Hunter Rider

Ronin
Staff member
Reaction score
http://www.latinoreview.com/news.php?id=2552

Date: August 1, 2007

By: Ryan 'The Rican with the Irish name' McLelland
Source: Rotten Tomatoes

Jackie Chan may have Rush Hour 3 coming out next week, but the monster news this week is that the world's biggest action star is returning to one of his best franchises!!!

Chan will write, direct, and star in Operation Condor 3: Chinese Zodiac which he'll start filming on April 1st 2008 according to Rotten Tomatoes.

Some may be confused on the title, since part 2 was not even released in theaters. The Operation Condor series goes by Armour of God in the East with the sequel being Armour of God 2: Operation Condor. When Jackie got big here in the States after Rumble in the Bronx, AOG2 was released here as simply Operation Condor with a video release of Armour of God titled Operation Condor 2 and thought of as a 'prequel'.

Yes, yes, quite a messy name game but all you have to know is that the Operation Condor/AOG series is a modern-day Indiana Jones adventurer with Jackie going after mythical artificats and kicking some major butt. It was also the series where, when shooting the first film, Jackie missed a jump from a wall onto a tree, fell, and almost lost his life. The encounter left him with a permanent hole in his head, a loss of hearing in one ear, and some great bonus footage for the closing credits (no lie!).

"Next year, April the 1st, I start a new movie," Chan said. "I direct, I write my own script. It's called Operation Condor 3: Chinese Zodiac. Big action. I haven't been directing for more than 10 years, even though I'm helping all my directors on the set. But now this time I'm totally in control. I write my own script. You'll see what happens. Directing you can do a lot of things. I can put all my messages inside, I can put all my ideas inside. It's the feeling I create something."

Never hurts to go back to the well especially with this classic franchise!

Chan's currently filming The Forbidden Kingdom alongside co-star Jet Li which has the duo teaming with a kid (Sky High's Michael Angarano) who is tossed back to ancient China after finding a staff that belongs to the mythical Monkey King. The flick, directed by Rob Minkoff with action direction by Yuen Woo-ping opens April 18, 2008. Rush Hour 3, Chan's latest with Chris Tucker, opens August 10th.

HOLY CRAP YEEEEEEEEEEEEES!!!!!! THE ASIAN HAWK IS BACK!!!

Yeah, part 1 is called "Armour of God" (he almost died making this movie :() and it was about him trying to get the Armour of God and fighting monks and amazons :up:

The second one is about the Asian Hawk trying to get some Nazi gold in an abandoned Nazi base located in the Sahara.

They're both awesome :up:

There Was A Part 2!?

Operation Condor was the sequel to Armour of God. Armour of God came out first, then Operation Condor. only Operation Condor was released in American theaters and Amour of God was released in American video stores under the title Operation Condor 2: Armour of God...

...anywho, i love Jackie Chan...but i haven't really been digging his latest movies ever since the Tuxedo. i look forward to his movie with Jet Li but i'm not so sure about this one. if he can match the stunts and choreography he did in the first 2 then i'd love to see a 3rd one...

If he goes back to Hong Kong to make this I'd be thrilled. Even better if he teamed up with Sammo Hung and Yuen Biao to make. God damn! Think of the possibilities.

No way this is not filmed in Hong Kong.
Or in location wherever the story is, but you know, I mean this is definitely going to be a Jackie HK production.

If he goes back to Hong Kong to make this I'd be thrilled. Even better if he teamed up with Sammo Hung and Yuen Biao to make. God damn! Think of the possibilities.

While you're at it, bring back Benny Urquidez to fight Jackie! :up:
Man, imagine "Dragons Forever 2" :wow:

Well at least it'll be better than Tuxedo and most likely rush hour 3: Another Brett ratner Cash in.

It better not be anything like Gorgeous. Worst jackie chan flick ever.

You saw Rush Hour 3 already? :huh:

I think he is gifted in seeing the future, like I am....because as you may know, I predicted the "Lego Indy Jones" game :up:

I think he is gifted in seeing the future, like I am....because as you may know, I predicted the "Lego Indy Jones" game :up:

Points to Gammy, this is true.

I like Chans movies but I didn't think the OC movies were that good. Hopefully the 3rd will be better, and its cool to see Chan directing again.

Yeah, I can't wait to see what he has planned for the third film.

THIS IS AWSOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Operation Condor 2 is one of my favorite Jackie Chan movies, and to see the series continued is even better. Glad to see Jackie is returning to his roots.:)

why? what'd he do?

He tries to be funny; see the Rush Hour movies, the Shanghai Noon series, and Around the World in 80 Days.

He's good with his older action movies. Rumble in the Bronx was a good movie. Just the comedy/action movies... gah.

Jackie will prevent Activision from including Angel in X-Men Legends 3! :cmad:

That's already God's job. :csad:

He tries to be funny; see the Rush Hour movies, the Shanghai Noon series, and Around the World in 80 Days
Oh come on the rush hour movies are funny. Now the Shanghai movies are just lame due to the unfunny wilson brother, and around the world was bad because it was a disney movie.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"