Comics The Greatest Spider-Man Villain(s)?

Arkady Rossovich

Superhero
Reaction score
Who do you think is Spider-Man's greatest villain? He has some of the most deadly foes in the Marvel Universe. Vote on the poll,and say why in a post. I made a previous thread,but there were some problems with the thread. So i had it deleted,and i remade it..this time you can choose more than one villain in the poll.

Discussions are welcome,note if you choose "Other" on the poll..it has to be a villain not on the poll. The Sinister Six are a group of villains,while you can choose to vote for them by themselfs..the combined threat of a villain team bent on the destruction of Spider-Man earned them a spot on the poll.

The Green Goblin (Norman) and Doc Ock easily take the top two spots. I almost said Harry, but his redemption stopped my vote. Although he was a great villain when portrayed as such. Norman has affected Spidey's personal life more than any other villain, and Ock always has some grand scheme that causes Spidey trouble, and is probably his most dangerous foe.

Aloha,
I will always be of the opinion the JJJ is Spidey greatest enemy.Everyone else up there is a criminal,but JJJ as an Upstanding citizen, has done more to hurt Spidey than all of them put together.
Spidey rules

Well, you'd have to count out Ock and Goblin, because those are no-brainers. Shocker's always been a favorite of mine, mostly because it's just so much fun to see him get his ass webbed and kicked five ways to Sunday every single time, heh. Kraven's close to the top of my list, too.

Kraven's Last Hunt was one of my all-time favorite Spidey arcs. :up:

Venom (Eddie Brock) and Green Goblin (Norman Osborn) are the greatest Spider-Man Villians. Venom toys with Spidey, makes sadaistic wisecracks, Spidey's spider sense can't detect him, etc. Green Goblin was the first Villian to know who Spidey was and he killed Spidey's true love, Gwen Stacy. :up:

Green Goblin

He's not my favorite of the bunch, but he has unequivocally done the most damage to both Spider-Man and Peter Parker.

Theres really no point to these greatest villain threads. Most of the post are gonna be either Green Goblin, Doc Ock, or Venom.

Now a "favorite villain" thread on the other hand would be more interesing

Greatest villain,favorite villain..it's the same thing. Your choice is what matters.

No.....no its definitly not. Take this for example, my favorite villain is Shocker. In no way, shape, or form is he Spidey's greatest villain.

Ock and Gobby.

Sorry, but Venom is not even a contender!

Easy one. Green Goblin I (Norman). He's tortured Peter more than any other villain he's encountered over the years.

Dr. Octopus and the Scorpion....

The Green Goblin turned into his greatness enemy thanks in part to the sad "quick fix" of the Clone Saga, and other than his first two Marvel appearances, Venom has been nothing but a joke.

Though I like the J.Jonah Jameson idea as well...

:yay:

I'm surprised Joe Quesada didn't make the list... :woot: :woot: :woot:

:cwink:

Aloha,
I will always be of the opinion the JJJ is Spidey greatest enemy.Everyone else up there is a criminal,but JJJ as an Upstanding citizen, has done more to hurt Spidey than all of them put together.
Spidey rules
FLAWLESS VICTORY (and logic)!!

I'm a sucker for the Sinister Six. They don't get used NEARLY as much as people think. Let's get that going again shall we?

Appearances that I know of:

Original Appearance
Return of...
Revenge of...
Reboot

Also worth mentioning:
Sinister 7 (clone saga)
Sinister 12 (MK Spider-Man)

Aloha,
Spidey rules

With a mustache and haircut like his, he is very criminal, as Spidey would say.

:woot:

I've heard the argument as JJ Jameson as a villain,and the argument is actually decent. In old issues he almost had an obsession with making Spider-Man look bad. I also thought the Sinister Six was the best team based threat to Spider-Man.

Im more inclined to Dr.Octopus and the Scorpion, who was once a feared villain and much stronger than Spidey... (the Venom of the 60's/70's)... I suppose it's fitting that Gargan has the suit now.

The Green Goblin.

Followed by Doctor Octopus and The Hobgoblin.

I'm also fond of Scorpion and The Lizard.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"