• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Who is your favorite Batman villain?

SirThomasSharpe

Civilian
Reaction score
Batman has one of if not the greatest and most memorable rogues gallery. Which one of his iconic villains is your favorite?

My favourite Batman villain is also one of the top three villains in history. I don't think I even need to say who it is, do I?

Joker and Ra's al Ghul.

Mine is Scarecrow. Two-Face, Joker, and Harley come close though.

Last edited:
Joker by a landslide. Second would definitely be Ra's.

Red Hood because more than any other villain (including Joker), he forced Batman to confront his no-kill code and decide if it's more important than avenging Robin.

Clayface.

That was one of the few elements i hated about the Nolan-verse; villains like Clayface couldn't exist. Now that we have Batman living in a universe with Supes, and co we might finally get to see villains like Clayface, Man-Bat, etc. Joker has been done to death. Please no more, other than a scene or two of him in Arkham.

I love Clayface's tragic origins (as done in Batman:TAS) along with his shape-shifting capabilities, and his ability to form weapons out of his limbs.

I feel it's too obvious even stating mine, but what the hell; Joker.

Close second is The Penguin. A brilliant underrated classic Bat foe.

Lex Luthor as played by Zuckerberg. Truly sublime villainy.

The Joker's the best but man I love Harvey Dent's character arc.

Ra's al Ghul without question.

I'm also fond of The Penguin, although I tend to find him slightly more menacing when he's been portrayed Burton-style than when he's portrayed as just a "normal" criminal.

Burton style as in sewer dwelling child killer? That is the only time he's been done like that.

I only found Burton's Penguin menacing as a child. I find it laughable now. He's much more menacing as he's depicted in the comics.

The Joker will always be the public's favourite villain - I think because of the antithesis he presents to Batman. Sometimes people want order and control in their lives (Batman), and other times they want to give in to the madness - to lose control (Joker).

Dr. Hugo Strange
Ra's AlGhul
Dr. Preston Payne (Clayface III)
Bane
Penguin (as a black market dealer)

Much as I love the Joker and Poison Ivy my favorite is the Scarecrow.

My favorites in the order as follows

1. The Joker
2. Basil Karlo
3. Kirk Langstrom
4. Scarecrow
5. Killer croc
6. Hush
7. Tiger shark

Obviously I love the others but these are my favorites.

^ I have to ask, what do you like so much about Tiger Shark?

^ I have to ask, what do you like so much about Tiger Shark?
I know he was kind of a campy villain but he has a cool origin and I'm a sucker for underwater lairs lol. And when done right he makes for a pretty cool villain.

As much as I love the Joker, I have to say my favorite is the Penguin. Surprise, surprise. :oldrazz:

There are other great villains like Two-Face, Catwoman, and the Riddler as well, but Penguin has a certain complexity to him. I feel he’s one of the most tragic, his inferiority complex and childhood make him seem so hopeless. I think he could eventually get better if he was treated like a person and not like a joke by his contemporaries.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ritayo
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"