• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

The Amazing Spider-Man Garfield's build

does anybody else think that that cant be garfield in the suit? either that or thats padding? but thats some pretty good padding if so.. looks like real muscle.. if it is garfeild then im impressed.. thoughts?

Probably not him. It's a pure publicity photo. There would be no real need for him to actually get into the suit for that shot.

They said it was Garfield but even if it's a stuntman, who cares? It looks good, besides, we were told ages ago that the fabrics would be hi-tech and not average or standard fabrics so of course it's going to have an element of realistic muscle structure.

The moment I heard Garfield was cast, I immediately thought of Ditko's Spider-man. The costume concept isn't totally off this, but with the tighter webbing and making him thin and lean I can see the comparison....

29y5ocy.jpg

I hope Garfield can pull off those tiny marble eyes.

I think his build is pretty close to the source material :up:

Nah, he's skinnier. Maybe Ultimate, but he's skinner than the usual image of Spider-Man we're used to.

Like this.

Spiderman_Amazing_comic_hero_Peter_Parker.jpg

Spidey is lean, yeah. But I haven't really seen alot of muscle definition from Garfield. He looks like he just stayed the same and didn't do alot of training.

Nah, he's skinnier. Maybe Ultimate, but he's skinner than the usual image of Spider-Man we're used to.

Spidey is lean, yeah. But I haven't really seen alot of muscle definition from Garfield. He looks like he just stayed the same and didn't do alot of training.

I much prefer Tobey's build compared to Garfield for Spidey and this is the reason why, Garfield looks as though he didn't do much training for the film, he just looks like a really skinny guy. Overall, I'm just not anticipating much from him as Parker/Spider-Man. I'm more excited by the supporting cast than Garfield, to me he is the low point of the cast.

the more skinnier the better as far as I'm concerned. garfield's build is perfect.

Since he's slimmer than Maguire, I thought they would make him have a build similar to Bruce Lee...

[YT]5q9kYKtvYU0[/YT]

[YT]bRyDcB7qQFo[/YT]

Or even they way Maguire was in his screen test...

[YT]J61RWkXEKTc[/YT]

Seems smaller than this...

[YT]sm3JrLoelmE[/YT]

Man that screen test is pretty sweet

I don't think Garfield's build is even near perfect. I'm not that much of a fan of the ultimate look. I mean, I like the toned aspect of it, but he should really be bigger. It's apparent in the first costume pic that they skimped out training wise.....I'm not talking arms though. I'm quite the gymrat and I feel Garfield is lacking in the shoulders and traps department. He should have a slender build, but have an imposing frame if that makes sense.

That's just really my opinion though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"