Game Awards 2022

Reaction score
December 8, 2022.

Any GOTY predictions?

Mine are God of War: Ragnarök, Horizon: Forbidden West and Elder's Ring.

I mean, its going to be the same as every year- the big awards will go to high budget AAA games that have a grim, serious, "game as movie" aesthetic.

*Maybe* Elden Ring will take some stuff, but honestly even that feels a stretch.

Elden Ring is absolutely taking GOTY.

I’m sure Ragnarok will be good, but it can only ever be a sequel to GOW. Elden Ring is the culmination of an entire decade of design and gameplay philosophy.

Have any rumors been reported about what new games might be revealed this year?

December 8, 2022.

Any GOTY predictions?

Mine are God of War: Ragnarök, Horizon: Forbidden West and Elder's Ring.
Elden Ring I’m sure is the favourite. Can’t imagine Horizon being in the running.

Last year we had a few decent announcements like Wonder Woman. He’ll probably be exaggerating like usual but 2 or 3 good announcements and a couple of updates to hyped games would be fine with me.

Noms are out: The Game Awards

tpmpo9zq8yz91.jpg

A bit of a cop out separating Elden Ring in RPG and GOW in Action/Adventure. But hey, Bayo 3 gets a chance at best action game. So, happy for me. Would have liked a nom for Jennifer Hale just to drive the point a bit more into Hellena Taylor, but can't have everything.

Xenoblade 3 getting recognition is a surprise.

Wow nice to see A Plague Tale Requiem getting a GOTY. So thats 3 games (GOWR/HFW) in my wishlist for this year getting a goty nomination!

Stray is a nice surprise too. I want to play the game but I don't think I'm willing to spend money on it.

I hate to be a hater but it’s a shame the same games got nominated for every category. I’m sure there’s heaps of games out there that deserved a shout out

A bit of a cop out separating Elden Ring in RPG and GOW in Action/Adventure. But hey, Bayo 3 gets a chance at best action game. So, happy for me. Would have liked a nom for Jennifer Hale just to drive the point a bit more into Hellena Taylor, but can't have everything.

Xenoblade 3 getting recognition is a surprise.
Ah yes, that would have been sweet. :D

Cool on Xenoblade.

Wow nice to see A Plague Tale Requiem getting a GOTY. So thats 3 games (GOWR/HFW) in my wishlist for this year getting a goty nomination!

Stray is a nice surprise too. I want to play the game but I don't think I'm willing to spend money on it.
Yeah I’m glad for Plague Tale. Haven’t played 2 yet but I like the studio. Good to see them getting recognised.

Stray was such an interesting and unusual game, I kind of hope it gets a win but I doubt it.

Stray was such an interesting and unusual game, I kind of hope it gets a win but I doubt it.
Never heard of Stray. Do you get to play as a cat? As that’s GotY premise already. :D

Haha, awesome thanks. Will definitely try that (in front of my cats). Nice to see such unusual looking games like that getting recognised.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"