Greta Gerwig Rumored to direct two “The Chronicles of Narnia” films for Netflix

Nice. I wonder which book she'll do first.

She must’ve gotten Begins and TDK confused because The Prestige was made in between. And even though Nolan hasn’t made a “small” movie in a long time, I can see what she means and I would definitely like to see her achieve her goal. Stuff like Dunkirk and Oppenheimer aren’t exactly blockbuster type stories but they were event movies thanks to Nolan, so getting more stories like that in that type of package would be really awesome actually.

While The Silver Chair is probably the second best book and a story we haven't seen adapted in the movies (just in that 80s BBC show), I do think it's an odd choice to use a start point of this new version, and would have also preferred the Magician's Nephew before everything else, not only because it's chronologically the first one and it makes more sense, but also because it has never been adapted in any medium.

While The Silver Chair is probably the second best book and a story we haven't seen adapted in the movies (just in that 80s BBC show), I do think it's an odd choice to use a start point of this new version, and would have also preferred the Magician's Nephew before everything else, not only because it's chronologically the first one and it makes more sense, but also because it has never been adapted in any medium.
You have a valid point. I prefer your suggestion.

I wonder if MN will ever happen. Or HHS.

Do we know what they're adapting?

It's Silver Chair still right?
I dont think it is, unless there is news I never heard. It was Silver Chair when it was still loosely connected to the OG series, but this seems like a total reboot so I have no idea what the launch point here is

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Francuz231
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"