• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

Ghostbusters: Frozen Empire

Take it with a grain of salt, specially with these exclusive premieres, but there are a few "out of theater" reactions and they sound pretty positive. Didn't want to look much into those because of spoilers, but the feeling I got was a good one.

Wasn't it the same for Afterlife?
If memory serves, they screened Afterlife at Cinemacon and reviews started coming immediately after, and it was like well over a month in advance. So, no

If memory serves, they screened Afterlife at Cinemacon and reviews started coming immediately after, and it was like well over a month in advance. So, no

Pretty sure those were reactions, not reviews. And they were over the moon. Which is why it came as such a surprise when the actual reviews dropped shortly before the movie came out and the RT score was so low.

Pretty sure those were reactions, not reviews. And they were over the moon. Which is why it came as such a surprise when the actual reviews dropped shortly before the movie came out and the RT score was so low.
I remember there being review videos right after, similar to The Flash. Which were also overwhelmingly positive at Cinemacon oddly enough. Afterlife 's score is I think in the mid 60s, which is okay but not glowing. I am guessing Frozen Empire gets lower than that, but how far lower we shall see

Yes this is what I recall. Actual reviews weren't out until shortly before.

I remember there being review videos right after, similar to The Flash. Which were also overwhelmingly positive at Cinemacon oddly enough. Afterlife 's score is I think in the mid 60s, which is okay but not glowing. I am guessing Frozen Empire gets lower than that, but how far lower we shall see

You're correct, I do remember review videos too but I think the Tomatometer just didn't start until right before release.

I'm actually predicting this will be slightly better reviewed because it looks like more of a fun adventure with less of the emotional/reverent tone that seemed to turn off a lot of critics. But yeah, we'll see soon enough. My ticket is bought regardless, heh.

You're correct, I do remember review videos too but I think the Tomatometer just didn't start until right before release.

I'm actually predicting this will be slightly better reviewed because it looks like more of a fun adventure with less of the emotional/reverent tone that seemed to turn off a lot of critics. But yeah, we'll see soon enough. My ticket is bought regardless, heh.
When does the embargo lift officially? Is it today?

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
picamon
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"