Get on board the Train, rail, locomotive and train modelling thread

Silvermoth

Krakoan native
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Bit of a nerdy hobby but anyone else a fan of trains? Post your faves or even just cool train trips you’ve taken.

Russian locomotive Class IS

The Maglev train in Shanghai (Asia has the coolest trains)

The good old steam engine

Loved trains from since very young. :woot:

3JyZXij.jpg

I live out in the boondocks in Illinois and I went to grad school in Chicago. I usually drove to class but on heavy snow days I took the train instead. I was always grateful and came to enjoy it. Since then I've wanted to take a cross country trip.

There is the Illinois Railway Museum not far from where I live.

https://www.irm.org

Hi, I'm here for the gang ba.....

oh.

Nevermind.

Wouldn’t be a train thread without the shinkansen of course

And a bit of a local one for me and one I’m dying to do. The Ghan

It’s a bit like something out of a mad max movie. In fact, it’s so epic our tv station made like a six hour show just on riding the Ghan

Beautiful!

I live out in the boondocks in Illinois and I went to grad school in Chicago. I usually drove to class but on heavy snow days I took the train instead. I was always grateful and came to enjoy it. Since then I've wanted to take a cross country trip.

There is the Illinois Railway Museum not far from where I live.

https://www.irm.org

Yeah I love a good train trip. I’ve done Hue to Nha Trang in Vietnam and then Nha trang overnight to Ho Chi Minh City. It wasn’t the most glamorous trip but it was very scenic and fun

Yeah I love a good train trip. I’ve done Hue to Nha Trang in Vietnam and then Nha trang overnight to Ho Chi Minh City. It wasn’t the most glamorous trip but it was very scenic and fun

I took a bullet train ride from Frankfurt to Aachen in Germany in 07. Had a stop in Koln and took a picture of the ultra modern train next to the medieval church in the background. That was cool to me.

I took a bullet train ride from Frankfurt to Aachen in Germany in 07. Had a stop in Koln and took a picture of the ultra modern train next to the medieval church in the background. That was cool to me.

That would be awesome. We were going to go to Germany and do a trip like that but we’ve decided to do Russia and Northern Europe instead.

We’re doing the Sapsan from Moscow to st Petersburg. Real life snowpeircer!

And we’re doing the trip from Oslo to Bergen, said to be one of the most beautiful in the world

Rail motor pic from Northern New South Wales -

hgYYpku.jpg

Beautiful. As a kid, that style of train was my favourite whenever I went trainwatching with my dad

Beautiful. As a kid, that style of train was my favourite whenever I went trainwatching with my dad

That is a Northern Rivers Rail train in AUS but I believe that those ones were purchased from USA (I am not enough of a rail engine geek to know for sure).

This is a photo of a similiar if not same locomotive engine from the USA.

C0ulgUT.jpg

That is a Northern Rivers Rail train in AUS but I believe that those ones were purchased from USA (I am not enough of a rail engine geek to know for sure).

C0ulgUT.jpg

That sound, that feel, that visual majesty. :ilv:

Ever since I was a kid I've always enjoyed train journeys (not talking about commutes, obviously). Especially through the countryside. Steam trains are beautiful.

One of my dreams, if I can ever afford it, is to travel on the Orient Express.

That would be incredible!!

C0ulgUT.jpg

Yeah the one I was thinking of was the V/Line Class A66 Diesel Electric

That sound, that feel, that visual majesty. :ilv:

I know, no other form of transport is as beautiful or as romantic

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95