The Boys Gen V Spoiler Thread

Sithborg

Pretty in pink
Reaction score
Might as well set up an open spoiler thread. No idea how popular it will be here, so we will start with one general thread before doing individual threads.

Premieres tomorrow.

"First black man in the Seven"

Black Noir hangs head in sadness...

Off to a good start.

Yup, thats The Boys we know and love.

Finished the first episode, it's a nice start and I really like Jaz Sinclair and Lizze Broadway but I feel like the A-plot wasn't as sharp as the satire stuff. I'm sure it'll get better but so far it's got some good moments. Also between this, The Boys, and I'm a Virgo, Amazon is really all about the Micro/Macrophilia kink.

So, I binged all three. Really enjoyed it. The timeline of putting it after S3 is fun. Because you got hints of S4 of the Boys from the quick headline of Homelander killing that guy, as well as one of the students red hats, which, honestly, I knew was always coming. The setting also is a good one to really focus on the implications and impacts of the truth about Compound V and what that may do with parents and their kids.

sure got bloody very quick

I'm on episode 2, so glad to see Jackie Tohn back on the show. Also seeing her show up made me miss GLOW all over again. :saddened:

I'm on episode 2, so glad to see Jackie Tohn back on the show. Also seeing her show up made me miss GLOW all over again. :saddened:

Yeah, it was bugging me on who she was while I was watching, and got sad when I checked IMDB.

My brain is still trying to make since that this is the same Jaz Sinclair as the one from Sabrina.

I'm actually kind of loving this so far and I didn't have a lot of hype for it in the beginning. As much as I love The Boys a spinoff just sounded like a hard sell for me but I'm glad I was wrong.

This definitely feels like its apart of that universe when it comes to the over-the-top gore, nudity and satire but I also like how it feels a bit different and honestly somewhat darker than OG show.

It's also cool seeing two actors from The Chilling Adventures of Sabrina appear in this and Jaz Sinclair is a super likable and sympathetic lead so far and Lizzy Broadway is a pretty interesting character too.

Finished episode 3, it's definitely getting better with the main plot. I really love the X-Men satire of it all.

Yeah, it was bugging me on who she was while I was watching, and got sad when I checked IMDB.

My brain is still trying to make since that this is the same Jaz Sinclair as the one from Sabrina.

Haven't seen Sabrina but I have seen Jaz Sinclair in Paper Towns and Slender Man... Oh and she's also in one of the most hilarious soap opera trash thrillers When The Bough Breaks.

I am enjoying it, finished the 3rd episode today. I do like how very much it is in the same timeframe as The Boys. They have their own story too though.

c1da5bd347b6c6d14bd7590334a10b09acc79b09.gifv

6c6f4b264b4dbf3ce459a01a61bf0e96f36dd170.gifv

e126fd880b9954544258632c4d54cdbc07897422.gifv

6d3ce8f43b7b18890f4b495d9af3113eaab8e04e.gifv

Watched all three episodes and I’m all in. Loving Jaz Sinclair and Lizze Broadway; the latter might be up there in my top five characters from this universe. She’s adorable and funny but also really sympathetic and tragic. God, that sex scene was painful to watch.

And Marie is great too because while she’s easy to sympathize with and feel sorry for, she also makes some choices that don’t make her so squeaky clean; I love that this universe loves to play in shades of gray.

Few other random things…

Great seeing Jackie Tohn again and yes, now I’m also missing GLOW. Courtney Fortney. Lol.

Speaking of shows that Netflix canceled wayyy too soon, there’s Maddie Phillips, crushing it like she did on Teenage Bounty Hunters. Great to see her again.

Love the way they are handling Jordan, the bi-gender character. The scene where they confronted their parents was heartbreaking. London Thor (who has the coolest name I’ve ever heard btw) and Derek Luh do a great job of playing the same character.

Great stuff from Patrick Schwarzenegger, Chance Perdermo, Sean Patrick Thomas and Shelley “Hot Beelzebub” Conn (Good Omens fans will get it). And damn, I didn’t think I could hate Clancy Brown more than I did in Daredevil season 2 but in one episode, he pulled it off!

Awesome start. Love seeing this universe expand.

Maddie Phillips reminds me of Lucy Boynton and Emma Roberts for some reason.

so many WTF moments in this show I was like jaw on the floor specially the finale of episode 3

Loved all three episodes, although I will admit I am not really that interested in Marie's story or Marie as a character in these opening stages. I'm far more interested in just about everyone else, frankly. Hopefully whenever both plots inevitably intersect we'll get some good stuff going for Marie

I think I loved the little easter egg of The Deep being #6, compared to Maeve and A-Train being #1. Good call back to him being a diversity hire.

The 4th episode was really good, but the ending was kind of weird. Does someone have a time skip ability?

Also I will say that eating a banana during that scene in this episode was uh

some interesting timing

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"