• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Guillermo del Toro's The Strain coming to FX - Part 1

I like the renewed focus of the Strigoi occupation. It feels like kind of a soft reboot of the show. Hopefully this season meanders less than the others. Zach has gone full Joffrey. Rhona Mitra is a great cast addition, hopefully she gets to kick some ass.

I was worried Fet being stuck in the misandrist camp would be something that drags out, but it's over in an instant and actually moves the story forward.

I dont like the burnt orange sky and cinematography. In the book the nuclear winter locked them into an almost perpetual night. I imagined it more like the black sky protocol in the real world of the matrix trilogy. Thick dark cloud cover.

Absolutely, naturally the future Terminator scenes also come to mind.

Caught up! Anyone want to take bets on what happens to the girl at the end?

I miss Dutch and Gus. :(

Got caught up with the show by finishing Season 3.

Man, I hated Zack in the books. I hated him in Season 2. I didn't think it was possible to hate that little **** anymore, but it is. I think he's just really poorly written. He's freaked out by the Strigoi, but is fine with being with and working with them? He writes his dad a message in that book, yet hates him enough to nuke NYC? The kid playing Zack has one of the most punchable faces in television history. I can't stand that little ****er.

Joffrey was hated. He was horrid, but I always felt like he was well written and consistent in his actions and motivations. Zack doesn't have that.

It's like Zack doesn't know he's a snot but Joffrey owned it and didn't care. :p

I was describing Zack to someone the other day and said he was a slightly less sadistic Joffrey but somehow more offensive.

after what that little f***, Zach, let happen tonight, I just want to slowly strangle the little prick... :cmad:

I've been wanting to strangle him for a while. :(

Zack: "I'm not a kid!"

*throws a tantrum*

He's right. He's a little *****. ????

Well that was counter-productive for Zack! Say what you will about Joffrey but at least he had needs and prioritised that need which is understandable. Now Zack can't do anything with that girl but order her around to clean and then her parts die off lol.

What a shame and what a sadist.

If they are trying to make us hate his guts they've done a good job of it. :p

I've been wanting to strangle him for a while. :(

oh, I've BEEN wanting to strangle the little f*** for a long time now... call me a sick and sadistic f****r, but what he did to Abby made me want to make the little s**t suffer now with a slooow and looong stranglehold as his eyes pop from their sockets, lol... :funny:

What happened to Eichorst face, he had a big scare on his cheek ?
Joffrey was a great villain, Zack is just an annoying clueless brat but that's how the character is written, he is not written to be a great villain.

What happened to Eichorst face, he had a big scare on his cheek ?
Joffrey was a great villain, Zack is just an annoying clueless brat but that's how the character is written, he is not written to be a great villain.

Eichorst was still showing the effects of him getting firebombed by Dutch.

And I've never watched GoT, so I have no reference against Joffrey (and from what I'm reading, there isn't, really), but Zack is probably the character I have hated the most out of every TV show or movie I have watched in the 40 years I have lived, so far.

Thanks, I watched the previous episode w/o paying too much attention.

Joffrey is a real sadistic pervert, he's not a kid with daddy issue not realizing that zombies/vampires are not cool, he enjoys torturing people and takes pleasure from it. He has power ( he is King but a bad one ), he is also a spoiled brat but "you" hate him not because he is a dumb kid. Joffrey's actor is also a better one than Jack's but maybe because of the material given to him.

Last edited:
They already accomplished that last season.

Zach is probably they absolute worst character I have yet seen on television. Sure there are characters like Joffre who are just sadistic bastards and then you have out-and-out evil types but Zach, he's just plain awful in every respect.

He gets people (by the tens of thousands or more) killed because of his petty, whiny attitude.

If this show doesn't end with Zack meeting his demise then I'll be very disappointed.

Guess they needed a big WTF moment to happen in the show to compete with Game of Thrones with [blackout]Eichorst dying[/blackout]

I think season 4 has been some of the strongest stuff the show has done. It seems to be getting better as it's winding down after a rough start and a couple of mediocre seasons. Still worth checking out if you are a horror fan though. Season 4 episode 7 "Ouroboros" was one of the best of the entire series.

I've more or less enjoyed the last season bar the Dutch stuff.

Eichorst and Sertrakian's fate were tied together in a nice little way. Wasn't expecting that with 2 episodes to go. Quinlan got another awesome action sequence as he did last season.

It is funny how Quinlan only has super speed when the story requires it.

Ah jeebus. Credit where it's due: this show creeps me out like no other.

You know what I found terrifying? The flashback episode where Quinlan was put in make-up and his Little Lord Fauntleroy outfit.

I hope we get to see more of The Master and Quinlan, the history dealing with them are some of my favorite parts.

I really liked the scene where Quinlan confronted the Master in his Sardu form. I don't mean to criticize the acting of Jonathan Hyde or Jack Kesy, but the Master is more ominous as a giant who only looks vaguely human. I'm glad that we got to see those two in a hand-to-hand sequence.

He whines more than Luke Skywalker in ANH. He's a mass murderer, but he's still ranting about his Dad killing Mama Strig, who nearly ate Zach. :wall:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"