The Boys Gen V Spoiler Thread

was wonder if Emma's powers worked both ways (to make her bigger as well) tho, I can see why she wouldn't want to do that all the time {the amount of throwing up she must have to do to get back to normal, yikes} but, other wise that'd make her very OP

her power does seem like it gets underestimated... but, the way she has to control it does make it rather impractical for regular hero use, unfortunately

was wonder if Emma's powers worked both ways (to make her bigger as well) tho, I can see why she wouldn't want to do that all the time {the amount of throwing up she must have to do to get back to normal, yikes} but, other wise that'd make her very OP

her power does seem like it gets underestimated... but, the way she has to control it does make it rather impractical for regular hero use, unfortunately
Honestly it depends on what exactly it is that makes her grow. If it's food volume, yeah. If it's calories? Surely just chug a 2 litre bottle of Coca Cola or something and she'd be a skyscraper

Honestly it depends on what exactly it is that makes her grow. If it's food volume, yeah. If it's calories? Surely just chug a 2 litre bottle of Coca Cola or something and she'd be a skyscraper

I mean, she does keep track of her caloric intake. She has a notebook to keep track of it.

I mean, she does keep track of her caloric intake. She has a notebook to keep track of it.
In which case, if anything, it's lowkey overpowered as long as she can prepare for it. Although shrinking back down definitely wouldn't be fun

Another great episode today. I have to say… even though it’s early, I feel like this show could actually surpass The Boys. I love the OG show but so much of the focus of that show is one how despicable the Seven are while also showing how awful the Boys themselves have to be to take them on. And then you have constant references to Marvel and DC and politics and other things. And don’t get me wrong, I love all of that. But I think what makes Gen V really work for me is how much I’m sympathizing with the characters. I genuinely like all of the main crew and, while flawed, I’m rooting for all of them. I love it when a spinoff is allowed to be its own thing and isn’t just a copy of the original.

They did get me by surprise with Kate being a mole. I don't think she is useful in a fight so with her being exposed so I guess she will sacrifice.

I marathoned all five episodes today. It's really good, I also believe it might end up surpassing the main show, which is very unexpected. I love all the mystery elements and the entire cast of characters is very interesting. Cate in particular is turning out to be a lot more complicated than she initially appeared to be. It's really fun that this spin-off is leaning into X-Men/New Mutants, but there's some Gossip Girl in the mix too. Love it.

Loved the surprise appearance in ep 6 lmao
As did I. Although a nitpicky voice inside my head pointed out that an imaginary Soldier Boy probably wouldn't have the real guy's actual personality inside Cate's mind. I kinda wish they would have had Jensen Ackles play Cate's vision of Soldier Boy all corny and wholesome.

I didn't realize Cate and Andre had been going on awhile. I thought their hook-up was more of a sex for solace kind of thing and they weren't sure how they felt about it.

Okay, caught up. Nice to see them giving Derek Luh a bit more than he had been getting as Jordan.

Huh, really are leaning toward the X-men influences, aren't they.

Interesting episode that tied the most into the parent show. Definitely get the feeling this is what they meant how Gen V would lead into season 4. Interesting psuedo retcon to Neuman's powers, though, I guess it does jive with the bloody nose precurser of head popping. I do find the Marie/Neuman relationship fascinating, and I hope it pops up in Season 4.

A lot seems to have been resolved, which makes me very, very curious what the finale will be.

The brief campus fight was fun.

I know technically, in one way, Marie has already popped one head, but I look forward to her doing the Neuman version.

I didn't see the Marie/Neuman connection coming. Popping a head would involve blood so that does work. We never seen Neuman actually fight like Marie so that also makes it believable. I wonder if they knew all along they were going to have spin off and Marie.

Yeah not sure where the finale goes or what they will clean up. I guess getting control over the school since they have some civil war. Polaris issue can still be resolved maybe more The Boys cameos.

Just straight up X-men. I really did not have Cate going full Magneto on my bingo card.

at first I thought maybe Cate helped Shetty fake her death, and that whole scene between them was staged (my theory was that they used that shape-shiftier guy to pose as Shetty) that pushing him to shift into her an play out that whole scene was the "one last push" Shetty told Cate she had to do...

but not so sure about that theory after that preview for next weeks...

I can't lie

A part of me does wish they genuinely committed to what we saw in the first few episodes where Cate was actually committed to not abusing her powers.

That scene where she encourages Luke to actually process his grief was genuinely good stuff and could've made for a very interesting character.

Not to say what they're actually doing isn't compelling, but I can't help but wonder what if

I love Cate. Hope she lives on, the finale looks like it's going to be a wild one.

Poor Sam, he is such an impressionable child. I do get it that being trapped in "The Woods" wouldn't help his mind. Have they said how long he was in there though? His lack of socials makes it seem like majority of his life, but Luke and him are made to seem close.

Those were some fun cameos. Guess we have a better idea of what S4 is going to be like. Good to get a preview of MAGA Homelander.

Good finale. It was fun to see Marie fully let loose. Those blood daggers was a fun scene. And Cate better be glad she didn't learn Neuman's head popping move, because I don't think she would have hesitated. I look forward to seeing how they translate that injury in season 2. Tanking a Homelander blast definately ups her power level.

I have to say, Cate is kind of a tough sale as Magneto. But the blood red eyes is a great look for her villain turn. I love it.

Glad that Emma's powers evolved. Should make her much more fun in the fight during next season.

Real subtle on blaming the massacre on the non-white supes.

The cliffhanger really made it seem like The Boys is suppose to pick it up within a couple of weeks. I don't think they planned a year long break.

The cliffhanger really made it seem like The Boys is suppose to pick it up within a couple of weeks. I don't think they planned a year long break.
From what is sounds like from Kripke, Season 4 is deep into post production, with it mainly being music and VFX to finish.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"