative suicide.

Yah had to say it out loud didn't ya!!??:thing:

I was touching wood at the time.
Right now I would not put anything past them, but bringing back Ben permanently?, I'm not gonna buy that.

Dangerous said:
Right now I would not put anything past them, but bringing back Ben permanently?, I'm not gonna buy that.

I don't think anyone is of the mind that Marvel is stupid enough to bring him back permanently but if you're going to dicker around with silly gimmicks like this, bring back secondary characters, not iconic characters....

...hell you wanna mess with Aunt May so badly, bring back Nathan from the dead (was that his name?) ...oh that's right...where's the *bleepin* shock value in that ??..*sigh*

I can feel it...Gwen's coming back from the dead...it's just a matter of time :(....and all JMS has to say is "well PAD brought back Uncle Ben !!!

Dragon said:
That's why he loves to go to Comic Boards. They kiss his ass like it was Angelina Jolie's lips. And woe be unto anyone who actually disagrees with him.

I'll say, the guy threw a little **** fit about advance spoilers, so now they're banned on the boards. No spoilers/disscussions/reviews of anything that hasn't gone on sale yet :o

Excuse me, Mr David if I tend to avoid the Gestapo Boards from now on :rolleyes:

Citizen_Kaine said:
I'll say, the guy threw a little **** fit about advance spoilers, so now they're banned on the boards. No spoilers/disscussions/reviews of anything that hasn't gone on sale yet :o

Excuse me, Mr David if I tend to avoid the Gestapo Boards from now on :rolleyes:

Yeah I saw that. PAD now wants to control how we read and discuss comic books. A bit of a God complex going on there..

Dragon said:
Yeah I saw that. PAD now wants to control how we read and discuss comic books. A bit of a God complex going on there..

What is it about Spidey that attracts the writers with the biggest egos...? It'd be different if they could back it up, but when it's time to deliver....POOF....nothing worth a damn....imagine that.

yeah that was really stupid of PAD's part. Like Uk Stu said, if DC can manage to keep their plotlines secret I don't see how come Marvel can't?.

Hell, people are still waiting for the latest scoop from Spidey 3 and that involves keeping a lid on plots, props, scenes etc... and Sony still manages to keep everything secret so PAD should be pissed at Marvel for their lack of security. Ah who am I kidding, they leaked the news on purpose to test the fans' reaction.

The thing with Marvel is, they like to exploit the internet. They try and use it to their advantage, but when things don't quite go their way, they are quick to slam the fans.

Now I like a lot of PAD's work, and I really don't think he's bringing Ben back for keeps, just a one off story piece. But the guy has to keep a lid on his *****ing about the people who buy his stuff.

Dragon said:

God complex because he wants to keep important plot points to his books secret? So people don't go rushing to conclusions, rather than reading the story and letting it play out on it's own? Can't imagine why that would annoy him.

Dangerous said:

Must...resist...dirty...joke...:o

But seriously, regarding PAD, I met him once, he's a nice guy, very opinionated, but a nice guy none the less. But with his reaction, which I can completely understand, he could have been a bit more eloquent.

Flonk said:
God complex because he wants to keep important plot points to his books secret? So people don't go rushing to conclusions, rather than reading the story and letting it play out on it's own? Can't imagine why that would annoy him.

Exactly. I can't imagine why either. Does Peter Jackson, Steven Spielberg or George Lucas dictate to people how they should watch their films? Or moreover, how to DISCUSS THEM? They may certainly have their preferences, but they sure as hell don't go to message boards and and apply pressure. Why? Because these guys actually have lives and understand that it's only their job to make the product. PAD has control over the crappy stories he's telling. What the public does is not meant to be under PAD's scrutiny.

And if PAD actually put as much effort into his writing as he does policing how we read, and pass information, he might not have to worry about the conclusions people jump to or how the they react to spoilers.

Dragon said:
Exactly. I can't imagine why either. Does Peter Jackson, Steven Spielberg or George Lucas dictate to people how they should watch their films? Or moreover, how to DISCUSS THEM? They may certainly have their preferences, but they sure as hell don't go to message boards and and apply pressure. Why? Because these guys actually have lives and understand that it's only their job to make the product. PAD has control over the crappy stories he's telling. What the public does is not meant to be under PAD's scrutiny.

And if PAD actually put as much effort into his writing as he does policing how we read, and pass information, he might not have to worry about the conclusions people jump to or how the they react to spoilers.

Once you've read the book, say what you want. I just think it's silly to go on these long, angry rants before the book is even out.

Flonk said:
Once you've read the book, say what you want. I just think it's silly to go on these long, angry rants before the book is even out.

Are you PAD's agent? You appear to be of one mind. Let's be clear. It doesn't matter what you or PAD think is silly. You don't get to make the decision for us how we read comic books or pass information about them, or discuss them.

The real irony is that the poster who released the spoilers at Comic Boards expressed his excitement about the comic based on the spoilers- intended to fully get the book, and when PAD expressed his ire, apologzed profusely. And yet, PAD continued to insult him and act like an overall jerk. I think that's silly. Furthermore, many posters myself included expressed that knowing spoilers in and of themselves wouldn't diminish the enjoyment of a good story. It's only the quality of the story itself that matters. Yet I accept that PAD has every right to be a jerk. I won't go on a campaign to stop PAD from being a jerk. See how that works?

People who stayed dead:
- Nathan Lubenski
- George Stacy
- Gwen Stacy
- Ben Parker
- Mary Parker
- Richard Parker
- Timmy - The kid who collected Spider-Man
- Harry Osborn
- Ben Reilly
People who came back:
- Norman Osborn
- Mendel Stromm
- Miles Warren - although he is now fully dead after Maximum Clonage Omega
- Kaine
- Miles Warren
People who came back because of duplicates:
- Mary Parker
- Richard Parker
- Gwen Stacy

I know there are a lot more, but I cant remember right now

:rolleyes:yes Flonk, it's silly to criticize a story idea that has crap written all over it before we read it. It's not like people around here were ever proven right when they did it before.

Hum, :eek wait a min... Sins Past, Sins Remembered, The Other....it's all coming back to me. How could I forget these things :confused:

DAMN YOU WANDA, YOU DID IT AGAIN !!!! :mad:

I... just.... I... god... how... this... just.... god...

There are no words.

The pathetic thing is, there will still be people who will defend this **** and he'll probably get a sales boost. Marvel is dead to me.

Dragon - Actually Lucasfilms do apply pressure and Lucas does mind what you think about his films,a s does Spielberg. As exampled by their editing of their films and re-releasing them.

Dragon said:

I like PAD lot as a writer but he has been taking alot of this stuff to heart.He might be on his way to becoming the 2nd comic writer banned from those boards.

Captivated said:
Ooooo... your eloquence has me all tingly! :up:

I am STILL so TWEAKED about The Other (not to mention the damnable Sins duo) that your post really struck a cord. Dead on... I think you nailed them to the wall.

But, about FNSM... I actually have calmed down a bit. I don't think they are REALLY going for a long-term Uncle Ben ressurection. FNSM #5 was a downer, but besides regurgitating JMS' nonsense, PAD hasn't done anything too offensive...yet, so I'll TRY to read with an open mind.

It SOUNDS convoluted and depressing to me, but then, I thought Fried Green Tomatoes sounded dumb, and it was wonderful... so... it might be good... stranger things have happened.

Let me know how it turns out, Cap. I just don't have the patience or consumer confidence required to put up with the Marvel of the 2000s anymore. If posters like yourself, Still and Dragon -- whose tastes are similar to mine -- find the upcoming issues to be worthwhile, I'll give them a shot.

Dragon said:
Are you PAD's agent? You appear to be of one mind. Let's be clear. It doesn't matter what you or PAD think is silly. You don't get to make the decision for us how we read comic books or pass information about them, or discuss them.

The real irony is that the poster who released the spoilers at Comic Boards expressed his excitement about the comic based on the spoilers- intended to fully get the book, and when PAD expressed his ire, apologized profusely. And yet, PAD continued to insult him and act like an overall jerk. I think that's silly. Furthermore, many posters myself included expressed that knowing spoilers in and of themselves wouldn't diminish the enjoyment of a good story. It's only the quality of the story itself that matters. Yet I accept that PAD has every right to be a jerk. I won't go on a campaign to stop PAD from being a jerk. See how that works?

Having read your arguments, Dragon over on comicboards, what you say has merit. However, I can understand why PAD was upset; after all, I’m sure if you had produced a movie that had a surprising twist and if that got spoiled all over the net, you’d probably be a little ticked off. This is why I ended up apologizing to PAD in a PM for revealing the comic boards poster’s thread over on the CBR boards feeling that I too had contributed in ruining his story by spreading it to a wider audience. Perhaps it would’ve have been prudent to wait until the issue itself, rather than an advanced copy, had hit the stands (although UK Stu has a very good point--if DC can keep their plots concerning Infinite Crisis secret, how is it that Marvel couldn’t in this case, especially with a revelation unquestionably as explosive as this one?) so I’ve decided I should do that from now on.

But you are absolutely right when it comes to PAD’s behavior towards the poster and to those message boards in general. And because most of those posters were intimidated by PAD due to his reputation, the guy who posted the amendment to their spoiler rule--even though he also said that the poster who spoiled FNSM #7 did nothing wrong--still capitulated. It’s one thing to express to them “I don’t appreciate you ruining a story I worked so hard on. Please be more considerate in the future;” It’s another to continually berate and bully the entire message board long after the apology has been made. Just because he visits there does not mean he can control them. While one may question how they run things, it’s still their board, and he is, despite being a professional comic book writer, a guest of their board. Interestingly enough, PAD doesn’t have control over the character of Spider-Man either--for that is a copyrighted property of Marvel--much less invent the character. Anything he writes regarding Spider-Man has to be approved of first, yet his attitude seems to suggest that Spidey is HIS character (not unlike JMS himself). I realize that, being a would-be writer myself, that creative types have inflated egos, but this was ridiculous.

And if want another example of irony, Dragon, even though this revealation about Uncle Ben occurs at the end of the issue, is not the ending of the story but rather the beginning of a whole new story.

Marc said:
I... just.... I... god... how... this... just.... god...

There are no words.

The pathetic thing is, there will still be people who will defend this **** and he'll probably get a sales boost. Marvel is dead to me.

I wouldn’t be the least bit surprised if that happened. Because of the spoiler, how many people will actually go out and buy the issue just to see it for themselves (or whether or not the guy was telling the truth) as opposed to not saying anything at all. If FNSM #7 DOES get a boost because of this, then PAD couldn’t have asked for a better publicity agent. Man, all this irony makes me want to listen to an Alanis Morrisette CD. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"