Take a plot summary of a film and change the genders of the characters

Airwings

Waves of air
Reaction score
I'm inspired by the thread:
Write A Movie Summary Referring to Everyone As Their Other Characters

So I wanted to come up with a similar, but different, idea.
Do as the topic says and have fun :)

Some altering in personalities and gender traits can be done as well if it makes it better. It's all up to you.

I start with Cameron's Titanic and I change the names, then add and remove details to my own liking.
I also have men dress as men and women as women to avoid it being something transsexual thing going on.
The female version of Jack is the only one who can dress against the gender. Because in this scenario she would likely be a tomboy.

This is from wikipedia and IMDB. I mixed them to improve the result. Then I added lines from the film, altered some of them, and put them in where I saw it the most suitable.

I got carried away, it got longer than I first planned. Maybe because I love the film so much.
It's no longer just a synopsis but bits and pieces from a touching story.
You don't have to write as much as I did.

In 1912, first-class passengers board the luxurious Titanic. Among them are the aristorat Rupert DeWitt Bukater, his 17-year old son Royce, and the son's older fiancée Carly Hockley.
Also boarding the ship, is Jackie Dawson, a tomboy girl, a drifter and down-on-her-luck sketch artist.

Young Royce, angry and distraught that his father has apparently arranged the marriage, considers committing suicide by jumping from the stern.
Jackie intervenes and discourage him, then manages to pull Royce back over the rail after he nearly falls into the propellers.
Jackie: I'm Jackie Dawson.
Royce: Royce De Witt Bukater.
Jackie: I'm gonna have to get you to write that one down.
Royce: I know what you must be thinking. "Poor little rich boy, what does he know about misery?"
Jackie : No, no, that's not what I was thinking. What I was thinking was, what could've happened to this boy to make him think he had no way out?

Discovered with tomboy Jackie at his side, Royce tells the concerned Carly that he was peering too far over the edge and Jackie saved him from falling. Carly becomes indifferent.
When it is suggested that Jackie should be rewarded. Carly invites the tomboy to dine with them in first-class.
Rupert: Tell us of the accomodations in steerage, Miss Dawson. I hear they're quite good on the ship.
Jackie: The best I've seen, Mister. Hardly any rats.

Jackie and Royce develop a tentative friendship, despite Carly, her butler Spicer Lovejoy, and the father Rupert, being wary of her.
After the dinner, Royce secretly joins Jackie at a party in third-class. Carly's butler sneaks down to spy on them.

The following morning after a very tense breakfast, Carly shows an inclination towards violence when she slaps Royce in the face.

Later, Jackie is teaching Royce how to spit. Just then, his father walks by
Royce (in a mocking manner): Father! May I introduce Jackie Dawson?
Rupert: Charming, I'm sure

When helping Royce getting dressed properly for dinner, Rupert emphasizes that the son needs to marry Carly to resolve their family's financial problems and allow them to retain their upper-class status.
Rupert (referring to Jackie): You are not to see that girl again. Do you understand me? Royce, I forbid it.
Royce: Oh stop it, father. You'll give yourself a nose bleed.

Aware of Carly and Rupert's disapproval, Royce rejects when Jackie's advances at him.
Jackie: (referring to Carly) Do you love her?
Royce: Pardon me?
Jackie: Do you love her?
Royce: Well, you're being very rude. You shouldn't be asking me this.
Jackie: Well, it's a simple question. Do you love the chick or not?
Royce: This is not a suitable conversation.
Jackie: Why can't you just answer the question?

Royce then realizes he prefers the tomboy girl over Carly.

Jackie: Shhh. Gimme your hand. Now close your eyes, go on. Now step up. Now hold on to the railing. Keep your eyes closed, don't peek.
Jackie: Step up on the railing. Hold on, hold on. Keep your eyes closed. Do you trust me?
Royce: I trust you.
Jackie opens Royce's arms
Jackie: All right. Open your eyes.
Royce gasps in excitement: I'm flying, Jackie!
Jackie starts singing softly into his ear: Come, little Joseph, in my flying machine, going up, he goes up, up he goes.

Later
Jackie: Royce, you're no picnic, all right? You're a spoiled little brat, even, but under that, you're the most amazingly, astounding, wonderful guy that I've ever known...

Later
Jackie: They've got you trapped, Royce. And you're gonna die if you don't break free. Maybe not right away because you're strong but... sooner or later that fire that I love about you, Royce... that fire's gonna burn out...
Royce: It's not up to you to save me, Jackie.
Jackie: You're right... only you can do that.

After meeting on the bow at sunset, Royce takes Jackie to his cabin suite.
At Royce's request, Jackie sketches him posing naked on the sofa, wearing only his engagement present to Carly, a necklace called Heart of the Ocean.

The butler later sees them walking together hand in hand and tries to catch Royce but the couple evade him, run through the engine rooms, then end up having sex inside an car in the cargo room.

Later outside at the deck, they laugh, filled with joy.
Royce: When the ship docks, I'm getting off with you.
Jackie: This is crazy.
Royce: I know. It doesn't make any sense. That's why I trust it
The couple start making out

They witness the ship's collision with an iceberg and overhear officers and staff discussing its seriousness.

Carly discovers Jackie's sketch of nude Royce along with an insulting note from him in her safe along with the necklace.
When Jackie and Royce attempt to inform Carly of the collision, she retaliates by having her butler slip the necklace into Jackie's coat pocket, accusing her of theft.
Jackie is arrested, taken to the master-at-arms' office and and handcuffed to a pipe.
Carly puts the necklace in her own purse.

With the ship sinking, Royce is desperate to free Jackie.
Carly: Where are you going? To her? What, to be a rent boy to this filthy street girl?
Royce: I'd rather be a rent boy to her than a husband to you.

Royce flees Carly and his father, who has boarded a lifeboat, to attempt to rescue Jackie. He succeed even though he's never handled an axe in his whole life.
They return to the boat deck, where both Carly and Jackie encourage him to get on a lifeboat; Carly claims she can get herself and also Jackie off safely.
As Royce's boat lowers, he decides that he can't leave Jackie and jumps back on board.
The tomboy gets angry.
Jackie: Royce! You're so stupid. Why did you do that, huh? You're so stupid, Royce. Why did you do that? Why?
Royce: Oh God! I couldn't go. I couldn't go, Jackie.
Jackie: It's all right. We'll think of something.
Royce: At least I'm with you.
Jackie's anger turns to affection and they share a series of kisses at the bottom of the Grand Staircase

Carly, seeing this, takes her butler's pistol and chases Royce and Jackie into the flooding first class dining saloon. After using up her ammunition, Carly realizes she'd earlier asked Royce to watch over her purse, which means she no longer has the necklace.
Jackie & Royce are forced to flee below decks to escape Carly. They become trapped behind a locked gate, but Jackie manages to free them just as the rising water is about to drown the couple.

Carly boards a lifeboat by carrying a lost little girl, pretending to be her mother.

After braving several obstacles, Jackie and Royce return to the boat deck. The lifeboats have departed and passengers are falling to their deaths as the stern rises out of the water. T
Jackie & Roye reach the very stern - where they had first met - and take up positions on it by climbing over the rail.
The ship breaks in half, causing the stern to crash down into the water and killing the butler.

As the bow breaks off it pulls the stern back into the air, leaving it sitting there for a minute.
Jackie and Royce ride it into the ocean as it fills with water and then plunges to the bottom. They let go of the stern, Titanic disappears into the darkness below them, and they both swim to the surface to find themselves in a massive mob of passengers and crew.
Within minutes, Royce & Jackie find a piece of the Great Staircase, and she helps him onto the wooden panel only buoyant enough for one person. While holding onto the edge, Jackie assures Royce that he will die an old man, warm in his bed.
Jackie freezes to death in the cold water but Royce is saved by a returning lifeboat.

Upon arriving in New York
Carpathia Steward: Can I take your name, please, young man?
Royce: Dawson, Royce Dawson.

The End

There you have it. A reimagining of one of the greatest drama films.
I'm almost a little moved by going through this beautiful but sad story in my mind.
Even if it became a little different with the changes.

The butler remained a man. No point in changing him, I think.

Some actors can remain, they can just switch roles with each other.
DiCaprio could have played a stiff upper-class lad perfectly well.

I decided to go with another actress for Jackie to point out tomboy qualities. At the time of 1997, Neve Campbell was up-and-coming. I picked her for the character. Hope you don't mind.

Not sure about other cast changes. Except that Terry Jones could have been an awesome replacement for Kathy Bates. The thought of it makes me smile.

Last edited:

Jane Fonda - The Good
17jT1aM.jpg
(or Faye Dunaway)

Julie Newmar - The Bad
ylAGrt9.jpg

Jo Raquel Tejada - The Ugly (meant only ironically of course:cwink:)
QgnOFI0.jpg

SmRW0xp.jpg

We have several of these in the Rule 63 thread - Cast Movies with the "Rule 63" (Opposite Gender Version)
I guess my favorite would be tGtBtU as the plot and names would pretty much stay the same (except the shaving scenes, would be their legs) :D

"A bounty hunting scam joins two outlaws in an uneasy alliance against a third sadistic mercenary in pursuit of a hidden fortune in gold buried in a remote cemetery, leading to an epic three way standoff."

Jane - Blondie,
Julie - Angel Eyes,
Raquel - Tucá
SmRW0xp.jpg
(*and again yes the last one is meant only ironically of course Raquel is drop dead gorgeous)

Last edited:
A group of mercenaries is double-crossed during a mission and are approached by Mrs. Church to overthrow the ruthless dictator of a South American country. It isn't long before the women realise things aren't quite as they appear, finding themselves caught in a dangerous web of betrayal. Although their mission is compromised and an innocent is in danger, soldier of fortune Brianna Ross and her comrades decide to get the job done.

ddac723c898658f2e6b84bb78ee689cd6ceedbf8.jpg

"At last, Isaac and Edwina have married. Despite their young age, they know they're meant for each other.
The honeymoon vacation is spent on a beautiful, private island outside the coast of Rio.
There, they share their love for one another. The days go by at a cosy slow pace.

Edwina, knowing about her dark side, hesitates about being too intimate. She's been doing questionable things in her past. But Isaac convinces her that it's safe to have sex and it won't do any harm.

They sleep with each other a couple of times. It leads to unforeseen complications.
Isaac gets sick and kneels by the toilette. Has he devoted himself too much to his love for chicken meat so that he no longer has the patience to cook it properly?
Could he be infected with STDs?

No, it turns out he carries a living being inside of him. Isaac is pregnant (!!!!!!)
The local housekeeper knows something's up. He accuses Edwina for being a demonic creature.

The impossible outcome of the couple's teenage desires threatens Isaac's life.
It's not a human baby, it's something else that grows at a fast rate.
Happiness is thrown out the window when Isaac deals with an all-consuming entity inside him. He gets weaker by the hour...

They travel home in a rush.

Edwina and everybody else talk about getting the life-draining being removed. But Isaac wants to keep it inside, letting it grow."

No, it's not connected to Alien. It's just:

Breaking_Dawn_Part_1_Poster.jpg

I was writing something about Brokeback Mountain starring Margot Robbie and Gal Gadot but then I realized that such a movie would have like zero appeal to anybody anywhere so deleted it.

"At last, Isaac and Edwina have married. Despite their young age, they know they're meant for each other.
The honeymoon vacation is spent on a beautiful, private island outside the coast of Rio.
There, they share their love for one another. The days go by at a cosy slow pace.

Edwina, knowing about her dark side, hesitates about being too intimate. She's been doing questionable things in her past. But Isaac convinces her that it's safe to have sex and it won't do any harm.

They sleep with each other a couple of times. It leads to unforeseen complications.
Isaac gets sick and kneels by the toilette. Has he devoted himself too much to his love for chicken meat so that he no longer has the patience to cook it properly?
Could he be infected with STDs?

No, it turns out he carries a living being inside of him. Isaac is pregnant (!!!!!!)
The local housekeeper knows something's up. He accuses Edwina for being a demonic creature.

The impossible outcome of the couple's teenage desires threatens Isaac's life.
It's not a human baby, it's something else that grows at a fast rate.
Happiness is thrown out the window when Isaac deals with an all-consuming entity inside him. He gets weaker by the hour...

They travel home in a rush.

Edwina and everybody else talk about getting the life-draining being removed. But Isaac wants to keep it inside, letting it grow."

No, it's not connected to Alien. It's just:
Breaking_Dawn_Part_1_Poster.jpg
Remove the marriage from the above, but write them as only lovers.
Don't use the meaning of human pregnancy to describe Isaac's state.

Then it might be a nasty horror film about witchcraft, dark magic, devil worshipping?
Judging by what my synopsis sounds like, it could be teen romance drama mixed with Robert Egger's Vvitch, and the sexual escapades from a Larry Clark film, and Alien/Blob.
Maybe it could even borrow some themes from It Follows, Invasion of the Body Snatchers and IT.
It's crazy how much a film's story in its written form can turn out completely different just by changing a few details but keeping the overall plot.
Now I would want to see the result :)

Last edited:
I was writing something about Brokeback Mountain starring Margot Robbie and Gal Gadot but then I realized that such a movie would have like zero appeal to anybody anywhere so deleted it.
Why do you think it has no appeal? But if so, why should it prevent you from posting your altered synopsis?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"