• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

Greatest Batman Villain?

Ummmmm... defiantly The Joker because he is pure psychotic awesomeness. And to think they planned to kill him in the first issue... Eh their loss. And in second i guess would be Scarecrow.

I would say greatest would definitely be Joker, though i personally like to read two-face material.

Oh, we're doing lists now?

1. The Joker
2. Harley Quinn
3. Ra's Al Ghul
4. Two-Face
5. Catwoman
6. Black Mask

And I must say, I've always been a fan of Clayface for some reason.

I agree, but Harley is tech. a hench-wench. But yeah, she should be taken serously as well.

1. The Joker: He's the perfect villain (and the most fun to write as).
2. Two-Face: Ironically, he's number two on my list.
3. The Riddler: He's the greatest intellectual challenge.
4. Scarecrow: His powers over fear are dangerous.
5. Catwoman: Her fondness for being a temptress is dangerous.

The Joker is my favorite closely seconded by Scarecrow and Two-Face. I think the problem with the Joker these days is that everyone has an opinion on who he should be and therefore his character gets changed alot from comic to comic story to story. Otherwise he's still an amazing character and when he's done right it's a beautiful thing.

Joker is the greatest, of course. and is also my favorite Batman villain:

1.Joker
2.Two-Face
3.Riddler
4.Bane
5.Scarecrow

Poison Ivy is a villain that can wipe the floor with other DC heroes though, for instance Superman and Green Lantern. Whereas the Joker, Two-Face, Riddler, they can't really do that. Joker slapped Lex Luthor around in Salvation Run but otherwise he's not a real threat to meta heroes of the DC universe unless he has god powers or something.

It was Scarecrow and Poison Ivy who had the idea to form a Secret Society of Supervillains, and they did it. From her earliest days Ivy's always been a member of supervillain teams, usually against the JLA, and this is an aspect that's COMPLETELY ignored within the Batman comics. Which is bunk because and I think it rounds out her character quite a bit. She's very much a terrorist villain for hire, she doesn't give a damn as long as she's getting paid and she's putting the domination on boyscout heroes and authority figures. This is far removed from the mother earth "the grass is crying out for me!" nonsense that most writers seem to get too carried away with. Feeling affinity with the grass and trees is a consequence of being connected to the Green, but even Swamp thing knows that humans and plants need to live in balance. Mostly I think the eco-warrior stuff is an excuse for her behaviour and a violent outlet for her confusion and rage. Even if she means well, it's misplaced, because she's only a human, swamped by her feelings. "Somewhere between obsession and passion, lies Poiison Ivy." - Hothouse

Joker.

I know it's what most people seem to think, and it's kind of a mainstreme thing, but that's not why i say he's the greatest.

It's because he is. And I love him.

THE END!!

For me it's the ones with a personal connection to Batman. So it's:

Joker, Ra's, Two-Face & Catwoman.

Poison Ivy is a villain that can wipe the floor with other DC heroes though, for instance Superman and Green Lantern. Whereas the Joker, Two-Face, Riddler, they can't really do that. Joker slapped Lex Luthor around in Salvation Run but otherwise he's not a real threat to meta heroes of the DC universe unless he has god powers or something.

It was Scarecrow and Poison Ivy who had the idea to form a Secret Society of Supervillains, and they did it. From her earliest days Ivy's always been a member of supervillain teams, usually against the JLA, and this is an aspect that's COMPLETELY ignored within the Batman comics. Which is bunk because and I think it rounds out her character quite a bit. She's very much a terrorist villain for hire, she doesn't give a damn as long as she's getting paid and she's putting the domination on boyscout heroes and authority figures. This is far removed from the mother earth "the grass is crying out for me!" nonsense that most writers seem to get too carried away with. Feeling affinity with the grass and trees is a consequence of being connected to the Green, but even Swamp thing knows that humans and plants need to live in balance. Mostly I think the eco-warrior stuff is an excuse for her behaviour and a violent outlet for her confusion and rage. Even if she means well, it's misplaced, because she's only a human, swamped by her feelings. "Somewhere between obsession and passion, lies Poison Ivy." - Hothouse

Stabbing you with my Quew Eff Tee knife, the focused totality of my psychic agreement :up:. Ivy can wipe the floor with most other bat villains and rarely seems written to her fullest potential, future writers should emphasis the Suicide Squad and SSS background and leave the crying plants behind for a little while, which is usually just simplistic and shallow. That post sounds like something i would have written

Despite my preference of Mad Hatter and Two-Face, Ra's Al Ghul is easily the greatest Batman villain in my book. Really, he poses much more of a threat than the Joker, and ultimately the best villains are the ones who not only have a point, but honestly believe in their eyes that they are doing what's right.

It was Scarecrow and Poison Ivy who had the idea to form a Secret Society of Supervillains, and they did it. From her earliest days Ivy's always been a member of supervillain teams, usually against the JLA, and this is an aspect that's COMPLETELY ignored within the Batman comics. Which is bunk because and I think it rounds out her character quite a bit. She's very much a terrorist villain for hire, she doesn't give a damn as long as she's getting paid and she's putting the domination on boyscout heroes and authority figures. This is far removed from the mother earth "the grass is crying out for me!" nonsense that most writers seem to get too carried away with. Feeling affinity with the grass and trees is a consequence of being connected to the Green, but even Swamp thing knows that humans and plants need to live in balance. Mostly I think the eco-warrior stuff is an excuse for her behaviour and a violent outlet for her confusion and rage. Even if she means well, it's misplaced, because she's only a human, swamped by her feelings. "Somewhere between obsession and passion, lies Poiison Ivy." - Hothouse

Stabbing you with my Quew Eff Tee knife, the focused totality of my psychic agreement :up:. Ivy can wipe the floor with most other bat villains and rarely seems written to her fullest potential, future writers should emphasis the Suicide Squad and SSS background and leave the crying plants behind for a little while, which is usually just simplistic and shallow. That post sounds like something i would have written

I know it's old, but that's such a load. The Joker has proven to be more than enough trouble for the DCU as a whole, even without god powers. He just focuses on Batman because Bruce provides him with the best audience.

I know it's old, but that's such a load. The Joker has proven to be more than enough trouble for the DCU as a whole, even without god powers. He just focuses on Batman because Bruce provides him with the best audience.
I agree that Joker is a threat to metas, but I also join the crowd in saying that Poison Ivy deserves much more respect. Her powers logically could cause so much damage and she really deserves a good story in Batman of Tec one day.

Also SuperFerret I love your sig, but I think you should add a question mark to the end given how G'Nort was all like "-Wait that's not it!" moment there.

0. Clock King
0.5. Egghead
1. Calendar Man
2. Film Freak
3. Crazy Quilt

Bane is obviously not on the Joker's level, but I really think he deserves a lot of respect. I would love to see a two hour movie of him as a villain.

I like Bane, but I always felt his victory over Batman was a bit of a cheat. Had he broken Batman when Batman was at his peak, it would have been more impressive.

Instead he decided to fight Batman when he was worn down physically and emotionally from fighting every inmate in Arkham that he had freed. The state Batman was in by the end, The Penguin probably could have beaten him up.

^ Very true. But then you could credit Bane for having the intellect to have other villains wear Batman down for him. That's why I like Bane, he is obviously physically a match for Batman, but also very clever.

But still, Joker all the way. :hoboj:

I like Bane, but I always felt his victory over Batman was a bit of a cheat. Had he broken Batman when Batman was at his peak, it would have been more impressive.

Instead he decided to fight Batman when he was worn down physically and emotionally from fighting every inmate in Arkham that he had freed. The state Batman was in by the end, The Penguin probably could have beaten him up.

Merely a technicality, one Batman has used to defeat his enemies numerous times.

However, you are right about it being more impressive show of ability had he done it at his peak, but think how hard it would be to write if he was able to beat Batman at his peak in the future.

Besides, it seems to showed a more intelligent side to him, using pawns and Batman's overconfidence, and showed that he's not just a juiced up Killer Croc in a cool mask.

EDIT: Don't forget in TDK, Joker used criminals, dogs, nets, hostages and more to even be a match for Batman. Bane basically did the same thing.

Last edited:

when?

you don't see the Joker taking out Green Lantern and Superman like it ain't no thang and plotting world takeovers with the SSS. All he's good at is killing ordinary humans and teasing batman. Any meta-level threats he does provide own mainly to his popularity as a character (Salvation Run), not because of his inherent character.

Last edited:
Merely a technicality, one Batman has used to defeat his enemies numerous times.

Yes, but Batman didn't go around crowing that he was superior in every way to his enemies. Batman has admitted many times his shortcomings. I've even seen him say the Penguin is more intelligent than him. It's Penguin's obsessions that trip him up.

Bane's plan was clever and an obvious winning strategy to beat Batman. But it's easy to kick a dog when it's down. Especially when you're using a chemical to pump up your muscles.

And as Jean Paul Valley showed, Bane was not all that when faced with an enemy at his peak.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"