Season 1 of “Creepshow” comes to DVD & Blu-ray on May 19, 2020
  • Cast and Crew Interviews
  • Behind the Scenes Footage
  • “Creepshow” S1 Easter Eggs Featurette
  • Audio Commentaries with Cast and Crew
  • Episode and Comic Art Photo Galleries
  • Comic Art Booklet, and more!
mFkfNaY.jpg

So is this first season worth checking out? I’m a fan of the original film, not so much the sequel and I’ve heard mix on this?

How does it compare to the other recent anthology shows Black Mirror or Twilight Zone 2019?

So is this first season worth checking out? I’m a fan of the original film, not so much the sequel and I’ve heard mix on this?

How does it compare to the other recent anthology shows Black Mirror or Twilight Zone 2019?

I like the orginal but not a fan-fan.
I liked it and as for today horror-comedy stuff, it's not bad at all. The nostalgia feel is there.
Production is good, it's not low cost.

Last edited:
I'm really looking forward to Season 2.

Side note - Did anyone watch Cursed Films on Shudder? I liked three of the episodes - Poltergeist, The Crow and Twilight Zone The Movie. They were quite emotional too.

Last edited:

Side note - Did anyone watch Cursed Films on Sudder? I liked three of the episodes - Poltergeist, The Crow and Twilight Zone The Movie. They were quite emotional too.
I've only seen the first few episodes. The Poltergeist one was really sad and I liked hearing the FX guy talk about the use of skeletons in film. But I wish the others focused more on the movies instead things like the "real" exorcist dude.

I've only seen the first few episodes. The Poltergeist one was really sad and I liked hearing the FX guy talk about the use of skeletons in film. But I wish the others focused more on the movies instead things like the "real" exorcist dude.

Yeah the first two episodes are the weakest. The Crow story is very sad too, but there's some great behind the scenes pics of Brandon Lee.

Enjoy! :up:

Side note - Did anyone watch Cursed Films on Shudder? I liked three of the episodes - Poltergeist, The Crow and Twilight Zone The Movie. They were quite emotional too.

I was curious about that show, but I don't know because I know how much of a bummer its going to be, but maybe I'll still give it a shot one of these days. I already expect the stuff related to Brandon Lee and The Crow to hit me hard emotionally since that movie is depressing enough. I do love the movie itself though.

I was deleting stuff from my DVR and had forgotten I recorded all the episodes that aired on AMC. Spent the weekend watching all 6 episodes and I enjoyed it. Good balance of horror and comedy

I noticed that some of the episodes feel strangely edited and obviously cut for commercials. To those that have watched on Shudder, is it more gory and are the episodes extended from the ones that aired on AMC?

It ain't Creepshow but it's another horror anthology coming to Shudder on October 15th.

I've watched the first three episodes of Season 1 and have to say I'm a bit disappointed. So far, The House of the Head is the only real standout. I think the lack of budget and atmosphere is what's really killing it for me. Just feels cheap. The creature work is astounding, it's just lacking in that magic of the first film or even a Tales from the Crypt episode.

THAT said, I am very much looking forward to this Halloween special. Maybe animation will be a better outlet for this since they're able to do so much more.

‘Creepshow’ Season 2 Rounds Out Cast; Marilyn Manson, Ali Larter, Several Others – Deadline

Shudder has rounded out the Season 2 cast of its horror anthology series Creepshow. Set for the sophomore run are Marilyn Manson (Sons of Anarchy), Ali Larter (The Rookie), Iman Benson (BlackAF), Ryan Kwanten (True Blood), Barbara Crampton (Re-Animator), C. Thomas Howell(Criminal Minds), Denise Crosby (Star Trek: The Next Generation), Breckin Meyer (Robot Chicken), Ted Raimi (The Evil Dead), Kevin Dillon (Entourage) and Eric Edelstein (We Bare Bears).

Production on the six new episodes is under way in Atlanta for a 2021 premiere.

I finally got around to watching that Holiday Special today and now I really hope to see Greg Nicotero direct more episodes, because his are easily my favorties so far.

Loved the Season 2 premiere which was once again directed by Nicotero. I know the rest of this season won't be on the same level when it comes to quality, but man that second story was like the best spiritual sequel to Evil Dead ever lol and now I want a full length version of it which I know we will probably never get.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohkeelay
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"